Chapter Five: First Mission Part Two

Words Can Hurt Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoojung began to tear up, happy since Doyeon is back, but sad that Doyeon never told her where she ran off too. She raised her hand to be excused and rushed to the bathroom. 

Doyeon stopped running, thinking she saw Yoojung run out of the gym doors. Sejeong yelled, "Dude, hurry up. You can stare at girls later. We have to finish the laps."

Doyeon began to start run, remembering that Yoojung had first period math, not PE. However, she didn't know that Yoojung changed her schedule ever since Doyeon disappeared. She didn't want to sit next to empty seat in every class and be reminded of Doyeon leaving her behind. 

Yoojung sat in the stall, reminiscing the time she tried to look for Doyeon. Five months ago, she went to Doyeon's house to see if she was sick because she didn't see her at school. She asked Doyeon's stepfather where she was, but he yelled at her, "That no-good kid ran away. Good riddance to her. If you kniw what's good for you, don't go looking for her."

Yoojung asked if she could go into Doyeon's room to get her jacket that she left behind. Her true motive was to see if Doyeon was being punished. There were too many times she saw Doyeon being hit by her stepfather, bullied by her stepsiblings, and pushed around by them. Yoojung hoped that Doyeon was okay. 

She tried to go into the house, but the husky man wouldn't let her in. 

Doyeon's stepfather growled,"Get out brat, or I'll throw you out."

He picked her up by the collar of her shirt. She tried to struggle against his grip, but her efforts were in vain. He tossed her like a rag doll, causing her to painfully tumble down the driveway. Yoojung stood up, dusting off the dirt that had accumulated on her clothes.

Wiping off her tears, she began to think, "Doyeon must be at our favorite restaurant." Yoojung ran as fast as she could to the pizza restaurant, but Doyeon's wasn't there. 

She tried to think of another place where Doyeon could have gone. "The park! She must be there!" Yoojung went to the park, searching for Doyeon. She checked everywhere, but there was no trace of her friend. 

This pattern continued, leading Yoojung to the library, amusement park, supermarket, and food stands. The only plac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter