Planning for the launch

Ex-convict

Sungmin told his staff during their meeting about his plan to have a big bang for Luxor Galaxy's launch. Kyuhyun was invited to join in their meeting and he let Kyuhyun gave them some background of what he has done for Luxor Galaxy's preview version, and that he could show it to them so that it could help in their planning for the launch.

When Sungmin told Kyuhyun a day before to join in his staff meeting today, Kyuhyun came with 10 cups of different types of coffees for Sungmin's staff, after Ryeowook had messaged him their orders. Yesung has given his permission for Kyuhyun to attend the meeting and had even helped him to prepare the coffees, and with which he marked an R* for latte meant for his Ryeowook. And of course, Kyuhyun also prepared Sungmin's favourite which he marked as S* and gave it to Sungmin as soon as he arrived in their office, in Yesung's car. 

After he has given a brief description of background, Kyuhyun proceeded to do a demo of the preview using his laptop. The preview was so well done that the staff themselves requested Kyuhyun to show them again for the 2nd time!

Shindong proposes to run a series of snippets of the preview and advertise the launch date at the end of each snippet. Ryeowook agreed with the idea and mentioned that they should  start showing the snippets a month before the launch, to geer up the interest and a few days before the launch, they show the full preview across all media. 

"Kyu, are you able to do various snippets from the preview? We can have, say, 7 or 10 versions and we can just blast these versions randomly in all media" Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun, while sipping his favourite latte.

"Hmmm, shouldn't be a problem. What is the ideal time length for each snippet? 15 second each?" Kyuhyun asked to the people in the meeting room, not just to Sungmin.

It was Shindong who replied "Roughly, yup, about 15 seconds each. Just enough to catch the attention with" Ehh, what was that?" you know, that kind of expression". Everyone laughed because Shindong's expression was so funny.

"Maybe we can put the words at the end of the snippet, like "The new Luxor Galaxy, watch out for it" and end it fast enough so that gamers will keep a lookout to catch some more snippets"  Ryeowook suggested.

"I like the idea" Sungmin said, nodding his head. "Ok, Shindong, get your team to reserve some slots in all media for the snippets and the preview. I prefer not as an in-app advertisement, but blast during Google Search or any search engine in all media"

"Ok boss" Shindong said scribbling something on his notebook.

"Wook, get your team to work on the tagline to advertise all these snippets, and also the preview, and  prepare online ad or banner for the actual launch" Sungmin instructed Ryeowook. 

"Yes boss" Ryeowook said while finishing his latte. 

"I will work with Kyuhyun on the time taken for each snippet to see whether it last for 15 seconds and the continuity from one snippet to the other" Sungmin turned and smile at Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun smile back and said "Mr Lee, maybe we go through the preview again to pin-point where we can cut into snippets. I have some ideas already, so maybe I  work on it now and show you?" Kyuhyun said while typing something on his laptop. Once he has ideas, he would go right into it. 

"Sure Kyu. The rest of you, come back to me once you have anything" Sungmin concluded his meeting thus dismissing his team. 

"Min, give me 5 minutes, I cut the 1st snippet and put in the audio. After I show it to you, we can go through the preview to select more" Kyuhyun told Sungmin the minute his staff left the meeting room. 

"Sure take your time. Oh yes Kyu, how much are the coffees, and thank you for bringing them here. Something nice to start the day" Sungmin laughed. 

"No need, it's on me. I owe this company a lot" Kyuhyun said while adding in the audio and saved it. 

"No, no, I pay you. Or I get Wook to pay Yesung-ssi"

"I paid him already, and I mean it, it's on me" Kyuhyun smile, checked that the door was closed, leaned over and kissed Sungmin's cheek. Then he continued typing and saved it and said "Ok it's done. Let me know if it's too short or not to your expectation, ok" and he moved his laptop nearer to Sungmin and clicked to run the snippet. 

It was actually beyond Sungmin's expectation! It was excellent and very catchy. Kyuhyun has cut a screen where Luxor's spaceship got hit and he fell into space. It was only 10 seconds and he already shouted "Wow!". 

"Kyu, that was brilliant! I can't wait to see more!!" 

"Really? Is the timing ok? Should I make it to 15 seconds?" 

"I think 10 seconds is just nice" 

"Great! Let's see the preview to cut more snippets, shall we?" Kyuhyun went to his file folder and click the preview file. Sungmin couldn't believe what he saw. The preview was the most fantastic preview he had ever seen! He was not a gamer but yet he was so itching to start playing Luxor Galaxy! 

They managed to cut into 9 more snippets, mostly Kyuhyun's idea coz Sungmin was too busy with his "Wow" and "ohmygodthisgameisheaven" expression every now and then. 

"Ok we are done!! I have save all snippets into this thumb drive, so I gave to Shindong-ssi?" 

"Yes. Kyu, thank you, you did a marvellous job!! And I'm really sorry for always wanting your time to be spent with me, which in actual fact, you were so busy with this programming. You didn't get much sleep, didn't you, during the weekdays? Rushing to finish this, so that you can spend your time with me on weekends?" Sungmin felt ashamed for being too demanding. 

"Heyyy, don't say that. I want to spend time with you too. But I understand that you are always busy, so I try not to be demanding. Whenever you have time to spend with me, I will oblige" Kyuhyun kissed his lips, and hugged him. 

Sungmin basked in Kyuhyun's embrace. He loved to be in his arms and he wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun too. 

Unwillingly, Sungmin have to let go before anybody walked into the meeting room. "Thanks Kyu. I better come out and pass this to Shindong. Can you wait a while? I just need to talk to Shindong and Wook, and then we can go for lunch before I dropped you off at Mouse Rabbit".

"Yup sure. I'll make a backup copy of the snippets and the preview, and I will pass you the copy for your safe keeping". 

"Ok" Sungmin gave him a thumbs up and walked out to Shindong's desk. 

After lunch, Sungmin dropped Kyuhyun at Mouse Rabbit and drove off to meet his dad for their weekly update meeting. He brought along the copy that Kyuhyun passed to him so that he could show the preview to his dad as well. He wanted to show his dad how great Kyuhyun was and the potential success Luxor Galaxy will achieve. 

Senior Mr Lee was very happy with the preview and asked Sungmin to arrange dinner with Kyuhyun. Happy that he finally have an opportunity to introduce Kyuhyun as his boyfriend, he readily agreed. 

Then Senior Mr Lee said "I will invite your mum and Saeun too. We should celebrate, and also fix your wedding date with Saeun". 

Sungmin heart literally dropped to the floor....