CH 11

One lucky fan!

"What? Are you kidding me?" I almost let out a scream when one of my staff bring out the news about our company was a partner in sponsorship of BTS's concert in Hong Kong. I sighed, and cross my arm looking at the marketing staff. "Why should I be the one who meets BTS? You should've told me earlier." I stated in frustration and look at my staff who was getting anxious about my replies. At this point, Kim Taehyung might really think that I've been stalking him. 

"I won't meet them. I'll send the secretary to pass the company's gift to them." I smiled at my staff before continuing to do my job. Why does it feel like my life is haunted by BTS? I ran out of Korea to avoid them but today I still needed to see them. After a few minutes, the higher up called me informing me that I should be meeting with the BTS as a representative of our finance department. Luckily, I won't be going to see them alone. I needed to bring along my secretary and one of my executive leaders will be there as the head of the company. 

A few hours later outside of the stadium where the concert will be held, I sat in the car waiting for the company executive leader to arrive. A black sedan pulled out in the parking lot, it was the signal for me to greet the boss. "Good evening sir. Shall we go?" I asked as soon as I opened the door of the black luxurious sedan. He nodded his head and smile. "I'm glad you're here Miss Hiseol." He said and stride forward to the door of the venue where our secretaries were already been waiting for us. 

As I walked to the elevator escorted by the secretary and some of the concert staff, I saw the reflection of me and my boss in the mirror. We kind of give of some dangerously important people vibes. I scratched my nape a few moments. I have been avoiding to hear about BTS and meeting them was never on my list since the day I decided to say goodbye to BTS. "It's okay Miss Hiseol. If you are too nervous, I'll do all the talking." My boss smiled as he patted my shoulder. Probably he could sense my nervousness.

"Put on some lipstick, you look pale." He said as both of our already sitting in one private room with a big table and chairs. I nodded my head and put on some lipstick on my lips. My hands were trembling while putting on my lipstick. I was nervous and I was scared. I did not know what kind of feeling I am having right now but I was a mess. "Uh-oh, you've stained your teeth." My boss lean forward and pointed at my teeth. I nodded my head like a parrot and took out a tissue to wipe the stain. 

"Hello, we are BTS!" The loud cheers that suddenly erupted in the room cause me and my boss to flinch a little. I kept my lipstick in my handbag and keep my gaze forward. "How long have been here? I'm sorry that I did not notice you guys came into the room." My boss stood up from his chair and shake his hand with all of the BTS members while I stood behind my boss with the most straight face I can make. All of them introduced their name to my boss. 

"So, how was Hong Kong?" My boss asked with his friendly gesture. The boys smiled and replied that it was good simultaneously. They were standing straight while making a friendly face for my boss. I did not even look at them as I tried to hide behind my boss. "By the way, I am Lu Xiao Yan the chief executive officer of the main company that collaborated in the sponsorship of your concert. This is Miss Hiseol Kang she is my head of finance." 

"Greet them Miss Hiseol." My boss stated and just nodded my head as understanding. "Nice to meet you, I am Hiseol Kang the head of the finance department. I am looking forward to your concert tonight." My voice was monotonous and I stared at Namjoon while avoiding looking at the others. They were surprised to see my but I saw Taehyung was hiding his scoff as I introduced myself. I bowed at them professionally before I step back to my boss side. "You may go to prepare yourself. Don't forget to attend the after-party." My boss stated and nodded his head as a sign for the secretaries to the boys out from the room. 

"After-party?" I raised my brows looking at my boss. Nobody informed me about the party. "Yeah, I thought the public relation team already told you." He said in confusion. I sighed and just smiled at my boss without saying much. Maybe it was just my luck to be intertwined with the people that I tried to avoid the most. 

The concert was majestic and amazing but I was there feeling emotionless. I could not enjoy even a moment of the concert. We were placed at the VIP rows seating location and we were pretty close to the stage. While everyone around me was having a blast, I could not even lift my eyes to look at them. I don't hate them but maybe I was just hurt. I was scrolling my phone the entire concert time and replying emails. 

"Relax Miss Hiseol. Enjoy this moment. It's okay I won't judge you if you wanted to jump or scream. I am a cool boss you know?" He said and nudge my elbow as he saw me in a tense situation. I just smiled bitterly and nodded my head. I clapped my hands without following any beat and just continue clapping when people stared at me for clapping my hands offbeat. "You are acting as if I forced you to enjoy the concert." He tilted his head and look at me with his sharp eyes. I faked a peal of laughter and followed the fan chant. Why am I here? I sighed while putting a smile on my tired face. 

The after-party was peaceful as I sat down beside my boss while the BTS members sat on another table. I did not touch or eat anything as I just sat there watching my boss talking to other collaborators of the project. "Hiseol? Is that you Kang Hiseol?" I almost fainted when I saw the BigHit director that started the conflict between me and Taehyung. The one that stated to the public that I dated Taehyung. His scream caught the attention of almost all of the BigHit staff in the restaurant. 

I nodded my head and smiled at him. "You know my staff?" My boss asked as the director of BigHit sat in front of us and smiling widely as he looks at me. "Yeah, she..." His words were cut short as he realized the mistake that he makes. The investors should not know any of the past scandals of the BTS. "She's an acquaintance back in Korea." He said and bowed at my boss. "How are you Hiseol-shi?" 

"I'm good." I smiled at him awkwardly and took a sip of the plain water in my glass. "You're not eating anything?" The director asked and my boss replied to his question. "She's pretty sensitive to the foods that she's not familiar with." I nodded my head and smiled at them professionally. My facial muscles were stiff due to all the fake smiles that I did today. "Excuse me for a minute. I need to answer this call." I lifted my phone and my boss nodded his head as he allowed me to leave his side. It was a lie. Nobody called me. I needed some fresh air, I felt as if I could not breathe freely the entire day. 

"She is V's ex-girlfriend." I heard the staff of BigHit were whispering to each other as I passed their table to head out of the restaurant. I stood outside of the restaurant for a good five minutes and I look down at my watch. It was almost one in the morning. Suddenly, someone places a puffed jacket on my shoulder. "Oppa?" I asked as I look at the man who was smiling brightly at me. "Did you eat anything? This restaurant only served seafood, I bet you were hungry." He asked as he stood in front of me. 

"Oh, I already ate something before I came here." I smiled at the manager of the most famous boy band in the world. "Yah, can you go to the toilet right now. Someone wanted to see you." He whispered slowly. I shook my head as a rejection to meet anyone. The manager sighed and stated. "I know that everything that happened to you was my fault. I just want you to forgive the boys." Both of us remained silent for a few seconds. "It's not your fault or their faults. Nobody should apologies to nobody. I'll see him." I stated and walked to the place where he told me someone was wanting to see me.