the secret

i have questions

     "Can't we just tell Seohyun the truth?" I asked Haneul. 
     He cupped my cheek and looked me in the eyes. "You know her. It might break her heart and you know what might happen."
     I sighed. I guess I have to put up with our situation again. "I understand but, the sooner, the better. What if someone found out about us and start spreading rumors? You know I can't lose my reputation." 
     "Don't worry too much. I'm just waiting for the right moment." He breathed. 
     "And Seohyun's my best friend. Do you know how much guilt I feel when I'm with her and how much my heart hurts when I see her on your side instead of me?"
     "Shh, just wait a little bit. I love you, okay?" He kissed my lips passionately.
     "I love you too." I said as we part our lips. 

     The bell rang and we bid good bye. It's the first day of school and we are currently on our sophomore year. I went upstairs and sat in my seat. Everyone's busy talking about their summer vacation. I don't really care about those things. I only care about Haneul. And how will we spill our secret to Seohyun, his 'real' girlfriend.

     "Hello, Ji-eun!" Seohyun walked up to me and sat on my desk. She has this smile, it's so pure that guilt is rushing through my body. 
     "How was your vacation?" She asked, smiling at me. How could she do this to me? I feel weak and annoyed.
     "O-oh.. It's okay. I stayed up in the house... nothing's really special."
     "Poor Jieun-ah... You should really find a boy friend soon. Say, if you find one, should we do a double date? I've seen that in dramas and I think that's really fun! What do you think?"
     "I don't really have the time to date someone, you know?" I laughed.
     "You have all the time in the world and boys are lining up to date you. Whats wrong? Do you have someone that you like? Come on, what are friends for?" She poked my arms, trying to act all cute. 
     "I do. And I don't think you'll meet him anytime soon." I smiled. Plastic. Traitor. 
     The teacher came in and we sat in out proper seating arrangement.

     

     Seohyun is my best friend since we were like, twelve. I do everything with her. She's basically my sister. And now, my rival. But the thing is, I am the only one who knows she's my rival. 
     We went to the cafeteria to grab our lunch. The students has their own groups. The popular ones are in the back of the cafeteria. They're basically the 'bad boys and bad girls' type of people. No one wants to mess with them. Trust me. They are bullies. Next to them are the 'It girls'. The group where we, Seohyun and I, belong. We can mess with the bad guys. In the front, are the nerds, next to them are the emo and scene kids, then the regular students, the losers and before us are the football players where Haneul belongs. 
     I sat with the girls. They are Taeyeon, Tiffany, the twins-- Jessica and Krystal. 
"Big news! Big news!" That is Krystal's cue when she has a 'juicy' gossip. 
"Tiffany kissed Phillip!" She exclaimed. 
"Tiffany, what the actual ?" Jessica said as if she wants to puke.
"You know that Philip is that one kid who hits on every girl but gets rejected everytime. Are you out of your mind?" Taeyeon joined the conversation. Every members in our group know how gay Taeyeon is to Tiffany but I guess she doesn't want to come out...yet. 
"He's actually hot and cute!" Tiffany said with heart in her eyes. 
"You've gone insane. Tiffany wake up!" Taeyeon slapped Tiffany slightly in the cheek, earning her a glaring b*tch.
"At least I don't change the lyrics to some curse words just to show off. Yeah I know you have a great voice and great face but cursing is really unnecessary." Tiffany fired back.
     They kept talking but I only see one person. In front of me is Seohyun kissing and hugging Haneul. That should be me. 
"Earth to Jieun. Wake up." I did not notice Jessica waving her hand in front of my face. 
"I'm sorry. Yeah, Fany's a bit pathetic for making out with Philip." 
"Hmm, Jieun? That's not the topic right now. We moved on. You sure you're okay?" Taeyeon asked me with a knot on her forehead. Taeyeon is popular for her looks and talent but as I've mentioned earlier, she's gay for Tiffany. 
"Sorry guys, something came up. I'll see you later?" I then excused myself. 

     Why am I like this? I always see them being sweet and all but it still hurts.

     I went to the rooftop. On the left side there are broken chairs and there is a bench on the right side. The weather is nice. It's neither cold nor hot. The smell of the peppermint leaves sorrounds me. 
     I got shocked when the door flew open. It's Haneul.
"What are you doing here? Is she with you?" I asked, worried. 
"No, she's not. I went here real quick because you don't seem okay." He replied as he sat beside me.
I took a breath before I answer. "I'm okay. I know you're working on confessing to her, right?"
"Again? Can we not talk about her just for a moment?" He breathed. He grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. His eyes are captivating, his skin is as white as snow and the uniform fits his perfectly build body. Every girl could ask for. He cupped my cheeks and kissed me. And I kissed him back. This is what I was longing for. 
     The rooftop became our place when I found out about it. Only us go here because there is a rumor that this place is haunted. I love this place because I know we're safe here. No one will barge in. No one will know about our secret. This is OUR place. And in this place, he is mine. Mine alone.