Know

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 19: Know

 

Hanna went home with Aaron after they helped Mrs. Hwang to clean the after mess of the graduation party. As they went inside their house’ gate, Hanna asked her older brother, "How could you get Sujin unnie as your girl? Did you give her some kind of love potion or magic spell?"

Aaron eyed his sister. "You read too much Harry Potter, Hanna.."

"But, are you always showering your girl with gifts?” Hanna asked Aaron as he opened the front door and went in. “Huge bouquet of flowers then a puppy. Pft, you don't even treat your own sister like that. At least buy Grace a puppy too." It seemed like Hanna was jealous over Aaron’s attention to his girlfriend.

Aaron stopped walking and faced Hanna. He smiled as he pinched his younger sister’s cheek. "Ooh does my little sister want a puppy too?”

Hanna rolled her eyes, feeling annoyed with Aaron’s fake action. “It’s Grace, not me.”

“Of course. You don’t suit to have a cute puppy. I'll buy you a monkey. It suits you more." Aaron said that and runaway before Hanna changed to be a monster.

"YAAAH!"

 

-00-

 

What comes after the graduation is two weeks-school break before new study year. After helping her mom doing morning chores, Hanna didn’t know what to do. She then caught up Minki in her mom’s flower shop.

After almost an hour only look at Minki busy arranging flowers, Hanna let out her whin. "Aaah, what should I do to spend this school break? Minhyun and Jonghyun spent time at school preparing for the Olympiad, and Dongho practicing Kendo." She stood closer to Minki and looked at him in the eyes. "Let's go somewhere, Minki ya.."

Without moving his stare from the flowers, Minki answered, "No, I have promised my mom to help her in this flower shop if I refuse to take the private school for this break."

Listened to Minki’s answer, Hanna heaved a sigh. "Ah that's right. Namjoo also take the private school. Ah, why does everyone busy except me?"

With that, Minki’s mom responded, "Why don't you take the private school, Hanna? Did your mom not suggest it?"

Hanna looked at Mrs. Choi while shaking her head. "Nope, I guess my mom doesn't even care about my future."

"Hush! Don't say that.” Mrs. Choi responded fast. “Even if your mom suggest it, you won’t take it, will you? Just like Minki, he prefer help me than study."

Minki could only give his mom a wide grin.

Mrs. Choi then continued, "Then you can help me too, Hanna."

Minki directly opposed the idea. "No mom, don't let her touch your flowers. She'll only ruin it. We’ll go bankrupt if she work for us."

Hanna smirked at Minki and then smiled at Minki’s mom.

 

-00-

 

After helping with flowers arranging and doing some delivery, Minki got called by his mom.

“Here, your payment for today. Just take Hanna out for lunch. You can go home after that, there's nothing much you can do anyway." Mrs. Choi told her youngest son.

Minki smiled brightly as he took the envelope his mom gave. "Thank you, Mom. I'll be using this money well." He was not forgetting to bow before going out with Hanna.

 

On their way to Burger Shop, Hanna and Minki saw someone familiar across the road. "Oh! Is that Dongho and Daniel?" Minki asked Hanna.

With that, Hanna directly waved her hands to them.

 

Minki then invited Dongho and Daniel to get lunch together. There in the Burger Shop, Hanna started the conversation, "You're done with the practice?"

Daniel nodded. As he munched his beef burger, he said, "Yeah. But what actually happened with Dongho hyung? Did something happen? He went crazy today.”

“Crazy?” Both Hanna and Minki didn’t understand what Daniel saying. Meanwhile the one whom they were talking about was busy eating his double cheese Burger.

“Today we have selection test to choose the representative for the championship. And what he showed is exceed our expectation! His movement is extra sharp and fast. Like he could tore you up in one swing. With that movement, I believe he'll be the one who get chosen." Daniel told it enthusiastically.

"Whooo. It must be caused by how emotional he is right now." Minki said as he threw a glance to Dongho.

"Don't even start it, Minki ya." Dongho told it firmly without looking back at Minki.

Daniel got more curious. "What happened? What happened? Tell me."

"He is broken hearted right now. His crush has already in a relationship with someone else." Hanna answered calmly as she ate her French fries

"Kwak Hanna, do you want to die?" This time, Dongho threw a deadly stare to Hanna.

But he got ignored because Daniel’s voice was louder. "Sujin noona has a boyfriend?"

Hanna still calmly continued, "Yes, it's my brothe--." Hanna couldn’t finish her words because Dongho has forcefully filled Hanna’s mouth with fries, preventing her to talk more.

But Daniel already understood what she mean. "Your brother? Woah, daebak!"

Dongho then hit Daniel’s back head softly as he said, “Just focus on your eating.”

Minki who observed how emotional Dongho then asked him, "But do you really like Sujin noona? I mean, maybe it's just a crush, not something called love."

Without looking at Minki, Dongho asked back. "What's the difference?!"

"It's different.” Minki told firmly. “Crush is an obsession, love is about commitment. You may think 'Woah, Sujin noona is really pretty and smart, and etc. I really want to be her boyfriend.’ But have you ever think like, 'Even though she looks so independent and tough, there must be the time she felt so weak and needed friend. I will be the one who lend my shoulder to her, and strengthen her.?"

Dongho and Daniel stared at Minki while still thinking.

Minki heaved a sigh. "You guys don't understand? The different point is, in crush, you'll only look at all the positives part of your crush. Your crush is perfect, that's all. That's all you know, and that's all you do, praising her endlessly. But love is different, you'll admit that she has some kind of weakness, but you still love her, and you willingly do anything to be with her or making her happy, not only praising her. So, what have you done for Sujin noona, Kang Dongho?"

Dongho thought for a moment.

"Nothing, right?” Minki concluded fast. “Then that means you don't love her, it's just a crush."

For a moment, Dongho looked like he was thinking, but then he said, "Ah, I don't know. Why should I believe in you? You're not professional in this field anyway. Have you ever in a relationship before?"

Minki pressed his lips, before responding, "Understanding love doesn't always need to be in a relationship, Kang Dongho."

Listened to what Mink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter