five: Gi's Book Café

Sweet Summer Escapade

My journey in this island particularly in this town is kind of fun. There aren't much of people outside and I don't have to bother to look around before navigating from place to place.

 

But finding a rest stop, an inn or some kind of cottage for me is of no luck; and I'm seriously starving. Good job, Seokjin. You did well in jumping off that ship. You could have eaten your lunch before leaving. What an impulse.

 

Just as I was about to continue my search, my eyes landed on a blue building. "Gi's Book Café" it read. Café? Okay, it's kind of weird for a book shop or whatever to be a café but I decided to check what's in the box myself.

 

The bell jingled, signaling my entrance. The atmosphere is kind of relaxing. I scanned the place and sighed in disbelief. There are no foods in this café. I can only see piles of books in their shelves. Fiction. Non-fiction. Inspirational. Autobiographies. Literature. Grade School Textbooks. Okay, I can say the owner is organized. I looked for the counter and it was located at the middle. Unbelievable structure! Usually, counters are located near the entrances but this one's really different. And no one's at the counter.

 

I continued to examine the place and I finally found the reading area. There are just two little girls in there, reading literature which is from Greece, if I read it correctly. Since I have to wait until the evening, I decided to stay in this place. I could really use some sleep, I thought. So I grabbed whatever book that was near me and proceeded to the far end of the reading area. I opened the book at the middle, placed it eight inches away from me and finally, rested my head on the table.