Chapter 5

I'm in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                  “This is not how you slap her……..right director?” The male lead actor is judging the scene which is the female lead and I are fighting. The director is getting annoyed by the male lead actor but he cannot scold or stop him. As no one stops him, he walks to us and shows the way how should go. “Well, even though we are acting, we have to make sure as realistic as it is. So ..you” He is pointing to the female lead “You have to slap her as a real one”  He talks with very soft cool tone but it scary to hear and he is asking the female lead to slap me really. The crews’ looks at each other and their faces show they don’t agree. They look at the main director to tell him something but nothing comes out.

                The female lead is also hesitating and waiting for the director’s guide. But the male lead is standing beside her with his hands crossing. “Come on..do it…wait..are you waiting for the director?” Then he turns around to the director and forces him to say what he said. The director’s voice is almost lost but he manages to say that “okay…let’s try what he said ya..” He smirks and looks at me. I am totally lost. It’s not like he wants me to be improved or something. I feel like he just wants to bully me. The first time I saw him, he is really sweet and kind person not like Jun. But I don’t know what’s going on. So, I am just being ready to do the scene again. The female lead also being sorry to have to slap me as a real so I tell her it’s okay to feel her relieve.

                “Ready…action “  we are in character mood already and start acting. Then there is slap scene comes in “Slap….” This is my first time I got slapped but I control myself not to get annoy and continue acting eventhoug it’s a little bit hurt. And someone cut us acting and it’s not the director. The male lead   :   “Well…it’s not that hard. She is love affair with your boyfriend so you cannot slap very soft….” Then he points to my red cheek and continue saying “You have to slap very hard one to that cheek….do you understand?” I just froze this is too much why he is doing that to me?

                The female is being ready to slap me but her eyes are in apologetic way and we both know that if we don’t finish this time, I will get keep slaps. That was really very hard slap. I cannot control my leg so I fell down. And my real tears are also falling down, I am clinching my teeth for the last scene because according to the script, I need to glare back to the female lead. I managed to finish that. After hearing the cut from the director. I can finally sigh. The female lead and my manager help me to stand up. And she is keep saying sorry to me.

                “clap…..clap…..well done…the new actress” I really getting hate that guy. He is like the collage bully one. “But….you still have a long way to go…so this is just basic” He smirks and turns back to go to prepare for next scene. And Jun is furrowing his eyebrows and staring at the male lead then he down his head. He is like totally different person with the first time I saw him. That time he is like being brave tiger but this time he is being like frightening poor deer. And he seems like he scare of the male lead but I can only see his back so I cannot read his facial expression to Jun.

                I am putting the ice on my cheek all the way back to the dorm. And I told my managers not to tell my members especially jeongyeon that I got slapped. Because they will get so worry and angry at the same time. “I’m home.” Dahyun :   “Unnie..we left the dinner for you…Jeongyeon unnie’s appa sent the delicious food to us.” They all are in the living room watching the variety show which includes us. I look at them once and immediately go to the kitchen following my manager. I don’t want them to notice the red mark on my cheek.

Manager unnie  :   “Nayeon ..are you sure you are okay?” She cannot even directly looks at me. I know that she is feeling sorry to me that she cannot protect me or cannot do anything for me. But I am good enough that she wants to protect me.

Nayeon  :   “I’m unnie…it’s okay…I must be really good at acting because I finished it with just 2 slaps . And that’s not even hurt..” I am telling lie to her while tapping my cheek in a funny way because I don’t want her to be worry.

Manager unnie  :   “Thanks god…you are okay…so I am going back now. Tomorrow you don’t have any filming schedule but you got some schedules as group.” I nod my head. Finally I miss being with my group so much. Manager unnie left from the kitchen and I hear she is talking with Mina. Is Mina at the entrance of the kitchen? Did she hear?.

Manager unnie  :   “Hey…Mina…sleep early…you are being too active these days.”

Mina  :    “HaHa…..I am trying to catch on you unnie.”

I am having the dinner silently and finished as fast as I can because I want to go to my room and put some ice on my cheek already. It’s getting hurt. After finished, I go to my room with some ice. It seems like my members do not notice anything. Finally, my poor cheek got some ice on and releasing the pain. After about 5 minutes, I hear the knob turning sound and somebody is coming inside. I don’t wo clearly because I switched off the room light. That someone is sitting at the edge of my bed and talks to me with very soft tone. “Unnie..is that hurt?” Now I know who is that…that is jeongyeon and I think her voice is a bit shaky.

                She switches on the dim light to get enough to see my face. Her sad eyes are looking at my cheek when her hands is hesitating to care my cheek. I can only say sorry to her. “Who did that to you?” I have to avoid her question in a good way because I don’t want her to get any trouble because of me. I know Jeongyeon for a long time already and I know that she can fight with whoever dares to touch me. “Well, it’s just according to the script”  her voice is very soft “But that should not be that hard, there is very red hand print.” “It’s okay…now I am putting some ice.” I am showing my melting ice to her and trying to her mood up. “Ice is not enough…I b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter