There's no such things as angels

You & I | VKook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you been excited for more updates? I hope you have~ 

Taehyung carefully bent down to pick up his book (and luckily didn’t fall over) and walked to the classroom his subject was holding, and forced himself to knock on the door. The teacher he had heard through the door stopped speaking immediately, only calling out a short “come in!” and so the angel entered. 

“Who are you young man?” the female teacher asked kindly when she realised she didn’t recognise him. 

Before Taehyung answered, he gazed around at the students by their desks, and he quickly noticed something he hadn’t known: all boys school. 

“I - I’m Kim Taehyung. I’m a transfer here,” he introduced himself shortly, bowing, and handing the teacher a sheet the receptionist had told him to give her. 

“Well, welcome Taehyung. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here,” she smiled at him, “you can sit over there.” She pointed at an empty chair and desk beside another student (who was obviously a male), who smiled at him like he had fishhooks in each corner of his mouth. 

“Hello there transfer,” he grinned, “when did you arrive?” 

“Just now,” Taehyung replied bluntly. His seatmate seemed to had think he was joking, although it was literally true for the angel. 

“You’re funny,” he giggled, “I’m Jung Hoseok by the way.” He held out his hand, wanting to shake the other’s. 

Taehyung had forgotten for a short moment that humans shook hands when meeting someone for the first time, so they had a small awkward pause where Hoseok was waiting for him to accept his handshake. 

“Oh, right,” he muttered as he did so, soon forgetting the awkwardness. 

“You know anyone here?” Hoseok asked to keep up their conversation, although they had to whisper to keep it going in class so they wouldn’t be scolded. 

The young angel glanced at the student he saw earlier, whom he was confident was his human. “Uhm, not really,” he said, “but I did meet him in the hallway.” 

He nodded his head in the male’s direction. Hoseok caught on, and he didn’t seem surprised. “Jeon Jungkook? Yeah, he came in literally seconds before you did. Wouldn’t be surprised if he bumped into you - and purposely may I add - and scolded you for being in his way?” 

Taehyung gasped surprised. “How did you know?” he asked. 

“Typically him,” the other sighed, “he’s not exactly the friendliest student around here.” 

Taehyung’s slight smile had dropped. My human isn’t nice? “Too bad,” he said sadly. 

“But hey,” Hoseok smiled, grabbing the attention of the other, “let’s be friends! I’ll show you around, and we can even eat lunch together,” he suggested happily. 

Naturally, as a nice angel, Taehyung accepted the offer, but he had to be quick on learning if Jeon Jungkook was his human, or if it was someone else. And if it was him, then he had to befriend him in order to seem natural to protect him. 

“Who here can read up the next paragraph out loud for the class?” No one volunteered, and so the teacher scanned through the students with her eyes. 

“Please not me.” Taehyung’s head shot up immediately. He glanced at his seatmate to see if he reacted as well, but he hadn’t. 

Did I just hear a prayer? He thought to himself confused. He had never heard one before, and even for an angel, the person praying had to be feeling desperate. 

But Taehyung knew it had to be his human, as it wasn't possible for him to hear anyone else yet, and he recognised the voice to belong to Jeon Jungkook. 

So he's my human after all, he thought to himself. 

“Jeon Jungkook?” the teacher asked, and every student turned their heads to look at him in the very back of the classroom. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter