Chapter Two: Refuge and Training

Words Can Hurt Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyuk drove as quickly as he could to the location on the paper. 9296 Seoul Street. He heard his grandparents and his mother talking about this address when he was little. 

When they reached their destination, they were confused. It was just an abandoned building. Joohyuk was about to leave, until three people walked out of the building. It was Onew, Taehyuk, and a man in a black suit. He saw that Taehyuk was carrying a sleeping Taewoo. 

Taehyuk rushed to his friend and sighed. "It happened to you too, didn't it?" Onew walked up to Joohyuk and told him to let him carry Sejeong to the medical bay. The unknown man motioned for Joohyuk to follow him and Taehyuk. 

Joohyuk quietly followed the man to a dark corridor. At the end was a single door. Taehyuk opened the door and there were luxurious couches, a TV, and an assortment of guns, swords, and other weapons.

The man closed the door and began to introduce himself. "Hello Kim Joohyuk. My name is Shin Youngjin and I am the leader of the Order."

Joohyuk was confused. What was the Order and why did his mom want him to go here? He had so many unanswered questions.

Youngjin noticed Joohyuk's confusion. "You have many questions about the Order, don't you? The Order is a league composed of the world's top 100 assassins, doctors, strategists, and hackers. Your mother and grandparents were once part of the Order until they decided to retire and live a normal life. However, a group called the End wants "world peace" by wiping out every inferior being they deem unfit to live. We assume that the End were involved with the deaths of Taehyuk's family and your family. The Order is a group built to stop them and orginazations like them."

Youngjin pressed a button on the side of the door, causing the room to move down. Taehyuk began to tell Joohyuk what had happened to Taewoo and his parents. 

While Joohyuk was with Youngjin and Taehyuk, Sejeong was wired to multiple machines and tubes. Her back was in critical condition and her lungs were heavily damaged from the smoke. Onew sat there in anguish, scared about how Sejeong would do. After 12 painful hours of surgery, Onew saw Sejeong peacefully sleeping. The doctor came out with his clipboard. "We were able to realign her spine and get her breathing back to normal. However she can't participate in any strenuous activities." Onew nodded and went in the room to see Sejeong. 

Sejeong woke up and wiped the sleep out of her eyes. "Oppa where am I?" Onew began explain what happened to her, where she was, and what the Order. After hearing what had occurred, Sejeong's eyes cleared of life. She realized everyone left her. Her father, grandparents, her mother, and her best friend Chungha. Sejeong lied on her side and began to cry herself to sleep. All Onew could do was pat her back and watch her sleep.

Taemin,Jonghyun, Minho, and Key came in to check on Sejeong. Onew stood up and sighed."We should tell them about our real identities." To their surprise, Joohyuk and Taehyuk walked in at that moment. Joohyuk's eyes widened in realization. He grabbed Onew' s shirt in anger. 

"YOU WERE INVOLVED WITH THE ORDER! AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME OR TAEHYUK! " Joohyuk cocked his fist back, but Taehyuk grabbed his hand before he could punch Onew. He struggled, trying to break free of Taehyuk's hold. "Hyung, let me go! I need to teach them a lesson!" 

"Calm down! They have a good reason for this. Just hear them out first." Taehyuk released Joohyuk and told them to sit down. 

Jonghyun began to explain that they were assigned to befriend Taehyuk and Joohyuk, and protect Sejeong, Taewoo, Taehyuk, and Joohyuk.

Joohyuk grinded his teeth,"You already failed the mission. My sister can barely move and Taewoo has his arms covered in scars." Taehyuk glared at Joohyuk and motioned for Jonghyun to continue. 

Jonghyun smiled uneasily and continued, "There weren't supposed to be high-ranking End members. This was only supposed to be a B -Class mission. When we arrived there to help fight, the houses were already in flames. The best we could do was safely escorting Taehyuk and Taewoo out of the building." 

Joohyuk realized it wasn't completely their fault, but he needed time to get over the trauma he just experienced. "Sorry guys. I know it wasn't you fault, but I just need some time to, you know." He stood up and ran out of the room. 

Taehyuk sighed and approached Sejeong's sleeping figure. He knew that she wasn't actually sleeping. "You can stop pretending now." She opened one eye, and said,"How did you know?"

Taehyuk laughed and patted her head. "I have magic powers duh." Sejeong crossed her arms and began to pout. 

Taewoo came running in and jumped into his brother's arms. Sejeong was happy that Taewoo wasn't in a hospital bed, but she noticed that his arm was wrapped in bandages. Taewoo turned and noticed that Sejeong had multiple tubes attached to her. "Sejeong-Hyung! Are you okay?" Sejeong nodded and exclaimed, "Yah! I told you to call me noona." Taewoo blinked and replied, "But Hyung! You always speak like an ahjusshi, but i can't call you that because you're too young, so I call you hyung."

Sejeong laughed," Aigoo! My little woowoo is so smart. But are your arms okay? It look like it hurts wearing those bandages." Taewoo began to shake his head, "No! I'm super strong! These bandages make me look cool." He started to imitate Iron-Man and shouted pew pew at everyone. Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin fell on the ground, clutching their chests when Taewoo shot his hands at them. Sejeong hoped that this wouldn't be her final moment of happiness.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter