the ending and the start of something new

i have questions

     I woke up in my room the next day. I looked around and saw a familiar figure talking to Jiyong at the doorway. I passed out last night probably because I was so drunk. But I still remember Jiyong bringing me to the hospital when my open cuts started bleeding.

     Jiyong disappeared and a girl started walking towards me. “How are you feeling?” she asked.

     I stared at her. She looked worn out. A lot of worries show on her face. “Seo…”

     And then she knelt before me and touched my hand, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know how bad it was. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for being such a bad best friend. I am sorry for not giving you a chance to explain. But, it’s all in the past now and I don’t care about it anymore. Sorry for being such a cold-hearted person. You suffered enough and I don’t want you to suffer more. I am so so sorry.”

     Tears welled up on my eyes. I can’t believe Seohyun is apologizing to me when I should be the one doing it.

     With teary eyes, I started speaking. “I’m sorry for everything. And thank you for not giving up on me.”

     I know we stopped talking but the look on her face shows that she has been worrying about me. Everything in the background fades and all I can hear is the sound of our sobs and the crash of the walls she built up around her as they collapse on the ground.

     She wiped her tears and wiped the tears on my cheeks. “Stop crying, crybaby! Someone’s waiting for you.”

 

xxx

 

     Seohyun helped me prepare so I look presentable.

     Breathe in.

     Breathe out.

     I stopped when I reached the doorway and looked back at her. Her face was pale but still beautiful. She also lost some weight and her collarbone shows. “I’m nervous. I’m scared.”

     “What are you so scared about?” she asked as she sat on the bed.

     “Scared of loving again? Scared of hurting myself for the same reason?” I replied as she smiled back at me.

     “Come here.” She tapped the bed beside her telling me to sit. “You were hurt because you loved the wrong person. I’m not angry, don’t worry. He’s just a guy and you’re my bestfriend since forever. Of course, I won’t exchange you for anything.” She paused. “You are scared because you might get hurt again but what you’re doing will hurt you more. Pushing Jiyong away will hurt you. If he gives up, and find someone new, don’t you think it’ll hurt you more? And, you will feel this regret. It’ll hunt you every single day.”

     I looked at her and her eyes were like Snow White’s mirror. They don’t lie.

     “So, go on and take the risk. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be loved.”

     I didn’t speak and I let myself cry. The guilt of backstabbing my best friend is still in my heart but I trust her words more than anything. I have nothing to lose anyway. I am going to risk it all.

     “Thank you, Seohyun. Thank you.”

 

 

     I went downstairs immediately and saw Jiyong sitting on the sofa with his hands on his forehead. I sat beside him and I kissed him as soon as he lifted his face to see me. And he kissed me back.

     “I love you.” I whispered when we part our lips.

     He smiled and he replied, “I love you too.”

 

     I am still unsure if I really, really deserve this happiness and if I deserve this amazing man. He made me feel a lot of things and most of it was happiness. It felt wrong but it also felt right. And as cliché as it sounds, this is definitely a start of something new and I’m just gonna go with the flow.

 

 

the end.

 

 


thank you for reading the story

and im really sorry for not updating

my computer wasnt working

*i * please forgive me ;;

-sawakoshawol

<3