six

All Along // Xiuhan and Sesoo

(sorry I didn't update yesterday, it was one of the worst days ever ugh, also if you haven't noticed this is a fanfiction so the people and their personalities will be altered to fit the storyline. For example, Luhan is still older than Sehun, but they are both actually twenty-three in order for them to have gone to schools together. In this story, Luhan will still have contact with his family. This is an au, so not everything is like real life. Enjoy today's chapter.)

"Where are you?" Luhan asked, his voice radiating through Minseok's car speaker. 

"In the car, on the way to work." He replied, trying to focus on driving. It was snowing and Minseok was about driving in the snow.

"What? Why?" Luhan whined. He was sitting in their bed, wanting to get up and eat, but being too lazy and stubborn. So he sat there, hoping Minseok was just in the restroom so he could bring food to the lazy divorced man.

"I have a job to attend. Listen, Lu, it's snowing and I really do not want to get in an accident." Minseok said, reaching forward to end the call on his dashboard. Luhan had bought him one of those new cars for his birthday. Minseok protested, saying that he was fine with an older car, however Lu insisted and Minseok secretly was thankful for that.

"Alright, but what am I supposed to do today?" Luhan said. If he was too lazy to get up to eat, how was he supposed to do anything.

"I don't know, clean? I have to go. I love you, bye." Minseok hung up and left the other with a puzzled expression. 'clean?' Lu said to himself, confused.

     'I guess I could clean.' He thought and pushed himself out of the bed. He found some microwave oatmeal and spent a good three minutes trying to decipher the instructions before calling it a day. Luhan had his parents to make him food and take care of him growing up, then he married Sehun and they struck it rich. Not having to worry about anything, because it was provided for them. Luhan knew how to make his mother's bento lunch box. However that was really all he knew how to make. He didn't even know if Minseok had the ingredients to make it. Wait, Luhan's mother! He would call her and ask her about the oatmeal.

"Hannie?" His mother spoke, answering the phone. 

"Mama! I have a predicament." Luhan stated.

"I saw the news, why didn't you tell me earlier?" His mother let out, frustrated with her son.

"I'm sorry, but I have something more important to talk to you about." 

"What? Are you pregna-"

"No! I'm a man! It's just I'm hungry." Luhan interrupted.

"Are you homeless now? Have you not received your share out of the divorce? Wait did you guys even divorce yet?" His mother worried.

"Mom! Stop it. The divorce is through, we have not split the assets yet if that is what you are asking."

"Where are you? A hotel? Why are you hungry?"

"I'm staying with my...close friend Minseok. He's at work, and frankly I don't know what to eat. I found some microwave oatmeal, but I don't understand how I make it."

"Are you kidding me? You called me to ask about oatmeal? Not to have a conversation with your mother, I am what do the kids say, triggered." His mother said and Lu face palmed.

"Mama! Just tell me how to make the oatmeal and I will call you later to gossip." Luhan bargained.

     His mother told him how to make the oatmeal - surprisingly easy actually. They talked a little about what Luhan should ask for in the settlement meeting and soon enough, his mother had to go to work and Luhan was left alone, again. He watched the clock and played with Lucy for a bit (well at least tried to). That cat hated him. Maybe it was because Luhan questioned whether or not she should go on walks. Either way, Lucy and Luhan were not friends.

     After an hour or so of KUWTK, Minseok came home. Like a little excited puppy, Luhan ran to the door and ushered the elder with kisses and hugs. Human! Another Human!