A Typical Morning

After Forever

Two months ago:

Seulgi’s alarm tore her out of her slumber, throwing her into a state of half-consciousness. She reached over, unplugged her iPhone from its charger and shut the alarm off, frowning at the large, white numbers that read “5:01”. She inhaled deeply, the smell of hot coffee intermingled with bacon, toast, and eggs wafting into her nostrils and bringing her groggy mind back to one-hundred percent. She grabbed her glasses from the nightstand, tossed the sheets off, stood up, and stretched. She hurried to the bathroom and began going through her morning routine; she brushed her teeth, showered, and put on what little makeup she normally used. As she stepped out of the steamy washroom, wrapping only in a towel, wet hair falling in long ropes of auburn down the sides of her head, she was met with someone walking down the hallway. Someone just a little bit shorter than her, someone wrapped in a fluffy pink robe that was slightly too big for her, someone with large, twinkling eyes, a radiant smile, and beautiful locks of sunshine-blonde hair.

Joohyun stepped forward and captured Seulgi’s waist in a tight embrace, turning her face up in order to press their lips together. Seulgi held the kiss a little longer than she normally would, enjoying the feel of Joohyun’s soft, plump lips against her own.

“You actually got up on time today.”

“Only because you made me set that alarm last night…” Seulgi muttered.

“Good,” Joohyun said, grinning widely and moving in for another kiss, “It’s what I’m here for.”

“Are you sure that’s what you’re here for?” Seulgi asked, moving her hands down to pat Joohyun’s curvaceous behind.

“Ugh, all you ever think about is ,” the older girl detached from her partner and gave a look of mock disgust, sidestepping Seulgi in order to get to the bathroom, “Breakfast’s ready for you on the table. Make sure you take your multivitamin too. But get dressed first.”

“Okay, mom.”

“Don’t make that joke right after smacking my , please.”

Seulgi laughed to herself as Joohyun shut the bathroom door.

As Seulgi was donning her work clothes (a simple button-down white T-shirt with a pair of navy blue jeans, neatly pressed and ironed courtesy of the blonde-haired goddess who was currently singing in the shower), she couldn’t help but think about how lucky she was to have a girlfriend like Joohyun. Someone who was willing to cook her breakfast in the morning, someone who was willing to wait the extra time to shower because she knew Seulgi liked to use all the hot water, someone who was willing to clean up after all the messes that Seulgi made in their shared apartment. With these warm thoughts came a worrying prospect: Joohyun did so much for her, yet Seulgi felt like she never did anything for Joohyun.

So, Seulgi had an idea. She ran to the bathroom and opened the door unceremoniously, stepping inside with her trademark lack of consideration for her girlfriend’s privacy. Of course, Joohyun was used to this by now and went about washing herself as if nothing had happened.

“Hyun,” Seulgi said, her voice echoing throughout the tiled room, “What are you doing tonight after work?”

“After work? Uh, nothing, I don’t think. As long as the hospital doesn't keep me late. Why?”

“Wanna go get wings? It’ll be my treat. And we can watch ‘The Notebook’ again after.”

“You know I can’t eat chicken,” Joohyun said with a sigh, “I’ve been telling you that for the six years we’ve known each other.”

“And I’ve been trying to get you to change your evil, chicken-hating ways for the six years we’ve known each other.”

“Make it ramen and you’ve got a deal.”

“Yay!” Seulgi said, clapping her hands and jumping up and down giddily.

“Go eat before your breakfast gets cold,” Joohyun chastised, “And try not to get any hot sauce on your clothes this time, you know the stains won’t come out of that shirt.”

“I know… thank you Joohyun. For everything you do for me, seriously. I don’t deserve someone as great as you. I love you.”

“You’re welcome,” Joohyun said, taken aback by the vulnerable sincerity in her girlfriend’s voice, “I love you too, Seul. What’s with you all of a sudden? Are you leaving me or something?”

“I could never, ever, ever. You’re the only girl for me. I’ll see you in the kitchen.”

And with that, the monolidded girl scampered out, shutting the door behind her, still wondering what she might have done to deserve someone as perfect as Bae Joohyun.

------------------

I know I have like two other stories that I'm supposed to be updating as well, but this idea came to me last night and I really fell in love with it. I wanted to write something less action-y and more drama-y, but not something that's strictly fluff like my one-shot series. This is more of an intro than a first chapter, let me know what you think of the premise/ideas in the comments!

As always, thank you for reading<3