Chapter One: The Beginning

Words Can Hurt Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who was Kim Sejeong exactly? She was an assassin, a cold-blooded killer, the resident ahjusshi, but most importantly, a broken person. This is how it all began.

When the little Kim was seven, she jumped off a tree because a group of bullies told her to. When she fell, the bullies made fun of her, calling her childish names like stupid head or dummy. Being the seven year old Sejeong was, she snapped and started punching with all her might, but she couldn't hit anything. Luckily, her older brother Joohyuk came to the rescue. He saw her crying while swinging her cute little fists around. He wanted to stand and watch, thinking about how cute his sister looked.

"OPPPPPAA!"

Sejeongie's voice snapped Joohyuk out of his trance. Being the good older brother that he was, he ran up to the bullies and started Kamehamehaing the bullies. Since the bullies were only seven and watched an unhealthy amount of Dragon Ball Z, they assumed her brother could shoot balls of energy out of his hands. They ran as fast as their seven year old legs could carry them. Joohyuk glared at them for about five minutes, until he noticed little Sejeongie's hands tugging on his shorts. 

"Oppa, they called me names." Joohyuk heard his precious sibling and knelt down.

"Sejeongie, what kind kind of names did they call my precious sister?" Sejeong began listing all the names she could remember, but the last one surprised Joohyuk. 

"They called me a no good girl because I don't have a dad." Joohyuk was boiling with anger by this point. He couldn't believe that his precious sister was bullied for her father leaving them. Sejeongie began to cry, thinking her oppa was mad at her for causing this trouble.

"Oppa, are you mad at me?" He looked at her in surprise and felt bad. Trying to solve the situation, he wiped Sejeong's tears and carried Sejeong on his shoulders while walking around the park.

Joohyuk softly whispered,"No of course I'm not. I'm only mad at those bullies." Sejeong smiled, but then asked her brother,

"Appa once said that words could never hurt someone. Was he wrong?" Sejeong waited for her brother to answer by playing with his hair. She thought," Wow! My Oppa has such nice hair, kinda like a dog. Should I ask Oppa if we should get a dog?" She almost forgot about her first question thinking about how fluffy her Oppa's hair was. 

"Yes he was wrong but he was also right," he said while carefully taking Sejeong off his shoulders. "Words can hurt if a person doesn't consider someone else's feelings." Sejeong looked at her brother in confusion and tilted her head before saying,"Huh?" Joohyuk couldn't resist how cute Sejeong looked, so he did had to do the most logical thing that he thought of, pinching his Sejeongie's cheeks and screaming "My Sejeongie is so cute!" at the top of his lungs. Luckily, he was inside his house when he screamed this. 

"YAH! I didn't raise you to yell in the house. Do you want me to smack you with the rice scooper?" 

Joohyuk's head snapped up and started vigorously bowing and muttering sorry. His mother couldn't help but laugh and hug her precious children. His mother said "Now upstairs you go. You two need to go take a shower." 

"Omma I can't move or breathe." Joohyuk whispered, because his lungs was being crushed by his mother. Sejeong yelled,"Omma I'm too cute to die this young, can't you see my adorable face if you love me you need to let me go." 

"Aigoo, my beautiful children are growing up so fast." Their mother wiped a faked tear and started smiling. "Go take a shower. You stink!"

After taking a shower and eating dinner, Sejeong and Joohyuk sat together on their bed. Joohyuk was thinking about school and what had happened while Sejeong was thinking about a very surprising topic. 

"If Oppa said words could hurt, does he mean when someone throws a dictionary at someone? But why does someone need to thinking about someone else's feelings when they want to throw a dictionary?" Even though Sejeong didn't quite understand the concept, she did learn that words could hurt.

                                 *****************************************************

 

About 3 years later

Nine year old Sejeong skipped down the sidewalk, excited for another day of hel- school. She went to her seat and began to take out her school books. Her teacher went to the front of the classroom and announced, "This is Kim Chungha and she is an exchange student from the United States. Please sit next to Kim Sejeong."

Sejeong raised her hand to help Chungha see where she sat. As the teacher began lecturing the eight year olds, Sejeong leaned over to Chungha and whispered in her ajhussi voice, "You're pretty."

Chungha began to blush and tried to focus on the teacher. Sejeong remembered that her brother said to always compliment someone if you like them. 

The lunch bell rang and the students began to rush out of class to eat. Sejeong went out to the playground to eat in peace, until she heard yelling. 

A bunch of twelve year olds was bullying Chungha. A chubby kid sneered, "Look at this new kid. She looks like a stupid hamster and can't even speak Korean."

Sejeong wanted to be hero and save Chungha until Chungha bit one of the kids. 

Instead of making them back off, she made the situation even worse. Sejeong saw one of the bullies take Chungha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter