I'm here

You & I | VKook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook nearly felt like crying. He wanted to argue with Taehyung, ask why the rules were like they were, ask why he had to follow them, ask if he was worth it rebelling for.

But then he thought about it: of course he wasn’t worth it. Taehyung had never showed any signs of liking the human. He was his protector, and that was all. He got to know him, and he learned to understand him, but that was all. Jungkook was alone falling for the other.

“I, er, need a moment,” he whispered, barely audible, “please hyung.”

Taehyung nodded, not even questioning like he did last time, and exited his room and waited outside, although the door was slightly open.

Jungkook picked up a pillow and pressed his face against it, trying his best to block his sobs. He knew Taehyung was unreachable the moment he learned he wasn’t human, and it made him regret finding out in the first place; if he just hadn’t made him fall down from the tree, if he had just ignored seeing him outside his window and pretended it never happened, he wouldn’t know. But then again, Taehyung would continue on his awkward humans encounters and lies. Now Jungkook knew all he had told about himself was a lie, unless it was heaven related. He didn’t have parents who died. He didn’t live with his uncle and aunt. He didn’t even have a home on Earth.

Taehyung could never become something more to Jungkook, and it crushed his heart into pieces.

“Jungkookie?” a voice suddenly asked through the door.

Jungkook got up unwillingly as he sat on the floor with his back against the door, still having his pillow tightly in his grip, careful not to sob out loud. “I’m here,” he reassured,” I’m okay.”

“I - I heard you cry,” the angel asked concerned, “I’m worried. Are you in danger?”

Jungkook had to take a deep breath before replying. “I’m not in danger hyung,” he said, choking back his tears, “I’m right here.”

Jungkook spotted the elder’s hand resting on the floor from the door gap with his palm open. The boy smiled to himself, and then he placed his hand softly in the other’s and intertwined their fingers together.

“I’m here too,” Taehyung said, “I’m here.”

Jungkook let out his tears silently, but feeling the other’s presence, and his comforting soft squeezes from his hand made him feel better than before. He made him feel loved, even though it was love that made him cry to begin with. “Hyung?” he asked randomly.

“Yes?” the other replied.

But Jungkook didn’t speak. He felt as if he would press out a word, he’d only start to sob loudly again. Taehyung seemed to realise so he removed his hand, and this time he came uninvited inside Jungkook’s room again, facing the younger male.

“Don’t ever be afraid to talk to me,” the angel reassured him, “I’m always here for you.”

“That’s just it, hyung,” Jungkook cried, “you won’t. You won’t always be here for me. Someday, I’ll lose you.”

“What makes you think that?” the angel asked as he furrowed his eyebrows at him.

“Or else everyone else would have an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter