PART 6

COMPLICATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part.6

Siwon's shoulders went up and down behind his white T-shirt because of the energy he was deploying, grinned at Kyuhyun and leaned against the side of his truck that was parked in the clinic. "Sungmin will survive, you know that." He warned Kyuhyun, pointing toward the clinic entrance with his thumb, there was Ailee –the clinic’s receptionist– staring at them angrily, her arms resting on her hips.

Kyuhyun knew if Siwon was true. Ailee always kept her words. Moreover, although Yunho  –a policeman in Incheon– close to his family, was endowed with high tolerance for Cho's improbability, he was in a bad mood after working all day to maintain the smoothness of the Seven July Celebrations.

"You're right, I'll do it!" Ailee swore and walked towards them. "What's going on with you two? We have a dying male patient in there, and you two act like high school kids in here?!"

Kyuhyun's face flushed. He was aware about the fact that Kim Ryeowook was standing behind there, watching them acted like fools. He felt very ashamed –but he still wanted to beat someone now.

Siwon took the mediator role, raised both his hands and opened his palm, signaling a peace. "Look," Siwon said to Ailee, pulling out his charm. "Kyuhyun’s feeling a bit depressed, that's all. We'll be fine. I promise."

"If you break the promise in the next fifteen minutes, I'll call Yunho." Ailee replied. She had dated Siwon in their last year in senior high school, and so she had good reason to doubt his words. But still those words melted her –that was Cho Siwon’s magic. When he pulled out his charm, there was always a sweet impact behind it.

"You know, I'm not good enough for you." Siwon said to Ailee sweetly, his eyes big and looking so earnest. “But I promise, I’ll do my best now.”

Hang on that cheap acting on the horn of your head, Kyuhyun thought, holding back a sad smile, pitying Ailee helplessly because she could not reject Siwon's sweet words. To be honest, he still felt angry at Siwon for siding with Leeteuk and not telling him. But at the same time he could not resist his admiration for this er because of his courage.

"Whatever." Ailee replied unconcerned. "And if there is any one of you who gets me back out of my room, you’ll regret your deed." After that, she turned and went back in impatiently, not thinking at all if she had just been deceived by the master.

Ryeowook hesitated for a moment, his body doused by the light near the entrance to the only health facility in Seonjae, then he straightened his shoulders and walked towards them. Standing slightly away, he seemed want to say something but he could not muster his energy.

"Who’s calling you?" Kyuhyun asked Siwon.

"Jiyeon," Siwon replied. "After I escorted her to Donghae's house tonight. I immediately come here. Jiyeon’s very scared. He thinks you could have been killed on the way to Seonjae."

Kyuhyun knew Ryeowook was there near them, though he still ignored him, hoping Ryeowook would notice it and stay still in his place. "You can go home now," he said to Siwon.

"I will not go anywhere until I know Sungmin’s condition." Siwon said, leaning on his truck with his hands folded.

"He's dying." Kyuhyun said flatly. "And now you know."

Siwon's jaw became stiff, the typical of Cho. Waiting.

"I just wanted to know –" Ryeowook said. Although his sentence cut off in the middle of nowhere and he just stood there under Kyuhyun's cold gaze at him, he seemed trying to hold himself to stay standing in his place.

"What do you want to know, Mr. Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asked.

Siwon tensed, no doubt if he disagreed with Kyuhyun's attitude, but he had a good feeling to keep his mouth shut. Although only temporary.

Ryeowook's back became stiff, he raised his chin slightly. "I just –I'm just wondering if you guys are going to the hospital with Sungmin," he said bravely. "He shouldn’t be alone, Nathan and Saeun are at home, so I think I should go back ..."

Siwon moved from the truck and approached him. After staring at Kyuhyun sharply, he smiled and told Ryeowook, "Come back to Sungmin’s house. Saeun and that baby boy may need you. Kyuhyun and I will follow the ambulance to the hospital and make sure Sungmin is well cared. If anything happens, I'll call you. I promise."

It made Kyuhyun felt guilty, Ryeowook eyes looked teary. "Thank you." He said to Siwon.

Ryeowook's thanks just made Kyuhyun wanted to push Siwon again. Hard, on his face.

Ryeowook stared at Kyuhyun with an incomprehensible expression, then entered Saeun’s Mercedes, the engine and drove away.

'You're really hard to understand, you know?” Siwon said sadly as he watched Ryeowook go away.

Kyuhyun once again felt too cocky to do the same, but he wanted to do it. He wanted to keep an eye on Ryeowook, filling his eyes with the presence of that stranger, filling his heart, filling the arid deserted places in his soul.

But the opportunity was very small.

Kyuhyun only growled. He had trusted Siwon all his life –until tonight, in the garden, when Heechul told him that Siwon joined Leeteuk’s side. Choosing to hand ChoCorp into the hands of strangers. Selling ​​their shares in their family company.

Siwon could not just let it go. "Actually what's going on with you, Kyu? You know how to treat people well, but your attitude to Kim Ryeowook is so bad. It's amazing that Cho Sooman didn’t rise from his grave to strangle your neck and dip it in the pieces of horse ."

"Are you now a romantic man?" Kyuhyun snorted. "Maybe you should try to write a romantic book." He had to stay away from this man even for a few minutes. He had fought Siwon with his bare hands, no matter if he won or lost, he just wanted to distract him until he could regulate his emotions again.

An ambulance entered the parking lot, the lights glowing with no sirens.

"Oh my God," Kyuhyun said quietly.

Siwon put his hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder. "You have to stay here until the bell stops ringing Kyu," he said, somberly and slowly. "Like a Cho."

The back of Kyuhyun's eyes felt burning. "Like a Cho." He said flatly.

 

***

"MARRY HIM."

Kyuhyun spent the night in the hospital room, fell asleep in a chair next to Sungmin's bed. He was here until Sungmin woke up. And what Sungmin just said only made him wanted to fall asleep again and pretending like he heard nothing.

Sungmin was looking at him, his face was white, as white as the pillow behind his head. The oxygen –regulating machine sounded regularly and the various monitors gave out a beep-beep like a dim chorus.

For Sungmin's sake, he tried to smile. "You know," he said. "I swear I just heard you say-"

"You can marry Ryeowook." Sungmin repeated.

"No," Kyuhyun said after searching for a polite word, but did not find any.

"Even if it's my last request?"

"Come on, Sungmin. Play it fairly."

"Why should I do it? I'm dying anyway." He stretched out his hand and grabbed Kyuhyun's hand, squeezing it with a surprising strength considering to his current condition. He smiled. "I will do everything, Kyu." He continued, whispering. "The future of my son is at stake. Nathan needs Ryeowook, he will need you as well. "

"I do not love him," said Kyuhyun, felt it should be considered.

"I never saw you in this mess before." Sungmin paused, smiling, looking a little sad. "When you get in touch with Ryeowook, you don’t seem to know whether you should run away from him or push him against the wall and kiss him all night."

Just then, Siwon entered the room which full of grim atmosphere, stumbling like someone who was running out of energy. He brought a cup of coffee in his hand and he looked as chaotic as Kyuhyun. "I also don’t like to cut off your exciting conversation." He said lightly, walking lethargically to Kyuhyun's side. "Saeun and Ryeowook are here to see you. They also bring Nathan."

Sungmin's face brightened slightly, but from the way he saw Kyuhyun –before he focused his eyes on the doorway, he wanted him to stay in this room.

Ryeowook came first, carrying Nathan in his arms. Saeun followed him.

"My son." Sungmin whispered, extending his hand to Nathan.

Kyuhyun shifted his gaze.

"You need a little coffee." Siwon said and took him down the corridor, took him out and led him to the elevator.

"I don’t want that damn coffee," Kyuhyun said loudly.

Siwon's smile disappeared. "Well," he said. "I checked, but this place doesn’t provide wine, so you have to accept it."

They entered one of the elevators, heading to the first floor in silence.

There was a coffee shop right next to the pharmacy, and Kyuhyun bought one. Siwon walked to the sunlit courtyard, with several chairs and trees and a fountain in the center.

Kyuhyun breathed fresh air around him, but the silence of this place seemed to avoid him.

Siwon stood slightly away from him with one foot propped against the lawn chair. Except an old man in a wheelchair, carrying folded newspapers and muttering to his invisible friend, there were only Siwon and Kyuhyun in here.

"Talk to me, Kyuhyun," Siwon said after a long time.

"Well," Kyuhyun replied. "Heechul told me about your plan for tomorrow's election in a big meeting. You sold ChoKorp just like that. Thank you very much."

"So that's what you’re hiding." Siwon said thoughtfully, sipping his coffee.

"You could have told me."

"I don’t think the Seven July Celebration is the right place for such talk." Siwon sipped his coffee again, thinking hard. "At least I understand now why you hit me at the clinic’s parking lot last night."

"What did you think before?"

Siwon raised one shoulder, but his gaze looked sharp and instantly poked. "Sungmin," he said.

After finishing his coffee, Siwon squeezed the plastic glass and threw it in the trash can. "I'm going back to Daecheong." He told Kyuhyun. "Are you coming? I can take you back to your car, but I'm sure you can ride with Ryeowook and Saeun if you want to stay a little longer."

"Right." Kyuhyun snorted softly. "Of course." Jiyeon was still with Donghae, he thought as he watched the street, expecting his car to appear in the blink of an eye. He must return.

"Why do you hate him so much?" Siwon asked. "Ryeowook, I mean."

"I've told you," Kyuhyun said.

The newspaper of the old man in the wheelchair fell, and Siwon bent down to get it, then returned it.

"You told Donghae." Siwon denied. "And Donghae told me."

"Well, then, you just answered your own question. And I don’t hate him. I just don’t believe him."

Siwon folded his arms, wagging his worn out shoes. "Hmm," he said. "Maybe you're still hurt by your ex-wife’s attitude."

"Oh very good. A Cho Siwon is starting his psychological theory."

"Oh yes. And this is my diagnosis. You're acting like a righteous man, judging people like you know them well. Sungmin is right, you don’t know whether you want to sleep with Ryeowook or fall off from the hill." He paused, then grinned back. "I know how it feels."

Kyuhyun's cuffs stood up. He threw the rest of his coffee along with the plastic glass into the trash can. "It's not like your story with Heechul," Kyuhyun said firmly.

"I wouldn’t be so sure if I were you," Siwon said. The old man's newspaper fell again and Siwon picked it up. "No one can make me angry like Heechul. Imagine how surprised I am when my feelings turn into passion. "

"Imagine." Kyuhyun said crisply.

A nurse came out of the hospital, pushing the old man inside.

"I'll take my car." Siwon said. "If you want to come with me, you'd better tel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter