the spark

i have questions

     Later that day, Jiyong gave me my school uniform and it was washed. The funny thing is he didn't even give me a ride to school and my phone was out of battery. He did not let me borrow his phone charger. He's been torturing me mentally and physically.
     "Jieun, are you okay?" I looked at her and nodded. I stared outside the window from the club room and wonder if we really did it.
     "Do you have something to say to me? I'll listen." She placed her hand in my shoulder and I replied, "Nothing."
     "You've been staring outside for like an hour now. Is the festival stressing you out?"
     "Seo, if you're chaste and you did the thing adults do, you know the S word. I'm sure you're going to bleed. Right? Like, if you've never done it and then you did it for the first time..." I asked without looking at her. I woke up and didn't see blood on the sheets. Unfortunately,  I can't still collect my thoughts. 
     She laughed before she answered. "Yes. Why do you ask? Are you s.exually frustrated or you've done it?" 
     I glared at her and screamed "No!"
     In this society, if you haven't done it, you're boring, and if you do, you're a wh0re. 
     "Okay, all right. I was just kidding. Okay?" She tapped her hand on my shoulder. 
     "I can't wait to busy ourselves in the festival. My mind's a mess when I am not busy." I sighed. 

 

xxx


     We started decorating the booth and we stopped halfway when we ran out of glue. We have the other girls in the club to buy it for us  but we're too tired to continue. Afterall, we still have a few days before the festival.
     I sat on the bench at the rooftop and lay down on my back. I watch the clouds pass by. My mind was constantly thinking of Haneul but Jiyong was popping out of nowhere. I can't even rest without thinking about him.
     "Bothered much?" 
     From the sound of his voice and his footsteps, I knew it was Jiyong. I don't know when or how, but I know when he's around. Like I memorized this particular detail or I am just simply annoyed by it that I got used to it.
     "Did we really do it?" I asked as I sit back. He wasn't saying anything. He was just smiling like he always do. 
He sat beside me and put his arms around me. I can smell his cologne. His jaw was so sharp, his hair is a bit dry I think he dyed it a few times. Who knows?
"Shall we do it... again?"
     I got goosebumps from what he just said. It was seductive and raw and what shocks me is that I like it. The sound of his voice. The rawness and raspiness.
     "Let's do it." I smirked and I acted like I was going to undress in front of him. I looked to him and started unbutt0ning the top of his shirt and I saw his adam's apple go up and down like he's nervous.
     "You're lying!" I protested.
     He removed my hands on his shirt as he cleared his throat. "Okay, we didn't. Really, we didn't. You were drunk and you were not responsive. I slapped you a few times, in the cheek, slightly, but you were dead. Not dead dead. You were unconscious for a minute and then you woke up and puke on the floor. It was so embarassing! It was the opening celebration of Seungri's soon-to-be-owned club and you messed it up. You puked a little on your skirt."
     I sense nervousness in his voice after teasing him. "So why am I not wearing anything?"
     "You had your shirt on!"
     "I mean underwear and pants whatsoever!"
     "I called my maid to take care of you. God, why does it matter if you've done it with me? I don't have a disease whatsoever."
     "I just want him to be the first. Firsts are special, you know?"
     "Oh, right. He's your best friend's boy friend AND also your boy friend."
     I hit him in the shoulder and he bend in because of pain. "You're cruel. AND stop calling him that. It sounds... awful."

 

     We were leaving the school building when I saw Seohyun waving at me. She's so pretty. Her hair is so shiny and black, she doesn't have any imperfections on her face and she is really kind. She has the smile I don't ever want to see. It was pure innocence. It was so pure I can feel my heart breaking. Not only that, beside her is Haneul. He showered and looks really clean. His eyes didn't meet mine.
     "Hey." I said when we got to them.
     "Hey," She waved at us. "Do you want to go with us? Grab some Chinese food?"
I was going to say no when Jiyong chimed in and said yes. I don't have a choice. I am still his slave.

 

     We sat on the table just beside the glass wall. No one was saying anything. It was so quiet like we don't know how to start a conversation.
     "You look good with each other." Seohyun blushed.
     Both Jiyong and I made a face. We were so gross out by that thought.
     After that, the silence once again filled the room. The only sound you hear is the slurping sound of people who are eating noodles. Seohyun excused herself to go to the bathroom. I adjusted my legs and I accidentally kicked Haneul's legs. He was sitting across me. But he was not looking at me. He was not the boy I kissed on the mall. The boy who wanted to make art. He was not my MVP. He wasn't himself. 
     I watch him very closely to see if he's in trouble or something. But it was blank. Everything about him looked flat. I looked around to see if Seohyun was around and when I noticed she's not, I kicked Haneul's leg slightly. He jolted but it was unnoticeable. He did not say a word after that.
     Seohyun's back and the food arrived. Halfway through, the waiter filled our glasses of water and offered us fortune cookies.
     We broke the cookie apart and read our fortune.
     "You have a bright smile." Seohyun grimaced like she was dissatisfied with it. "What's yours?" She looked over at Haneul's cookie and read it aloud. "Something you lost will soon turn up." 
     "What's yours, Jieun?" Seohyun waited in her seat, looking so eager.
     "The one you love is closer than you think." I read and then I look up at Haneul. He was not looking at me. "What's yours, Jiyong?"
     "This is my fortune. I don't plan on sharing it." He said and we all roll our eyes.

 

xxx


     Haneul and Seohyun bid good bye. Haneul said he was sick and Seohyun said she'll take him home. He didn't say a word when we were eating. Maybe he's just sick or I am overthinking things. 
We bought banana milk and went to a place where you can see everything. The city lights, the busy streets, the skyscrapers, everything. It's like you can see the world and it's beautiful. 
     "This is my place." Jiyong smiled. "Not really my property but I go here if I wanted to breathe."
     I smiled back at him, still staring at the beautiful view. "You're a good person." 
     He choked on his drink when I said that. "I know you have questions. What is it that you want to ask me?"
     I breathed. "Why did you hurt that student? I don't know him but it really isn't you."
     "Don't laugh when I say the real reason."
     "I won't." I assured.
     "I heard him saying things about you. He said you're beautiful."
     I didn't respond. I let him talk.
     "I don't want anybody talking about you. You're my property. You're mine."
     I got shocked when he said that. It was cheesy to the point that it makes me cringe. But I admit, I felt a spark of romance. 
     "I'm not yours." I replied while playing with my hand. 
     "I'm saying this because YOU are working for me."
     "I'm working for you now?"
     "Yeah."

The rest of the night was fun. There was no kissing, hugging, or anything. There was just me and him talking about random things. And it felt good. It felt right.


sorry for the late update

im not abandoning this story kkk~

im so sad i can't even use some words

when i publish it the word is gone n i have to replace it :-(

sorry if i use zero (0) instead of O. aff is removing it SMH