three: the "Kim Seokjin"

Sweet Summer Escapade

As I reach the island, I was amazed by how white the sand is and how great the scenery looks. It seemed uninhabited from a distance but there are actually few cottages. There are also mini-stores, I'd guessed while looking at it from a distance, and other vendors near the cottages.

I surveyed the whole place and there aren't a lot of people, I can only see 3-5 people strolling around. They don't seem to be tourists, not even foreigners so they're probably from this place.

 

Since my clothes are still wet, I decided to take a rest and dry my clothes under the sun. I looked for a spot and made myself comfortable by lying down, my back facing the white sand. It felt so relaxing.

 

But I realized I am a chaebol now, and I'm sure my parents would do anything to find me. I fished my phone, drenched with water, inside my pocket. I looked at it for a moment before I sat down and threw it away in the sea, not even hesitating to open it. It's a limited edition water resistant phone so I know it's still working but I could care less, I don't want to be found by my parents. Not when I already broke free from their grip.

 

The next thing I did was to check if I have something for survival. I took out my wallet and felt kind of hopeful only to see that I only have 70,000 won cash.

 

It took me a second to realize that ever since I lived as an heir, I only used credit cards. Okay, so this is what happens when I don't have a good plan before doing something.

 

I shrugged my current situation off; at least I still have money to survive. I was totally aware that using my card could become a way for my parents to track me down so I reminded myself not to use it.

 

After few more minutes of feeling the heat of the sun, I stood up, heading towards the mini stores. I need to change my clothes and find something to eat.

 

As I roam around the place, I was mistaken about the cottages; they were actually houses, which from my observation have the same design and structure. They have different house numbers and the house owner's names were engraved just below their house numbers. Interesting design.

 

I scanned the other buildings and saw a clothing store. I walked faster towards it and zoomed in.

 

Surprise filled me when I saw the magnificent prizes of the clothes. I can actually buy 5 pairs of clothes and still have some money left. But since I need to save money, I only bought a pair and changed my clothes with it.

 

I chose to buy a white statement shirt with "Young Forever" wordings on it. I also bought a checkered polo pairing it with black tattered jeans and red converse shoes which I managed to dig from the piles of sale items near the counter. To help me in my guise, I bought a dark blue cap. I checked my reflection in the mirror and I looked like the province boy I once was. Kim Seokjin it is. I smiled and paid for my clothes before deciding to look for a place where I can fill my stomach.