fourteen: swam to your heart

Sweet Summer Escapade

"Whoa! How did you discover this place?" I asked and she just smiled. We are on top of a rock formation and I thought I saw this while coming here.

It had a shape of a chicken's beck and it really looked amazing.

"Okay, Jin-ssi, let me tour you around the place. What you can see in front of you is a beach where more tourists and foreigners visit. I forgot the name though. To your right is a nearby town though its another island. That was where I was raised. And of course, to your back is our town. And your left is Kang Seulgi, your very beautiful tour guide." She giggled playfully and I chuckled.

"Dad has shown me this place and we came here often before he fell really ill." She confessed and we looked in front of us, towards the Island which I guess was where I was supposed to be going.

"You want to swim?" She offered but sounded more like she's ready to swim. My eyes widened when I realized what she meant.

"Ya! Have you gone mad? This rock is too high. We'll die if we jump off this rock," I don't usually panic but this situation is a matter of life and death. 

"Coming from the guy who bravely jumped off their cruise." She commented as she laughed.

"Ya! The height is different. This is really high." I retorted and she held my hand.

"Do you trust me, Jin-ssi?" A different kind of electric shock tickled my body with the mention of my name but I shouldn't be swayed.

"Ya! Do you have a death wish?"

"Do you want to die with me then?"

"Are you crazy?! Seulgi-ah, please. Spare me," I begged but she held on to my hand tighter.

"Kang Seulgiii!!" I screamed soon as I realized we're already in the air.

I managed to hug her before we got in the water.

"Seulgi-ah, do you have plans on leaving this place?"

"I do but I have nowhere to go. I'll probably leave if my stories got recognized and published. I need to earn too."

"That I understand."

"Are we friends now, Kang Seulgi?"

"We are, Jin Kim."