Epilogue

Ex-convict


"What??? Say it again??" Ryeowook's high pitch voice practically could be heard even from the corridor outside.  They were seated at corner table in Mouse Rabbit on Friday evening, 3 months after the game launch. There were not many customers in this side of the cafe as most of them were at the games section. 

Yesung "shhhh" him but still, his eyes were big with disbelieved and he nearly choke drinking his hot chocolate when Yesung told him just now. 

"Kyu bought you a car! A Mazda MX-5 RF Sports, in red!" Yesung told him again raising his eyebrows, and smiling at Ryeowook's expression. 

"Ohmygoddddddd!!! Seriously??" Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun who kept a straight face, acting blur and munched peanuts. "Kyu, I want to see, I want to see!!!" Ryeowook got up and pulled Kyuhyun along. 

"Say 'thank-you' first!" Kyuhyun purposely restraint himself from getting up. 

"I want to see first.." Ryeowook pulled him again. Kyuhyun looked at Yesung-hyung and rolled his eyes playfully. He got up followed by Yesung because Ryeowook was like a small kid who just got a toy.

Kyuhyun said "Okay okay, slow down, it's in the covered garage outside.." and when they reached there, Ryeowook closed his mouth because the Mazda MX-5 was an absolute beauty! 

"It's small..." Ryeowook started saying, but Kyuhyun cut in. 

"You are small... you don't need a big car...." 

"Brat... I mean it's small and beautiful!! I love it!!" Ryeowook still couldn't believe his eyes.. "It's really mine??" 

Kyuhyun took out the car remote key from his pocket and handed it over to his best friend. "Yes it's yours". 

Ryeowook threw himself at Kyuhyun and hugged him tightly "Ohmygod Kyu, thank you very much!!" 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Ok ok, you are welcome..." he said, patting his back. To Kyuhyun, the car cost is nothing compared to the help and friendship that he received from Ryeowook all this while. 

"Why don't you see the inside of the car?" Yesung told him.

Ryeowook let go of Kyuhyun and turned and walked towards the car. Then he noticed another new car besides his Mazda sports. "Who's car is this?"

"Kyu bought for me too!!" Yesung said proudly. "So my old car I will give it to Jongjin"

Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun with a "Wowwwwww" facial expression. Yesung's car was a Land Rover Defender SUV, in a beautiful bronze. He stood in-between both cars and let his hands went over both cars. He pressed the car remote key and the "toin-toin" sounded and his car door unlocked. He opened the door, and immediately could smell the leather!! He sat inside and admired the interior of the sorts car.

Kyuhyun walked over and bend down next to Ryeowook "I'll show you the configuration. You can program your sitting position, mirrors and audio to your liking. Like this.." and Kyuhyun showed him the settings.

After that, Ryeowook wanted Yesung to show his car! "Ok if we go shopping, we use your car, otherwise, I will use my car!!" Ryeowook told his boyfriend. "But when did you two went to buy these cars?"

"Last Friday. Kyu asked me to follow him, and I was surprised too that he drove to a Car Mart! We collected the cars just now during lunchtime" Yesung told him, smiling at Kyuhyun. 

They eventually went back to the corner table. Yesung nudged his boyfriend "Wook, there's another thing that Kyuhyun purchase..."

Ryeowook raised his eyebrows "You mean there's more??" and Yesung nodded. 

"Kyu, you want to tell him?" Yesung said smiling, and then turned to Ryeowook "It's for you-know-who..." 

"What did you purchase??" Ryeowook asked, eager to know what Kyuhyun bought for his boss. 

Kyuhyun took out his phone to show a picture to Ryeowook. His eyes were big and he said "Wowww!... You purchase this for him?? Isn't this..." and Ryeowook looked out. 

"Yup!" Yesung nodded his head. 

Kyuhyun received a text and he said "ohh guys, I need to go. I need to pick Sungmin up. He just finished his dinner with his parents" Kyuhyun finished his drink and took his haversack. 

"He didn't drive? Are you going to show him today?" Ryeowook asked. 

"He drove his car back to his apartment because his father wanted to pick him up after fetching his mum. So just nice, I told him I will pick him up, and then I will bring him there!" Kyuhyun smile and waved at them.

He drove off to the restaurant that Sungmin texted him. Luckily the traffic wasn't bad, so he reached there in less than 30 minutes. 

Sungmin was waiting for him near the entrance of the restaurant. Kyuhyun waved at him and pointed at a carpark slot so that Sungmin could walk there. 

"Heyyyy, sorry I was so late. You know omma, she will talk for ages...." Sungmin got in and reached over to kiss Kyuhyun. 

"No problem. But Min, I need to blindfold you because I want to bring you somewhere"

"What? Why?... Where?....." 

"It's a surprise..." Kyuhyun smile and took out a black taekwando cloth belt and gestured him to come nearer. 

"Seriously?.." he said when Kyuhyun really blindfolded him. 

Kyuhyun checked whether the cloth hurt Sungmin's eyes and that there was no openings for him to peak. He kissed him briefly, put his seat belt for him, moved back to his own seat and started the car. 

"Kyu where are we going?" 

"It won't be a surprise if I tell you.." 

"Why so secretive..."

Kyuhyun chuckled and continued driving. Once he reached, he parked the car and helped Sungmin to come out from the car.

Sungmin cling to Kyuhyun because he scared that he would fall while walking in blindfold. He sensed that they entered a lift. Were they going to his apartment?
When he sensed that it was higher then his 13th floor apartment, he became nervous. Was Kyuhyun bringing him to meet his family again? 

"Relaxed, we are nearly there.." Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin closer with his arm which was already around Sungmin's shoulder. 

"You are making me nervous! Are we meeting somebody?" 

"Hmmm, you'll see" the lift 'ping' and Kyuhyun said "Alright, we are here!" 

"Where?" 

Kyuhyun pressed something and the door unlocked. He slowly removed Sungmin's blindfold and said "Welcome to our new house!!" and pushed the door wider. 

Sungmin looked at him with confusion. He turned and looked inwards, and said "Our new house?" 

"Yes, do you want me to carry you bridal style?" Kyuhyun . 

"Kyu, I don't understand..." Sungmin still looked confused. He stepped inside the beautiful apartment and looked around. He looked back at Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun closed the apartment door and walked towards Sungmin "I bought this for us, to stay together. It's opposite Mouse Rabbit and it's easier for me because I can just cross over" 

Sungmin was touched "For us to stay together?" Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun again "You are not joking right?" 

Kyuhyun smile and put both his hands on Sungmin's shoulders "I'm serious. We are staying together. I bought this penthouse for you, and for us to stay together".

Sungmin eyes were moist and he started tearing. He leaned into Kyuhyun's arms and hugged him "Oh Kyu.... thank you.. You don't know how much this means to me. I didn't want to force you to move in with me, but you think far ahead and plan this! Thank you..!!" Sungmin cried happily. 

Kyuhyun hugged him tighter. This would be the next phase on their relationship. Staying together and supporting each other forever. 

"Wait, did you say 'penthouse' and Mouse Rabbit??" Sungmin dabbed his tears and looked around. "You mean, this is that luxurious condo opposite Mouse Rabbit??" 

"Yes" Kyuhyun chuckled. They were all talking about it last year about this new condo when they were sitting down one evening at Mouse Rabbit. Then when Kyuhyun and Jongjin went jogging one day, and stopped outside the condo to cross the toad, Jongjin jokingly said to Kyuhyun "Ehh hyung, you should buy a unit here. You can just cross over to come to our cafe". 

And that set Kyuhyun thinking. "Why not?" And he stood outside the condo's temporary fence and took a picture of the contact details of the developer. Surprisingly when he enquired whether any units or the penthouse were still available, the answer was yes! The penthouse was still available! Kyuhyun was so happy and quickly grabbed it and paid the down-payment. He didn't tell anyone except Jongjin and he made him swear not to tell Yesung! Because if his brother knew, then Ryeowook would know too, and that blabber mouth would accidentally dropped some hints
 to Sungmin!

So, no, he kept everything very secretly and didn't spill the beans eventhough they were all busy with the game launch. When he got the apartment's key 2 months ago, he engaged his brother-in-law to do some renovation and everything completed last week. He only told Yesung the day they collected the cars. So now that the apartment was ready, it's time for him to show it to Sungmin! 

"Do you like it?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin while hugging him from behind, when Sungmin was happily looking down at the small Mouse Rabbit far below. 

"I love it!!! Wow, penthouse!! It must be expensive, Kyu!" 

"I can still afford it..." Kyuhyun chuckled. "Come, let me show you around.." Kyuhyun gently pull his boyfriend. 

The penthouse was a two storey apartment. On the ground floor was the large living room, dining room, kitchen, washroom, laundry area, study room, and another room which Kyuhyun converted to his game room with soundproof, then upstairs were 3 bedrooms and a cosy corner which Kyuhyun put up bookshelves to put all their books. 

In the master bedroom, there was a large bathroom with jacuzzi!! And they have a walk-in wardrobe and a fantastic view, where they could see the Han River in the horizon. And to add to Sungmin's surprise, Kyuhyun decorated their master bedroom, and other rooms too, according to Sungmin's taste, like what he saw in Sungmin's apartment! 

The penthouse was on the highest floor, which was on the 31st flr, and the lift would bring them directly to their unit. Kyuhyun added Sungmin's thumbprint into the door's memory, and downloaded the security app into Sungmin's phone. He told Sungmin that he has already registered their names and both their car numbers with the condo management.  And they can access the gym and the large pool anytime too. 

They finally sat down to enjoy the view in the living room and drank coke which Kyuhyun had stocked-up in the new fridge. Kyuhyun propped his arm on the new leather sofa and asked "When do you want move over? I help you bring your stuff..." 

"I can't wait to move in actually!! I really love it here Kyu! And I was thinking maybe I rent out my apartment first and put up for sale later if nobody took up the rental"

"And once we have settle down, I plan to invite your office staff, because I want to thank them for all their hard work during my game launch" Kyuhyun smile. 

"Am I invited...?" Sungmin . 

"Tsk.. you are the host too!" Kyuhyun said and threw a pillow at him and they laughed out loud. "I told Yesung-hyung this morning about my plan, and he said he can close the cafe for the afternoon and bring over all his staff!" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"I bet Wook would be in the jacuzzi the whole afternoon!!" Sungmin laughed. 

They talked more about their planned open house, and then Kyuhyun drove them back to Sungmin's apartment. Sungmin fully moved in about a week later. 

So the Open House really materialised. True to his words, Yesung closed his cafe at 12 noon, and Kyuhyun need not even have to cater for anything because all the food and drinks were provided by Mouse Rabbit! Kyuhyun paid Yesung-hyung of course, and he insisted Yesung-hyung to accept it to pay his staff who brought over hot and cold drinks in portable large containers, many varieties of cakes, muffins, brownies and cookies (compliment from Ryeowook). Sungmin brought over his collection of wine from his apartment, and very generously, let everyone try his collections. 

Kyuhyun was arranging more cookies on their large serving plates when Yesung-hyung patted his shoulder "Kyu, did you see Wook around?" 

Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin who was taking out more paper plates from their kitchen cabinet drawer. Sungmin looked up and raised his eyebrows at Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun said "Yesung-hyung asked where is Wook" he chuckled and Sungmin chuckled too. 

Yesung looked at them questioningly, so Kyuhyun said "Upstairs, turn right into our master bedroom, turn right again, and you'll find him, and probably your brother too... " Kyuhyun laughed. 

"What are they doing upstairs?" Yesung asked confusedly.

"Hyung, just go, you'll see..and maybe you want to join them too..." and Kyuhyun laughed, and passed him a champagne bottle "bring this along hyung. There are glasses upstairs" Kyuhyun pushed the bottle to him. 

"Why...?" Yesung asked innocently. 

Kyuhyun gently pushed him towards the stairs, and gestured him to go up. He then returned back to the food table to see a laughing Sungmin. "Henry-ssi is there too!"

"Told you it's addictive. I have to carry you out,  else you would be sleeping inside the jacuzzi!!" Kyuhyun laughed and dived when Sungmin threw a serviette at him. 

Shindong came over to grab more cookies "Boss, this apartment is really awesome!!!" and turning his head to Kyuhyun, he said "and Kyuhyun-ssi, your game room is really world class!!! Our colleagues are all glued there playing your games!!" he gave Kyuhyun a thumbs up and disappeared into the game room again. 

"I'm glad that everybody is enjoying themselves!!" Kyuhyun said and pour wine into 2 glasses. He passed a glass to Sungmin and gestured him to rest at the sofa. 

Upstairs, Yesung walked slowly into the master bedroom and heard some laughters. He followed the voices and he stopped with his mouth opened! "Wow, there's a jacuzzi here??" he said with surprise, and walked towards the 3 guys, who were enjoying themselves tremendously. 

"Yesung!! You brought champagne!!! Woohoo!!" Ryeowook clapped his hands. 

"You guys knew about the jacuzzi and never tell me??" Yesung playfully scolded them. 

"Sorry hyung, I thought you know. Kyuhyun-hyung told us about it 2 nights ago" Jongjin told his brother, and Henry nodded and said "yeah". 

Yesung poured the champagne and passed the glasses to each of them. He rolled his pants and squeezed in between Ryeowook and Henry. The jacuzzi was really awesome. No wonder these 3 idiots didn't want to come downstairs. 

"Thanks for bringing up the champagne, hyung" Henry told him. He raised his glass and the others followed, even Yesung. He joined their jokes and laughed along. 

It was nearly 10pm when Ryeowook left with Yesung. They had helped to clean up and threw all the rubbish. 

"Thank you, Yesung-ssi and Wook!" Sungmin said. Kyuhyun and Sungmin were standing at the door to bid them goodbye. 

"Yeah, thanks Wook, for monopolising the jacuzzi..." Kyuhyun playfully scolded him. 

"It was so awesome! I want to come again!!" Ryeowook said and when the lift door opened, he waved and said "I'll be back..." and Yesung has to pull him in because the lift door was closing. 

Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun laughed, and closed their main door. As they walked, Kyuhyun put his arm around Sungmin and kissed the side of his head lovingly. "Want to drink more wine?" 

"Yeah, let's relax for a while". 

Kyuhyun poured and passed a glass  to Sungmin. They did a toast "to our life together" and drank slowly. 

"Thanks Kyu, for planning all these. Everybody enjoyed themselves!" 

"You are most welcome and thank you for all your wine and champagne too!!!" he smile, put down his glass and took Sungmin's glass as well. He pulled Sungmin and kissed him for a long time, and then Sungmin rested in Kyuhyun's arms for a while. Sensing that his boyfriend was getting sleepy, he chuckled and said "Let's go up....." and grabbed his phone to off the lights using his app. 

He carried Sungmin and as he climbed up the steps, he looked back at his apartment and smile. This is indeed their home. 


Really The End :)