Chapter 8

I'm in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello…Minhyuk Oppa….?” I call him to start the conversation. And he sounds so active to talk with me. “Hey..Nayeonnie ..u call me? It’s not like you.”  “Well, I want to say sorry to you for that day” “Haha ..It’s okay Nayeon .. I will always forgive you whatever you do” okay..I hate that but I swallow that and keep saying. “Are you busy now Oppa? I mean do you have time to talk with me?”  “Nayeon..I can give you all of my time whenever you want so what do you want to talk to me?” It’s so cringe and I hate it. “Actually I want to discuss about something with you. And It’s really important” the other side is silently listening “I really need your help for this one. Only you can help me”

                “Haha …is that really Nayeon who is talking to me? I can’t believe that you are asking for help to me” his sneer make me fist firmly. But this time I need to throw away my anger as possible as I can. “Yup..sorry about the past. I really want to apologise for that.” “It’s alright but I don’t really like your groupmate Jeongyeon…she is really rude to me. So disrespectful to her sunbae. I don’t like that girl.” Well she hates you too. “Sorry about that. She has short tempered. Actually I want to ask to do a collab duet for this week.  Show manager asked me to find the duet partner and the only person gets on my mind is you and the song is also perfect with you so can you help me with that please?”

                I talked with my best cute voice to him. I am really angry at myself for what I am doing.

Minhyuk   :    “Singing a duet with you like my dream and now you are requesting to fulfil my dream together. How can I reject this? I mean I should even have to say thank you for asking me like that.”

Nayeon  :   “Alright ..so my manager will contact yours later…thanks oppa see you”. Finally I can sigh freely at the end of the phone call. But my heart feels heavy when I think about I still have to deal with that case.

The Next Day at the dorm,

Jihyo  :   “Nayeon unnie…have you got the partner for the duet special stage?” I am busy watching the drama that I am missing for like two weeks. “yes ..jihyo ya” members also got interested in my special stage as well.

Dahyun  :   “With who unnie?”  “Minhyuk oppa”  Jihyo’s what shouting is loud. “Unnie…why ..why him? The show manager forced you to do that?” “No, I choose him because I am just trying to get close with him and I think this chance is the best and short way.” After I talked about my opinion, I glance at Jeongyeon who is looking at the phone screen the whole time and her eyes are bright and shiny. I did even notice that when I said my partner is Minhyuk oppa, she did not even change her facial expression. The way Jeongyeon doesn’t give attention to me makes me feel confused like I should feel relief that she is not angry or I should feel upset that she is not even listening to her girlfriend.

“Wait..where are some members? “ Dahyun quick change the subject out of the intense.

Jihyo  :   “Mina, Chaeyoung & Sana go for the shooting of TV program…they will be late.”

“Mina says they are on the way back already”  “she called you…Jeongyeon unnie?” “Nah..but we been texting each other just now” Okay..now my attention to my favourite drama is gone. So, she been texting with Mina and doesn’t even care about her girlfriend. I really need to talk with Jeongyeon. “Jeongyeon…can follow me to my room. I need your help” Dahyun and Jihyo look at me and Jeongyeon who is still not breaking eye contact with phone screen. May be my voice was too soft that she did not hear. “Jeongyeon “ this time my voice is loud enough. Jeongyeon looks at me this time but her look is like she is annoyed. “Okay..you go first..”

                “Okay…what do you need?” She is still holding that phone. I swallow my anger. “Are you doing that to me purposely?”  I low my voice as possible as I can even though I want to yell at her because I’m afraid that other members will hear us. “What are you talking about? What am I doing?”   “ Why you keep texting with Mina and not even caring about me?” “What’s wrong with that? We are just texting each other and having a chat.” “Having a chat? She is not at the dorm for only like 5 hours and you miss her already?”

Jeongyeon grimace but her voice is not getting louder. She is still talking to me with the same tone but I can get the frustration from her voice. “So what? I miss talking to her, I miss confess to her about my stress and my fear of feeling coming that day and I miss her comfort. I miss what she talks to me that everything will be okay. So am I being extra acting that I want to talk with her 24/7?” 

Nayeon  :    “What?...so you been talking with her like day and night. That’s too much Jeongyeon. So why do you keep me as your girlfriend while you are having her like your soulmate? Just for hugs, kiss and ? . I don’t know who she is to you but don’t forget that I’m your official girlfriend.” Jeongyeon sneers even she claps at the end of my sentence. Then she puts her hand on her chest and pretending like she is surprised.

Jeongyeon  :   “Girlfriend? You are my girlfriend? Oh ya…I totally forget that you are my girlfriend ..sorry Nayeon na.”

Nayeon  :   “Yoo Jeongyeon….Don’t be crooked like that to me. You are not like usual” My eyes are looking through h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter