Hwang's Superior Genes

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: Hwang's superior genes

 

Still in Kim's dining room, the kids were having conversations.

"Guys, what will we do for the rest of the winter break?" Hanna asked excitedly.

"Skiing!" Dongho responded fast.

"Skiing is expensive and far.." Minki commented shortly.

"Then, skating?" Dongho gave another idea.

"That's great! I agree." Minhyun gave thumbs up to Dongho.

But then, Jonghyun asked, "What about studying for the final exam?" He reminded his friends while smiling.

"You're really no fun, Kim Jonghyun.." Dongho sighed loudly.

"So that's your plan to spend the winter break, Jonghyun ah?" Minki asked in disbelief.

"Yup. I have more free time  in  holiday, so I should spend it with something that give benefit such as studying.." Jonghyun was still smiling, like trying to tell the others that studying is something fun.

Listened to that, Minhyun couldn't help but to roll his eyes. "Of course, typical answer from the model student.."

But he got snapped by Jonghyun. "Yaa, don't forget that we have to meet the others every weekend for the Olympiad preparation, Minhyun ah!."

That words were enough to make the kids shock. "What??? Minhyun is joining the Olympiad??" Hanna asked the loudest.

"He'll participate in Physics.." Jonghyun responded calmly.

"Daebak!!!" The three of them were saying it harmoniously.

"You don't deliberately volunteer to join the competition, do you?" Minki asked seriously.

"Of course, not!" Minhyun responded fast. He added, "That boy  is the one who responsible for this. He drag me down to the hell.. aaah I don't want to join the Olympiad.." Minhyun grumbled as he pointed on Jonghyun.

"Yaa, you're really good in Physics, you got the highest score in the mid exam!." Jonghyun explained the reason why he recommended Minhyun to the teacher.

But Minhyun calmly said, "I'm just lucky.."

"No.. I even think you're smarter than I am.. because you can do well in exam even when you're not studying.." Jonghyun was still trying to reasoning out his action.

But Hanna told him, "Jonghyun ah, don't exaggerating.. We still believe you're the best among us.."

"No.. really.. I can do well because of my routine studies, but Minhyun... he's born to be genius!" Jonghyun even added with the thumbs up.

The other kids were showing expressions telling Jonghyun "that's enough, man."  

But Jonghyun still didn't want to give up. Before he spoke up again, Minhyun told him, "Kim Jonghyun, please stop. They won't understand even if you explain it for thousand times.."

That made Jonghyun laughing. "You guys really..."

 

Actually the Dobong-dong kids knew that Minhyun is indeed smart. Little Minhyun showed a nerdy aura. Since his mom loved to read him books before he gets to sleep, little Minhyun grew up as a book lover. He even ever hid behind the table just to read books, because his mom forbid him to read book again as his hobby getting severe. As the effect, he never got out from top three rank in elementary school.

He somewhat changed in the middle school, his love for books changed into love for comics as he got addicted with Transformers series. But he always defended himself by saying comic is still called book. But even with the transformation, he even once got the first rank in middle school and he got shocked himself.

It continued in high school. The night before the last mid term Jonghyun mentioned, Minhyun spent it with playing Anipang with Dongho. But turned out he got the highest score on the exam. That made the others sulky and rather envy, so they respected Jonghyun's high effort high result than Minhyun's less effort high result.

Moreover to Hanna. In class 1, school wasn't divided the class by ranks yet, so Hanna was still in the same class with Minhyun.Since class 2 was divided by ranks, Hanna determined to be in the same class with Jonghyun. She studied diligently but then ended up in class 2B with Minki, while the one who get the same class with Jonghyun is none other than Minhyun.

 

"I really want to ask you guys, why can't you admit that our friend is indeed smart.. not even smart, he also has the looks." Jonghyun's appraisal to Minhyun continued.

Dongho scoffed, "You sounded like his hardcore fans, Jonghyun ah.."

Jonghyun chuckled to hear that, then continued, "Talking about that, there's one girl in our class who seems a big fan of Minhyun.." He said it excitedly. "She always flirt with Minhyun every time she had chance.."

"Don't tell me, her name is Seolhyun.." Minki guessed

Jonghyun looked surprise. "How'd you know?"

"She's in our class in the first year. She even had a fight with Hanna just because she got jealous over their close friendship.." Minki explained. "Fortunately I saw them and called Dongho right a way.."

 

-00-

 

At

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter