CH 5

One lucky fan!

My phone rang, causes some people to turn their face to look at me. I bowed back to them in apology. “Hello?” I asked the other side of the line. This is some unfamiliar number so I can’t tell who the person that called me was. “Where are you?” A deep familiar and husky voice was heard from the other side of the line. It was him. Or also known as my V.

“I’m in the bus right now. The traffic is slightly heavy at this time. Where are you?” I replied, at the same time curious about him. He didn’t replied but just ended the call. He must be busy I guess. Just another two stop to the airport. My heart had been racing since yesterday, I cannot even close my eyes shut to sleep as I was so excited to go to Bahamas. I always wanted to go to the Caribbean.

Arriving at the airport, I head straight to the luggage check in counter before heading to the gate. Unable to keep my smile to myself, I ended up walking to the waiting gate smiling to everyone. “This way Hiseol-shi.” The manager of BTS greet me and escorted me to see the BTS member. The waiting area is more exclusive with high end decoration and interior. The waiting lounge for the first class passenger. I saw Taehyung was sitting alone while playing with his phone. He looks happy, I can tell from the traces of smile on his face when he look at his phone.

“Hey, how are you?” I said, trying to sound as friendly as I can. He lift up his face, the glow that I saw earlier disappeared as soon as he saw me. “Hey.” He replied it short. I chuckled lowly to his awkwardness. Then, the manager came, giving some brief explanation about this trip. The rest of the BTS will come to the Bahamas on the second night. Therefore, the firstday should be a day of photo-shoot for only the both of us. I sat on a seat that was one seat away from V. He must felt really awkward. “Have you eaten anything yet?” I asked as I putting down my backpack to the empty seat beside me. “No, I rushed over from a shooting location right away.” He pull a straight smile, still looking down at his phone. So, maybe we were back to the awkward square between us.

“That’s alright. I brought you some kimbap and chicken sandwiches.” I took out a small lunchbox. I gave another lunchbox to the manager. “You don’t need to do this much. But, thank you.” He chuckled, so awkwardly. “It is okay.” Replied, and we became silent again. Let’s just wait until we are able to board the plane.

“Kang Hiseol?” A man came up to me, squatting in front of me with a really friendly face. “Y-yes? Do I know you?” I asked that man back, observing his face closer. He looks familiar but nothing clicked in my mind. He laughed out loud, signalling all of his friends to come over to my waiting place. I glance at V, he was just being inattentive about this man bothering me. “Yah, this is the Kang Hiseol that I told you about back in school.” He said, and all of his friends laughed looking at me. “Do I know you guys too?” I asked in puzzled. I hope, their presence here did not causes V discomfort.

“Hey, I’m Cho Junghyun. The one that you proposed in Valentine’s Day back in high school.” He said, causes the laughter from his friend came out much louder than earlier. “Ah, nice to meet you again.” I said. Standing straight and bowed to them lightly. “You’ve changed so much.” Another male said, and the replied by the other “She cleared up her skin and take out her braces. She looks fine.” I nodded in agreement. I used to be not as presentable as I am today, I cannot help but to agree on his remark about me. 

“Did you have a boyfriend?” Junghyun asked, boldly. His friends cheered and laughed at his action. I glance at V for a bit and he was actually observing me and this group of guy. “He’s my boyfriend.” I point at V, that causes V to suddenly stand up and came closer to me. “What’s wrong bro?” V asked, exchanged some manly handshake with Junghyun and his gang. Junghyun shook his head. “Call me, Kang Hiseol.” He said, reaching out his hand and ruffles my hair. That Cho Junghyun, he used to insult me back in the past and publicly humiliated me when he announce at the whole school someone as ugly as I am wanted to be his girlfriend. His action causes the death of my high school life. He bowed lightly before walking away with his gang. I get back to the seat, I rub my hair a few times, and comb it with my finger. I hate it when he ruffles my hair.

“Hey, you hair is okay now.” V said, now sitting right beside me. I pull a straight smile, but with my hands still correcting and combing my hair. My hands movement halted when V actually pull my hands away from my head. I stare back at him for a short moment before pulling my hands away from his grip. “It’s okay now.” He smiled at me, this time, I could see the shine in his eyes. He was sincerely smiling at me. “You got a really beautiful smile.” I complimented him and smile back at him.

“Is that it? Just a beautiful smile?” He jokes, nudging my elbow. I rolled my eyes at him, causes him to laugh at my reaction. “Beautiful eyes?” I raised an eyebrow, in a question manner. “Is that it?” He jokes again. Nudging my elbow again. I shook my head and chuckled “Beautiful heart?” I made a questioning face and this time he raised an eyebrow at me. “I took it as a compliment then. Beautiful heart.” He said it slowly in a low key tone but my ears still could heard it.

After putting our bags and luggage in the hotel room, I came down to the café for a lunch with V and his manager. As expected, it was only me and the manager having lunch together. “What should we do after this?” I asked the manager but he just replied it with a shrug. “You should go jet skiing with V. He was already at the beach right now. Get some excitement in Bahamas before we start working.” He continued speaking. I nodded. Maybe I should get some sun bath or a relaxing walk down the beach.