PART 17 [THE END]

COMPLICATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PART 17

(THE END)

 

A month later...

Ryeowook stood in Cho’s kitchen –their house– while pressing his phone on his ear. His eyes narrowed to the calendar.

"Hurry up, Jiy!" Ryeowook heard Kyuhyun shouting upstairs. "Their marriage will start in less than an hour!"

"Ryeowook," Luna said from across the phone, "Don’t panic. It could be wrong. It must be wrong."

"Hopefully," Ryeowook whispered, looking at the date on the calendar hanging on the wall near the door. "To be honest, I feel the same signs. I've never been so sure!"

"Then you should discuss this with Kyuhyun, not with me," Luna said giving advice. Since returning to Seoul from Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's marriage, she had taken care of Ryeowook's company almost alone. Ryeowook was amazed by the ingenuity of his friend's business and Luna herself did not mind if Ryeowook became a partner who almost did nothing. He only had to read new books. Luna would send them to Daecheong and Ryeowook was so happy to send those unsuccessful writers with a letter saying “Try Again!”.

"I can’t," Ryeowook said, glancing anxiously at the stairs. He and Nathan were well dressed and ready to go, Kyuhyun could show up behind or in front of him anytime now.

"You sleep with Kyuhyun but you can’t tell him that you're pregnant?!" Luna asked. "What's wrong with you, Ryeowook?"

"He'll think I'm doing it on purpose."

"Gosh, really?"

"Well, that's right." Ryeowook confessed in frustration. "But not because I'll have something to threaten him."

"May I clarify if you do this cowardly thing, will he participate?"

"Participation isn’t the right word," Ryeowook said, smiling slightly. Kyuhyun did not participate in anything. No. He's a coercion. He took care of everything. And he had already met the exact opponent in Cho Ryeowook.

"Do you ever think that Kyuhyun would love to hear this?" Asked the wise woman from Seoul.

Just then, Kyuhyun appeared at the top of the stairs, sparkling with a tuxedo designed to his size. His tanned hair was a little longer than Ryeowook met him for the first time, curled up in his collar, and his eyes twinkled with the sense of satisfaction that remained from their intimate relationship early in the morning.

"I'll talk to you again later, Dad." Ryeowook said. He heard Luna laughing as he hung up.

"You look delicious," said Kyuhyun, watching Ryeowook in a tuxedo that matched his’. For the size of the clothing as a bridesmaid, his suit clearly looked luxurious.

"So do you," Ryeowook replied.

Tell him, a little voice inside him said.

No, Ryeowook said quietly. Kyuhyun did not love me. And this was not the right time.

Kyuhyun turned around, then shouted. "Jiy! Hurry up! We'll be late!"

"Wait a second!" Jiyeon replied.

"Ten years," Kyuhyun said dryly, "and she's behaving like a teenager already."

“She’s a teenager.” Ryeowook smiled, walked toward him –after a moment of hesitation– and straightened the collar of Kyuhyun's tux. There was faint scent of soap, which might increase his libido. Kyuhyun had that magical ability to ignite his desire.

Jiyeon made some noise on the stairs. Her new high-heels Ryeowook bought for her were beautifully attached to her feet. That little girl was wearing a pink-soft knee-length dress that was also a gift from Ryeowook. "Okay, let's go," she said, "after you're done kissing, of course. I’ll give you a minute."

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

Ryeowook laughed, shaking his head. Jiyeon was a bit defiant because she really felt comfortable with Kyuhyun's affections. Jiyeon knew that Kyuhyun would not go anywhere, and thanks to his deal with Tae Hee who was now living in an apartment in Paris, which meant Jiyeon would also not go anywhere. Jiyeon's custody fell into Kyuhyun's hand and that woman had no right to ask for child support allowance anymore once the terms had been mutually agreed upon.

Kyuhyun did not know about this, but a few days ago, Tae Hee contacted Ryeowook in person. While telling him all her regrets during her life together with Kyuhyun and Jiyeon, that woman burst into tears remembering how bad the effects of her actions on Jiyeon’s mental health. Ryeowook certainly did not sympathize with her after all the deeds she had done to both Jiyeon and Kyuhyun, but as a man who had an attitude, he let himself listening to all her regrets. That woman promised that she would never interfere with their new household life, and Ryeowook certainly felt good. At least, she still had a sense of shame.

The night after Kyuhyun told Jiyeon that she was not his biological daughter, Ryeowook had decided to check on Jiyeon’s condition. He was worried and did know better that she needed someone to talk to at the time. He came to Jiyeon’s bedroom only to find that little girl crying while hugging her girrafe doll. That scene broke him more than he imagine it would be. His heart fell down and he suddenly felt angry at himself for not knowing how to react. He did not know how he ended up sitting on Jiyeon’s bed, it just happened like that, and he suddenly found himself hugging Jiyeon in his arms. That was when he realized he loved Jiyeon wholeheartedly. She had become a part of him.

Ryeowook still remembered their conversation that night. He asked, “Why are you crying, Jiyeon?”. Jiyeon pushed her girrafe doll and hugged Ryeowook instead. “Daddy is not my biological father.” She said with tears streaming down her face. “You know that, don’t you?” Ryeowook could feel his shirt wet but he let it be. And then Jiyeon broke their hug, looking up at Ryeowook. “Daddy would send me to Paris, Mommy. He doesn’t love me because I’m not his daughter. I know he hates me because I sometimes say mean words to him. I prefer to play with Daehan, Minguk, and Mansae. I didn’t do what he wanted me to do. I shouldn’t do that. I don’t wanna live with my Mom in Paris. Daddy said he loves me this evening but I’m sure he would hate me tomorrow. It’s because I’m not his ing daughter. I’m not his...”

“You’re wrong.” Ryeowook cut her words, cupped her face, asked Jiyeon to look at him, and then slowly explained, “Even though Kyuhyun isn’t your biological father, he loves you more than anything, Jiyeon. You know it better than anyone, right?” Jiyeon calmed down a bit. Seemed like she was trying to understand what he said and that was a good thing. But soon enough she shook her head and tears began to fall down her face again. “Don’t you see what he did to have you here with me and Nathan? If he doesn’t love you, would he make that agreement with your mom?” Jiyeon shook her head, feeling satisfied but guilty at the same time.

Ryeowook brought Jiyeon in his arms once again, and then said. “He would do everything to make you happy because he loves you so much. You’re his one and only daughter. You understand what I say?” Jiyeon nodded and hugged him tight. This conversation was deep and Ryeowook loved these intimate feelings between them. It felt so real. Jiyeon reminded him of his Mother. He suddenly missed his Mother and all the love his mother gave him. Jiyeon was now his responsiblity and he would do everything to keep her safe and happy. A tear suddenly fell down Ryeowook’s face when he heard Jiyeon said, “Even thought you aren’t my biological Mommy, I’ll love you just like the way I love my Daddy. Thank you so much, Mommy.” He had never been this emotional before. He tought at that time, maybe, just maybe, marrying Kyuhyun and living with Jiyeon and Nathan was the best decision he had made.

Nathan jumped up and down in his playing box, his hands raised. "Let’s go!" He yelled delightedly. "Go! Go!"

Kyuhyun chuckled and lifted Nathan, swinging him in the air. That baby boy loved to ride on Kyuhyun's shoulders, and even though he was just a baby, he had learned how to sit on a horse. Sometimes, when Kyuhyun went across the river to help Donghae took care of his horse ranch in the meadow, Nathan and Jiyeon would go with him. Nathan sat in the saddle with Kyuhyun while Jiyeon rode on her little Pony.

Ryeowook was still cautious around horses, but he knew, with instructions from the patient Kyuhyun, he would soon feel comfortable with horses.

Nathan laughed happily, jumping up and down Kyuhyun's arm.

Jiyeon opened the back door and took a deep breath. "Are we leaving now?"

Kyuhyun smiled at Ryeowook once again and then they left.

Brenn and the three horses watched them from the cage as they entered Kyuhyun’s black Jaguar. Ryeowook's Ferrari was parked elegantly in their new garage. Kyuhyun got out of bed at dawn to feed those animals, then returned to bedroom to tease Ryeowook. He’s a little bit disconsolate with an early even before he could open his eyes.

Remembering that, Ryeowook's face flushed again, he looked at Kyuhyun from one corner of his eye.

Kyuhyun smiled, as if reading his mind and approaching him to his thigh.

That little church was already full of people when they arrived.

Donghae, one of the brides, stood anxiously in the yard, trying to hold back as Heechul smoothed his tie. He looked handsome with a black suit and seemed to try to refrain from Siwon's mockery beside him.

Kyuhyun parked the car, leaned toward Ryeowook and opened his seat-belt, his shoulders rubbing Ryeowook's chest slightly. The fire burned all over Ryeowook's body and although he tried to hide his reaction, Kyuhyun found out. Kyuhyun's laughter became the proof.

Meanwhile, Jiyeon got out of the seat in the back and ran off to find Daehan, Minguk, and Mansae. They became part of this marriage.

"Go!" Nathan said. "Go!"

Kyuhyun pulled himself so he could look Ryeowook's eyes. "Do you expect us to hold such a bustling traditional ceremony when we married a month ago?" He asked.

Kyuhyun had never stopped surprising him since their marriage. "No," Ryeowook said. But I hope you love me back, he thought.

Kyuhyun moved slightly, opening the compartment in the car. "I wanna give you this later," he said. "But seems like, now is the right time."

Ryeowook blinked, bewildered, and he foolishly suddenly expected something.

Kyuhyun pulled out a red velvet jewelry box and put it in his palm.

Ryeowook's heart beat faster.

"Go!" Nathan shouted.

Ryeowook received the box, but could not open it. Kyuhyun already gave him a diamond-studded ring on their wedding day –so what was this small box? Now is the right time? What did that mean?

Kyuhyun opened the red velvet box when Ryeowook did not move at all.

A heart-shaped necklace shone inside.

Ryeowook could not breathe.

"Go-go-go-go-go-goooooo–" Nathan insisted.

"Hush," Kyuhyun told him.

Miraculously, Nathan obeyed.

"Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asked hesitantly.

"I-It’s beautiful." Ryeowook whispered.

Kyuhyun put a finger on Ryeowook's chin, lifting his face. He smiled at the obvious confusion in Ryeowook's eyes.

"What does this mean?" Ryeowook heard himself asking.

Kyuhyun opened the red velvet box with his thumb –Nathan and Jiyeon's photo on one side, then Kyuhyun and Ryeowook on the other. A photo of Kyuhyun and Ryeowook taken on their wedding day, with Kyuhyun's still-wounded face and swollen lips.

"This means I love you, Cho Ryeowook," he simply said.

Ryeowook's eyes filled with tears. “W-What?” Ryeowook whispered. Was it possible? Kyuhyun gave his heart –his strong and stubborn heart– and Ryeowook was in it, with Jiyeon and Nathan.

“You should say 'I love you too, Kyuhyun.'” Kyuhyun chuckled.

"I love you," Ryeowook said. "Kyuhyun, you don’t know how much I–"

Kyuhyun kissed him, soft and full of feelings. “I know it.” He said, smiling sweetly.

"Go???" Nathan said hesitantly.

The organ could be heard from the inside the church.

Kyuhyun took that necklace from the box, put it on Ryeowook's neck carefully. "We'd better go inside, honey." he said.

Ryeowook held Kyuhyun's hand. "There's something I have to tell you first," Ryeowook said. "I–I think I have something for you, too."

"What?" Kyuhyun asked, frowning slightly. He could not resist Ryeowook’s beauty when he blushed. That small man was so cute and so that he kissed him again.

"A baby," Ryeowook replied.

A sincere smile appeared on Kyuhyun’s face. “Really?” he said excitedly, holding Ryeowook’s hands. “We’ll have a new baby?”

Ryeowook nodded as Kyuhyun hugged his body tightly. He swore it was the happiest moment he ever had since he decided to marry Kyuhyun. The overwhelming feelings traveled all over his body.

Kyuhyun kissed Ryeowook’s shoulder and said, “You’re no kidding, right?” he asked. “This isn’t a prank, is it?”

Ryeowook laughed. “I’m not kidding.” He said. “You maybe wanna check it yourself.” Ryeowook put Kyuhyun’s hand to his stomach. “See?”

“Oh my God.” Kyuhyun kissed Ryeowook’s cheeks. “Thank you, Ryeowook. Thank you so much for–”

But before Kyuhyun could continue his words, Siwon appeared beside the car. "Hey man!" he said, smiling as he opened the back door and started releasing Nathan from his baby chair. "Don’t forget the baby, you lovebirds.” He chuckled and kissed Nathan’s head. “The marriage is almost started and they lack two bridesmaids."

Inside the church, Ryeowook gave Nathan to Jessica to watch him. Doctor Han, the local

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter