the best friend's POV

i have questions

Seohyun’s POV

 

     I don’t really skip school but everything was sickening. I needed to take a break. I was walking down the hallway when Jieun came to me. She looked like hell. And so am I.

     “I really need to talk to you, please. Let me explain.” She said with tears in her eyes. Her eyes were dark and she looked pale.

     “Okay.” I replied.

 

     We walked side by side in silence. We never fight. I mean, yes, we do, but it was all about simple things. No big deal. But this time, it’s different. It really hurt me.

     We went to the club room after I hesitated to go to the rooftop.  She locked the door and looked around, making sure no one’s inside. Her dark eyes met mine and her pink lips turned to blue. She started speaking. “I wanted to tell you… about me… and Haneul…”

     I didn’t respond. I let her speak.

     “I didn’t mean to hurt you, Seohyun. He was all I have….” She took a step towards me and I stepped back.

     “Him? You have me, for God’s sake! I don’t really know what happened to you. You’ve changed. And then you fooled me for a long time. And I think it’s enough for me to hate you.”

    

     It was the day before the school’s festival. We all bid good bye but Jieun said she’ll leave after she fetch her purse in her locker. I climbed in the taxi but I decided to watch Haneul’s game practice. Why? Nothing.  I just wanted to watch him practice and admire him from afar.

     I ran back to the school after I came home and changed, and then I saw Haneul entering the school’s building. He was sweating. I ran after him and I saw him climbed up the stairs. He didn’t notice me so I decided to run after him and surprise him. And then after a series of steps, he entered the rooftop and shut the door closed. I was about to open the door but he started speaking, and I heard everything. They’re in a relationship. Haneul is in a relationship with my freaking best friend and what hurts the most is that Jieun’s hiding it from me. She’s my best friend. Well, was.

      And I stood there, trying to absorb everything and in just a snap my heart shattered to pieces. My boyfriend is cheating on me with my long-time best friend. And then I heard the doorknob click, and I quickly ran down the stairs, my heart beating fast and my eyes warm. I ran and ran trying my best not to fall and then there it is, the last step, but then he called my name.

     “Seohyun!” He shouted as tears swam in my eyes.

      I stopped running. I breathed when a warm hand touched my arm. He turned me around and then I saw his worried face. The face of a cheater.  I didn’t respond; there was a long pause. We were just gazing at each other’s eyes, skin to skin, and all we can hear was the sound of our breathing and the hearts breaking.

     

      “I don’t want to hear anything from you. I don’t even know if I should believe you. You were my best friend but this? This is unacceptable and wrong in so many ways. I hate you, Jieun.” I said as I try my best not to sound weak.

      “Are you just going to forget everything we’ve been through? We’re best friends since forever!” She yelled and then she knelt on the floor. She looked pitiful. Her hands reached out to me, “What can I do to make it up to you? I’m really sorry, I can’t lose you now… I can’t lose everything in a snap!” Tears flooded her eyes and I failed at holding back mine.

     “Get away from me and I don't ever want to see you again in my life.”

     “Seohyun, I love you, please…”

      I removed her hands from holding my hand. I was fired up with anger and disappointment and all I could say was “Get lost, loser."

And I stormed off the room like I always do and cry my eyes out until they’re sore.



this is so short n sorry for the late update!

i was so busy bc of school mianhe~~

ill make it up to u in the next chapter

ily all