Chapter 7

Criminal Minds

Taehyung stared down at all the variety of engagement rings but no of them screamed out to him to be the perfect ring for his Kookie, Jin was searching as well but he too came up empty. They had searched about five jewelers which sold engagement rings but each shop came up blank, Taehyung was slowly started to believe that he would never find the perfect ring and propose to his Kookie but Jin refused to let him give up hope yet.

"How about we have some lunch then we can start looking again, I am positive that there will be a ring perfect for Jungkookie" Jin suggested.

"Okay hyung" Tae sighed before followed his older brother towards the closets restaurant which sold western type foods, the Kim brothers both ordered two burgers and strawberry and vanilla milkshakes, the brothers ate their food in silence, Taehyung was still half sulking over the fact he had still yet to find the perfect engagement ring for his boyfriend which would reflect who Jungkook was like Jin's did. 

Taehyung soon felt the urge to just the facilities, so he left his brother to pay for the bill whilst he went. Taehyung had been gone for about 5 minutes before someone approached Jin, the princess was about to flash his engagement ring at the man to make him back off when he noticed it was Detective Haruka Shimizu.

"Detective, is there something you wanted" Jin asked the detective.

"Yes, I was hoping to speak with you properly without being interrupted by Mr Kim this time" The detective replied.

"You say that Namjoonie has nothing to do with this gang that you speak of but yet you will not allow him to have his own input to why he sent that money plus it could have been anyone who worked for Namjoon not partially him after all many higher ups have access to the accounts, they could have sent the money from Joonie's computer to make it look like it was him" Jin explained.

"That it a theory but I find it unlikely, please I just need five minutes of your time to listen to all the information I have before you make your decision" The detective said.

"I do not have the time" Jin answered.

"Please Seokjin" the detective shouted, he reached forward grabbing a hold of Jin's arms tightly, there was a desperate look in his eyes.

"Let go of my brother" Taehyung shouted as he returned, he pushed the detective backwards before taking a stance in between them to protect his brother.

"Taehyung, let's go" Jin spoke whilst he grabbed his brothers hand and pulled him out of the restaurant and toward the next jewelers on their list.

Taehyung kept glancing back at the door expecting that man to come racing in after his brother, Jin had seem to brush the incident away without another thought but Taehyung was wondering whether he should report the incident to his boss after all Namjoon was going to be his brother-in-law when his brother and his boss got married.

Shooting another glance to Jin then the door to make sure he did not see the man, Taehyung took his burner phone out his pocket and opened Namjoon's contact before clicking on text.

Tae: Boss, some man came up to Jin whilst I was in the bathroom, when I returned he had grabbed a hold of his arms and were gripping them tightly, I was not sure what they were talking about but I did hear something about this man need to show Jin something before making his decision. This does have seemed to bother Jin but I am worried that the man will come after Jin again.

BossJoon: Thank you for letting me know Tae, the man you probably saw was the detective who is trying to take down our gang, it seems that he does not suspect Jin being involved, he will probably not try anything now but keep your guard up.

Tae: Okay, will do, I will not let anything happen to my big brother.

BossJoon: I know you will not Taehyung.

"TaeTae, I think I have found it" Jin squealed as Taehyung pocketed his phone and made his way over towards his brother.

"Which one?" Taehyung questioned as he looked down at the many engagement rings.

"That one" Jin said pointing at 14ct White Gold 3/4 Carat Two Stone Diamond Ring, it had two large diamond stones in the centre of the ring diagonal from each other whilst the sides were littler with much smaller diamonds.

"It is perfect" Taehyung muttered before calling the sales assistant over then purchasing the ring.

"Okay, now the ring is sorted, we need to plan how you are going to propose" Jin said pulling his brother out the store, Taehyung quickly surveyed their surroundings but there was no sign of the detective.

Jin dragged Taehyung towards the nearest café to plan the proposal since they could not go back to Bangtan Boys headquarters due to it being to much of a risk for Jungkook to accidentally overhear what they were planning.

"Have you had any thought on how you want to propose" Jin asked as he put their drinks down on the table.

"Well, originally I was going to do something like how Namjoon proposed to you but when I was thinking of this it was before Namjoon's proposal and I do not want to do something similar, I want it to be special but we have no romantic places like you and Namjoon do or Jimin and Yoongi" Taehyung said.

"Well there has to be somewhere which is a special place for both of you" Jin stated.

"Well there is but it's not really romantic, I mean we enjoy playing videos together and go to the local laser quest but I can hardly propose there" Taehyung said sighing.

"Of course you can, you and Jungkook are not the romantic type of couple like Jimin and Yoongi or Joonie and I are but it is still a special place to the pair of you and if you ask Jungkook he would rather want to be proposed to at somewhere which is special to you then somewhere which has no special connect at all" Jin explained.

"You think" Taehyung said.

"Yes, you and Jungkook could have a game then you propose, he would not expect it" Jin replied.

"Okay, I will do it"

"When?" Jin asked.

"Tomorrow" Taehyung replied. 


Kookie's engagement ring