Cat and Mice

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: In respect to Dongho’s father and all of Nuest member’s family, the characters of them in this story is purely fiction and didn’t link to them in reality.

 

CHAPTER 7: Cat and Mice

 

The Dobong-dong kids were just finished eating ramyeon but they all still lazily stayed in the dining room doing nothing, except Minhyun. Minhyun always wash his used bowl right after he finished eating, so the other kids -who know his habit- found it as an opportunity to make him wash their used bowls too.

Dongho was the first one who started the act, “Minhyun ah, wash mine too..” But when he took the bowl, he accidentally spilled the ramyeon sauce on the table cloth.

To be specific, it was a gift from Minki’s mom on Chuseok few years ago. Minki who always brag about his mom ability to make the details of blue rose embroidery on that white table cloth, couldn’t help but to scream when he saw a reddish-orange stain on it. “YAAA!!”

Not only Minki, Minhyun also approached Dongho and started to scold him. “Ya Kang Dongho, can you be more careful?”

Dongho who was startled over his two friends scolding, trying to make the stain disappear by pouring the water on the stain and wiped it with his shirt.

But it made Minki screaming in horror. “Yaa, why’d you make the stain wider?!” Minki looked at Dongho in a mix of anger and big disappointment. He wondered how he could have a friend like this.

Not enough with Minki, Minhyun also gave Dongho a disgusting look while commenting, “Aish, you shouldn’t use your own shirt to wipe it, you sleazy..”  

Looking at Dongho having a trouble with those two naggy guys, Hanna tried to help. “Let’s just wash the bowls, Minhyun ah..” She told Minhyun as she signed him to follow her to the kitchen and then shifted to look at Minki and said, “Minki ya don’t just scold him, but help him to remove the stain too..”

Dongho used that chance to fight Minki back. “Ya, listen to that!”

But Minki shot him with a glare.

 

Dongho and Minki always fight like that. They are like cat and mice in Tom and Jerry series. Dongho maybe has a bigger body with a scary face, but he often loses in bickering with weak-looking guy, Choi Minki.

 

Minki is the maknae, the youngest one in the group, so the others love to play with him. Clinging onto Minky is one of the basic's group habit, and teasing him is another pleasure. But once he mad, it was totally horrific. His high screaming tone can beat seriosa singer and his scolding is like an angry grandma.

Despite having the fierce character on the inside, he is wrapped in a soft appearance on the outside. It could be caused by his pretty face. Minki has a pretty face that can beat women’s face. There were times he was mistook as a girl. When the kids were hanging out together, it looked like 3 boys walking with 2 girls. There was the time Minki went to the public toilet and he got scolded by an ahjussi for getting the wrong toilet. Dongho’s dad even mistook Minki as his son's girlfriend when he saw a selca of them.

Minki’s pretty face number 1 fan is Aaron. One of Aaron's ideal type is that she should be prettier than Minki. He even showed love to Minki more than to Hanna. There was the time, Aaron planned something with the help from Minhyun and Dongho. He photo shopped Minki’s photo so he looked like having a long hair and compared it with Hanna’s photo side by side. Then he asked his male friends to vote who they think prettier and the result 78% chose Minki as the prettier one. That time Hanna was so mad at her brother, she didn't want to talk to him for almost 2 days. But even Hanna admitted that Minki is prettier than her, she just dislike how her brother treat her.

Minki meant a lot to his family. His dad pass away when his mom pregnant, so Minki is just like someone God gave them as the replacement. Minki's older brother, Minseok really showered him with love. Anything he asked, Minseok always tried to get it. And it made Hanna really jealous to have older brother like Minseok. Sometimes Hanna was asking to herself, why it seems like she is someone nobody wants, since Aaron and Grace love Minki more than her, while her mom and dad always admire Hwang's kids more than her.

 

If Minki grow up to be pretty, Dongho grow up to be manly. The big fat kids who looked like Bobo Ho in Shaolin Popey has turned to be the real man. People might mistook him as a thug because his intimidating looks, but he's actually such a baby. He is the only child in the family, so he think of the Dobong-dong kids as his family. He always come to Minhyun every time he got scolded by his mom. For the information, his mom is super ferocious, even his dad is scared with his mom. His mom is Professor Candidate in biotechnology in Korea University. She ever declared that she dislikes to hang out with the other moms because it gives no benefit to her. She was busy over her researches, until somehow she forget about her own child. That was the reason Dongho always going to the other houses, especially Hwang’s because they always provided foods.

Dongho is famous for his power and strength that made him excel in any kind of sports. Although he somehow looked like he could knock out a man with one punch, he is actually a bit slow in responding. Just like when the groups were watching movie together, Dongho sometimes asking, "What’s that mean?" "So that's the end? What's the point of the movie?" or when it supposed to be funny scene, Dongho was late to laugh. But he also has a sensitive heart. When it comes to a mellow scene, Dongho always to be the first one who shed a tear.

He may looks like a bandit, but Dongho is actually a church boy. He is good in playing piano and he also has a great vocal. Hanna was jealous over his vocal because he could reach high notes easily. Minhyun also learnt to play piano from Dongho. He actually has the thing in music, but he didn’t expand his ability be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter