Gaze

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 22: Gaze

 

Dongho was celebrating his victory with Dobong-dong family in Hwang Residence. The mommies has prepared Dongho's many favorite meals. He couldn’t ask for better, he felt happy being surrounded by them. Somehow he thought who his real family was, because none of his parents came to celebrate his winning. No, her mom didn't even know he was joining the championship.

 

All the happiness he felt in the celebration party was even disappeared as soon as he entered his own house. Because that was when he met his dad who remind him about the promise he made to quit Kendo. Dongho told his dad not to worry about it, he would keep his promise.

 

-00-

 

The school break was over, it was the time to go back to school.

The school began to be filled with new faces due to the arrival of new students who will soon become Dobong dong kids’ hoobae. That made them to realize that this year will be their last year in high school. And of course they had to work hard for SAT preparation.

Hanna sighed as she remembered about that thing, but then she found back her smile as soon as she entered the class. Even though she couldn't enter class 3 A, but her friends in class 3 B are more than enough for her. This new class didn’t seem new for her , because it was filled with the majority students from her previous class, 2B. They have spent a great year together before, so this year must be fun too. At least she would be less stress in this class than in 3 A.

 

Hanna approached Namjoo and sat next to her, while Minki sat next to Daehwi. They started to chat until  someone came and stole their attention.

That person came in to the class hesitantly.

Hanna looked up and directly chuckled. She greeted the newcomer. "Oh, Seolhyun ah! Good morning."

Seolhyun threw an annoyed gaze to Hanna as she sat on the second row front seat.

But the tease didn't stop, Sungwoon approached her and greeted her. "Welcome back, Seolhyun ah!"

Basically more than half of the students in class 3 B were Seolhyun’s classmates in class 1B. They still remembered how cocky Seolhyun that time after the announcement of her getting into class 2A. So having her back to the middle class was an opportunity to that the other students shouldn’t be missed.

Seolhyun told Sungwoon under her breath, "Stop it."

Still didn't stop, Shiyoon -who was previously one of Seolhyun’s fellas before they split up because Seolhyun’s bad attitude- came and ranted, "Ya, you better move, that's my seat."

With that, Seolhyun heaved a sigh and moved to another seat.

Looking that, Hanna was giggling with Namjoo, Minki, and Daehwi, but actually she was pity her too. Too bad, you reap what you sow, Seolhyun ah..

 

The bell rang and Teacher Lee came to the class. Sungwoon who has been the class president for two consecutive years, naturally lead the other friend to bow.

Teacher Lee smiled. "Good morning, students."

"Good morning, saem.." The students greeted in harmony.

"Well, maybe you have known me before but I still have to introduce myself formally. I'm Lee Seokhoon. I will be this 3B class homeroom teacher this year, I hope we can work together, hand in hand to reach our goal to graduate with a satisfying study record." Teacher Lee made a simple bow to the students.

Then he continued, "Well, as you know.. Last year, I was a homeroom teacher for class 2A which got a lot of achievement. As you know two of the students from that class has been selected to be the representatives of Seoul in the National Olympiad that will be hold next month. That was a great achievement since our school was actually having less study facility than other school, but we prove it that the most important is here..” He pointed on his side of the head, which mean brain. “And here.." He pointed on his left chest, which mean heart. "Those two are our ability and also our will to achieve our goal. I hope I can also guide you to reach your goal."

The students were listening to what Teacher Lee said with solemnity. Then Teacher Lee started to look at the student's face one by one as he said, “I want to take a picture each of your faces with my eyes and put it in my brain memory so that on the way I become your homeroom teacher I already have memorized all my students.” But then he looked surprise as he saw someone. "Oh, Seolhyun ah.. What are you doing here?"

That made everyone laughing, while Seolhyun bent her head in embarrassment.

Even the teacher conspires to make today as Seolhyun bad day. Hanna thought.

 

-00-

 

As usual, the Dobong dong kids spent lunch at cafeteria together.

"How's your class?" Hanna asked as she spooned her soup.

"Nothing much different, but that boy from your class seems funny." Dongho answered.

Minki replied fast, "Ah, Sanggyun.. Yeah, he’s a jokester in the class. Don’t know why he could drop his rank? It’s such a loss to our class.”

Namjoo added the information, “Kang Mina from your class is sitting with Seolhyun now..”

“Oh? I just know it, that Seolhyun dropped her rank..” Dongho responded.

With the mention of Seolhyun’s name, Hanna chuckled. “It was epic when she came in class, everyone was teasing her."

Minhyun commented, "Don't bully her, Kwak Hanna."

Hanna choked her soup. "I don't bully her! Woah, seriously now you care for her, uh?"

Minhyun was laughing to see Hanna’s reaction. He liked to see Hanna angry.

But then Daniel changed the topic. "Anyway, there are many cute new students now, don't you realize it? We'll look much cooler now as we become sunbae."

Jonghyun eyed Daniel, "We're in the state where we should be focus on study, Niel ah..”

Ignoring Jonghyun’s words, Daehwi changed it to another topic, "But, don't you also realize that Minki Hyung's popularity now is not a joke? When he walked in the corridor, all eyes were on him."

"Yeah, I realized that too.” Namjoo responded fast, “Even now few people are glancing at Minki."

With that, the other kids were looking around. And yes, what Namjoo said was true.

Jonghyun commented, "That maybe because Minki is getting more handsome, now."

"Ah! You realized it too, Jonghyun hyung?” Daehwi excitedly responded. “He do get more handsome. His eyes are sparkling . Are you in love, Minki hyung?"

Minki looked surprise with Daehwi’s statement. "What are you talking about? Don't exaggerating!"

"It could be the after effect of the Festival. Everyone now remember him as the Pretty Boy." Dongho gave another possible reason.

That made Minki ask, "Then what should I do?"

"Then just enjoy it. Not everyone got the chance to be popular."

Savage Minhyun directly made an attack to Dongho. "Do you envy him?"

Dongho chuckled as he rolled his eyes. "I'm already popular, Nyeon.."

"Yes, popular as the scariest guy." Daehwi commented fast.

With that, Hanna and Namjoo reenacted Daehwi first met with Dongho "Musowooo~~"

Everyone was laughing. Time flies so fast. It seemed like yesterday, Daehwi scared of Dongho, but now they became closefriend.

 

Then Minki changed the topic, "But, you got money prize for winning the championship, right Dongho ya? Why don't you treat us to karaoke?"

Hanna and Namjoo directly agreed. "Call! Call!"

Daniel then asked Jonghyun. "Oh Jonghyun hyung also got some money prize for being the winner, right?"

 Hanna directly snapped him. "Ey, don't touch Jonghyun! His money is fully his."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter