Ninano Eng Rap Version (Possibility One)

The Odds of Us

Minzy was completely drained from all the excitment the night before. Forcing herself out of bed, she was grateful to find her clothing neatly folded on the bathroom sink. After taking a cold shower, she made her way down the stairs to see both Mister and Momma. They both held big bright smiles, that she struggled to return. "Good morning dear," Momma smiled brightly as she extended her arms out to her. 

"Good morning," Minzy mumbled as she embraced Momma. Pulling away she glanced over to Mister, "Do you mind if we stop by grandmother's grave before we head out?"

"Sure thing," Mister nodded.

Sighing she turned back to Momma and gazed lovingly at her. Taking the older woman's hands in hers she grinned, "Thank you for everything. You have been the best Momma I've ever known."

"Thank you baby," Momma said as she embraced Minzy once again. "Come and visit whenever you like."

After bidding farewell, Minzy and Mister took off to the grave. Sighing in disappointment of no sign of Mino, she brushed off the thought and looked forward to seeing her grandmother's grave. Upon arrival, she smiled to see more flowers placed onto her grandmother's grave. "Wow you have so many people that love you." Smiling to herself she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, "I hope you understand, my pride can't take anymore. It just seems like every time I follow my heart I just keep getting hurt. So without making anymore excuses I'm going to say see you later." Placing a hand onto her chest she sighed, "I'll see you when I get the courage to see you again." Those last words were meant for both grandmother and the one she dared not say his name for the fear of breaking down. Turning, she made her leave to the train station with Mister. 

Taking a seat on a nearby bench, the pair took out their breakfast to eat, "This looks great!"

"What can you say, my wife is the best cook," Mister added as they began to eat. 

"Thanks again for everything, I mean you don't have to wait with me if you don't want to. I know you're a busy man..."

"That's what family is for," Mister stopped her. "Are you sure you have to leave?"

Minzy bit her lower lip and nodded, "It's the only thing that makes sense to me right now." 

"Does it feel right?"

Dropping her head she knew the answer instantly, "No..." Inhaling deeply she rose her head to gaze over at Mister, "But everything seems to fall apart when I act on my feelings."

"But you did everything you possibly could right?"

Minzy thought about it and nodded to herself, "Yeah I guess so, everything is out in the open." 

Mister wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave her a squeeze, "Then be at peace that you've said everything you needed to say. God will take care of the rest." 

Minzy leaned onto Mister's shoulder and smiled to herself, "I'm counting on it." As the train pulled up, the two stood up and hugged, "Thank you for helping me find peace."

"Please don't be a stranger, come and visit when you can and Momma also put our numbers in your packed lunch. We want to hear from you when you reach your destination," he instructed. 

"I will," she waved before boarding the train. Finding a seat by the window, she smiled brightly at Mister who stayed by the train waiting until she took off. Sighing as she leaned her head onto the cool glass, she closed her eyes and cleared her mind. Taking comfort in Mister's words, she listened to the quiet movement of the train take her away. 

Slowly opening her eyes as the train conductor announced that they had arrived at their last stop, she realized she was leaning onto someone's shoulder. Humiliated as she peeked her eyes open to see she was holding the stranger's hand. She tried to play out the different scenarios in her mind as to how to explain herself, but each one didn't sound so great.

"We should probably get off the train," a familiar voice echoed in her mind. 

Snapping up, she looked to see that the stranger was none other than Mino in the flesh. Speechless at his presence, she mindlessly let him lead her off the train. Finally coming to, she ripped her hand from his grasp, "What are you doing here?" She noticed that he was still dressed in his suit from the night before. 

"I wanted to take a friend home," he simply said.

"I don't want your friendship," she spat as she crossed her arms. 

"Then what is it that you want," he asked curiously staring at her.

"I..." she couldn't think of what to say as she glanced over at her packed lunch from Momma. "I...I want what's in your hands."

He eyed her suspiciously, "Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yeah, I want what's in your hands," she rolled her eyes as she extended a hand out to him. Looking away, wanting nothing more than to escape she was surprised as she felt something other than a bag placed into her palm. Glancing in her hand, she was in awe by a beautifully carved wooden heart with her name on it. "What is this," she turned her gaze to Mino who stood smiling. 

"There once was this beautiful young city girl that took a chance on a country boy. They instantly became friends and without knowing had been friends when they were younger. In the short weekend of meeting, their friendship had literally blossomed over night." Taking steps closer to her he grinned, "You see, little did this young woman know. She had come into this young man's life and turned it upside down. He didn't know what to make of her, she wasn't like any girl he had ever met." Placing the lunch bag on the ground before them, he took her free hand in his, "She made him face his fears and doubts head on and in turn making him into a better man. But you see this young man only became a better man not a smarter man." This comment made Minzy giggle as she intertwined her hand with his. "It wasn't until the young woman threatened to walk out of his life just as quickly as she came, that he realized something." Taking the hand with the wooden carved heart in it, he led it up to his chest. "He realized he would be losing out on the best thing to happen to his life." Minzy stood staring at the wooden heart placed on his chest with her name on it. The cheesy notion made her grin as she tried to hold back the tears that threatened to spill. "The young man saw how the dates didn't go according to plan..."

"Dates," she eyed him curiously as to what he meant by that. 

"Yeah they were failed attempts," he huffed. "I thought that a picnic on the roof or going to the wedding as my date would warm you up to me..."

"But you kept telling everyone that we were just friends," she said with air quotation marks sarcastically.

"We never really had a moment to discuss whether or not we were dating. Plus I didn't want to get embarassed if I said we were and then you turn around and say other wise," Mino spoke in defense of his actions. 

Minzy pursed her lips and thought of it from his point of view, "Well..."

"Well..." Mino tried to compose himself from getting side tracked. "Minzy I thought about what you told me last night..."

"It's okay, you don't have to do all this to apologize. It's me who should apologize for putting you in this situation. I promise there are no hard feelings," Minzy rambled not wanting to be embarassed any further. "Thanks for escorting me home like an amazing country boy that you are."

"That is not why I'm here," Mino suddenly growled. Taking a deep breath, he looked her dead in the eyes, "Even though the dates the young man attempted failed miserably. He knew the only way to get through to this young woman was if he followed her. Followed her to tell her exactly what he thought. But before he could tell her, he of course went to seek her grandmother's blessing."

"Blessing for what," Minzy thought back to the flowers she saw this morning on her grandmother's grave.

Mino placed his index finger onto her lips to silence her, "I thought it only right to first talk to your grandmother and my parents before coming to you." Suddenly he descended down on bended knee and smiled up at her, "I don't want to be like every other guy in your life. I want to be the only guy for you." Taking the wooden heart in his hands, he opened it to reveal a diamond ring, "Minzy will you please be my everything because without you I am nothing?"

Minzy was awestruck as the tears came pouring down, trembling at the turn of events, she gazed into his eyes. The depths of his pleading eyes resolved all doubt as she nodded, "Yes! Yes I will."

Mino excitedly jumped to his feet and scooped her up in his arms. Embracing her tightly, he spun them around in celebration, "Yes!" Minzy laughed as she held on tightly. Light headed, Minzy sighed as she was placed back down on the ground and watched as Mino placed the ring onto her finger. "My mom knew your ring size." The pair laughed as Minzy thought back to all the random measurements Momma took.

"What would we do without her," Minzy smiled gratefully as she stared at her glistening ring. 

"I have no idea," Mino answered as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against him. "But you can thank her at our engagement party she's preparing right now."

Minzy scoffed as she teasingly hit his chest, "You mean she knew I would say yes?"

He shrugged as he leaned his forehead against hers, "Did you actually think she would let you leave so easily? And I know that I'm just too hard to resist."

Minzy scrunched her nose up at him as she stared into his eyes, "The city boy look doesn't suit you."

"I know what does," he challenged her. 

"What," she grinned up at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. 

Mino descended down and captured her lips against his very own. Kissing her roughly with so much driven passion and love, their lips worked in harmony. It was nothing short of magical as he whispered right against her lips, "I love you." 

Mino's words shook her deep to the core, making her tremble in his embrace. Hearing him whisper it a few more times as they kissed so deeply, it brought courage to her heart. It was as if he was enchanting her heart with a spell that she so willingly was falling for. The tears of joy streamed down her face as she gave him a lingering peck before leaning onto his chest. Quietly listening to his heart beat, she was mesmerized by it. Inhaling deeply she closed her eyes as she engraved this moment into her mind. The wise words of her grandmother ran across her mind as she felt Mino's warm embrace. Placing a hand onto his chest, it all made sense to her now. Though she couldn't physically see his heart beating for her, she could feel it.