You watch over me?

You & I | VKook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unedited!

"Didn't you bring lunch?" Jungkook asked the angel as he noticed he wasn't eating when they sat alone in the cafeteria. Hoseok and Yoongi had disappeared, and so they had the whole table to themselves. 

"I forgot," Taehyung lied. He hadn't actually been eating human food since he came to down to Earth - he hadn't really had the chance as he didn't have human money to buy some. Angels didn't have to eat often though, so it wasn't like he was feeling specifically hungry or weak. 

"You haven't eaten all day," the other commented, "here, share mine." 

Taehyung glanced at him surprised. He never would've guessed Jungkook would actually share his lunch with him. "Thanks, but really, I'm fine-" 

"Nonsense," Jungkook interrupted him, "eat." He scooped closer to him and lend him another pair of chopsticks that was always placed on the tables around in the cafeteria, and also placed his lunch between them so the other could also eat. 

"Thank you, Jungkook," Taehyung smiled at him softly, really meaning it. He wasn't going to eat a lot though, since Jungkook needed it more than him, but he literally slowed down to make the transfer eat on purpose. "Just eat," Taehyung said, but Jungkook didn't follow his order and only took a piece when he did so as well. 

"I have to make sure you eat enough," he just replied.

Taehyung felt a strange warmth feeling in his temple area. "Why did you suddenly care whether I eat or not? You always watch me or not?" he joked, but when Jungkook didn't reply, his face turned even warmer. "You watch over me?" he asked surprised. And Taehyun called himself an angel: even he hadn't paid attention to how much Jungkook was eating. 

"I just don't want you to pass out so I actually have to get you to the infirmary," he scuffed as he rolled his eyes, avoiding the elder's eyes, but Taehyung saw right through him. 

"You seem to care for me," Taehyung teased, "you obviously fancy me." 

"I - I do not! Such rubbish words," he denied, but Taehyung's grin didn't disappear. 

"It's okay," he said, "I like you a lot too. You're the first human I've connected with, and I'm glad it's you, Jeon Jungkook." 

Jungkook stared at him amazed, then shyly stared down at his chopsticks in his hands. He wasn't entirely sure what the transfer meant with what he said, but he was glad hearing it. Hearing someone tell him they're glad to get to know him made him indescribably happy. 

"Just eat," Jungkook muttered as he carefully made sure the other ate as well, and when his lunch box was empty, he smiled satisfied as he put it back into his backpack, and the two males headed over towards their lockers. 

"What class is now?" Taehyung asked, not knowing which books to bring out. 

"Don't you got your schedule?" Jungkook asked. 

"It's easier to ask you," he smiled, "plus, I forgot in the cafeteria." 

"Go and get it then, or else it'll be lost." 

"But I got you," he smiled cheekily. 

Jungkook gulped as he avoided his gaze. "Don't depend too much on me now," he said as he rolled his eyes, "I'm not your servant."

"I never saw you as one," he defended himself, "it just gives me a reason to stick with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter