Chapter Eight

My Brother was my Boyfriend [Sequel]

Chapter Eight : The first strike

_________________

 

School days passed and you being extra careful in school. You may never know that L.Joe might be anywhere in school; watching you. Luckily nothing major happened so far. You were only given hurtful comments and such but the class was mostly paying attention to lessons and minding their own business. Zelo, on the other hand, stood by you and never once he left your side. Well, he only left you after the two of you separate ways to return home. You never minded him though he's a bundle of fun. He was always trying to find exciting things for you to do. 

 

"~~~~~" Zelo poked your shoulder using his pencil during Language class. Everyone was busy writing down the list of vocabulary that the teacher wanted them to search for the meanings. 

"Hmm?" You mumbled your attention on your notes and the board. 

"Can I come over to your house today?" He whispered trying to not get caught by the teacher. 

"Muh?" You stared at him.

"Can I? I mean. We have to get started on the chemistry project remember?" He lay his head down on the desk; still facing you.

"JunHong. Have you copied everything?" The teacher gave Zelo a stern face.

Zelo simply held out his notes and placed it back down, "Please?" 

You bit you lower lips and thought about it. 

"Well...I guess we have to do the project. Why not?" 

"Really?! Yay!" He cheered. 

 

________________

 

The last period came to an end and the bell rang. 

"Please remember to sign the forms." The teacher reminded. 

You slung your bag on your shoulder and picked up your skateboard. You turned around only to see Zelo standing there both his hands were holding on either sides of his backpack. A huge grin was plastered on his face. 

You could not help but to smile too," Are you THAT excited to be coming to my house?" 

He nodded a few times. You chuckled and walked out of the classroom.

"Oh! wait for me!" He grabbed his skateboard and went after you.

 

After taking a quick trip to your locker, (Zelo leaves his books under his desk) the two of you walked off to the main gates. As the two of you walked down the slope (the other path way to your house; it’s was much more peaceful there since students rarely use that path), you felt something hit the back of you head. You winced in pain and you turned back to see MinHyun with EunYoung. You looked on the ground and saw small stone. 

"What was that for?" Zelo stepped up.

"Oh, so sweet. The new kid is protecting you?" EunYoung cooed, "Too bad he still doesn't know how things work around here."

EunYoung snapped her fingers and a group of students were surrounding you. Your eyes widened as EunYoung gave you a small smirk. 

"When a class is against someone. That's the end of that someone’s happiness." EunYoung gave the signal and everyone took out a stone. 

 

Zelo looked around. They were surrounded. No way out. 

"This is the disadvantage of being a friend of a loser kid." MinHyun looked at Zelo, "You suffer equally." 

The atmosphere got even tenser. You were frozen on your spot. You wanted to cry for help. You wanted Zelo to get away but you were feeling discourage by the negative vibe you were getting from them. That was your weakness. Once negativity gets to you, it stays with you till...who knows when. 

"Go." EunYoung ordered and walked away. At that command, the students threw the stones mainly at you but nevertheless, Zelo was hit too. 

You were starting to get bruises by the rocks. You could feel the impact on your body. You covered your head with your arms and shut yours eyes tight. You were shivering. Your legs were starting to give in. You wanted to collapse right at that moment. 

*L.Joe oppa...HongKi Oppa...Help me.*  You thought.

 

Just then you couldn't really feel the impact anymore. You felt a pair of arms wrapped around you, protecting you. 

"Yah! Geumanhae!" Zelo yelled as he covered you. The stone were hitting him hard. 

You stared at Zelo. He was willing to take the pain for you. 

"Hold on ~~~~. I gotcha." Zelo whispered as he ducked his head. The two of you stayed in that position as the rocks were continuously being thrown. You could hear Zelo's heart beat since you were pressed against his body. Your ear was on his chest. His heart beat was somewhat making you feel safe. His arms around you made you feel complete; just like how L.Joe holds you. After what seems like forever, they stopped.

 

"They're no fun. Psh." They commented.

"They're just standing there?!" 

"Pathetic." 

 

One by one disappeared and went their own ways. Zelo couldn't feel the pain anymore. His body was starting to turn numb. Zelo looked up and searched the surroundings. There were no more students around. He released you from his embrace and checked on you. 

"You alright?" Zelo scanned your body for any bruises, "I swear i'm going to tell on them." 

You simply stared at Zelo. His left cheekbone was turning purple and started to swollen. You reached out and touched it.  He winced. 

"Sorry." You pulled back.

"Nah. It doesn't hurt." He smiled. 

 

*He can still smile after all that.*

 

You felt guilt grew inside you the more you stared at his bruise. Zelo was ignoring his pain as he completely focusing on you. His eyes were so focused yet they showed concern. You felt a knot in your stomach as he continued to scan you. 

You finally pulled away and pulled him along but he limped. You turned back to see his leg. He was only wearing the thin school pants on him. He surely was hurt. 

"Let's hurry. We need to treat those before they start to swell." You helped Zelo. 

 

______________

 

The two of you took more time than you should to get back home. You finally got Zelo to you front door when it suddenly flung open. You saw L.Joe standing there. His expression was showing that he wanted answers. 

"What happened? Who is he?" L.Joe glared up at Zelo. 

"I'll answer that later oppa. We need to help him first." You simply said as you helped Zelo into the house and into the Living room. L.Joe followed you into the living room and stood there. You walked to the kitchen and took out the first aid kit. You yourself were slightly limping and L.Joe noticed he grabbed your arm a little too hard causing you to yelp. L.Joe pulled away. He eyed your arm and legs then looked at you. 

"Tell me what happened." L.Joe was starting to get impatient. 

"I'll tell you later. I need to help Zelo." You limped away to Zelo. 

Zelo suddenly made eye contact with L.Joe who was glaring and he flinched and turned to you. 

 

"Oppa can you get me a towel and some hot water?" You asked. 

L.Joe stood there still wanting to know what happened. 

"Please?" You sighed. 

"Fine." L.Joe grunted and walked upstairs to get a towel. 

 

You then turned back to Zelo. You took out a cotton wool and apply some ointment onto it before dabbing it onto Zelo's cuts on his exposed areas. There was a cut near his eye and he winced. 

"Sorry. It might sting." You bit your lip as you tried your best to be gentle. 

Zelo softly gazed at you as you were helping with his bruises. You caught him looking at you and you stared back. 

Just then L.Joe walked back downstairs with a towel. 

"Hot or warm?" L.Joe voice made you snapped out of your daze. 

"Uh.. Warm.. not too hot." You replied and L.Joe walked to the kitchen. 

 

Zelo's eyes followed L.Joe's walking figure and turned back to you. 

"Your brother?" Zelo asked.

"Something like that." You giggled.

"What does that mean?" Zelo raised a brow.

"Step-brother..." You put on a small plaster on his cut.

"Ah..." Zelo nodded," He's scary." 

You chuckled and packed the first aid kit, "He's like that when a guy is around me." 

"Why?" 

 

"Here." L.Joe came back with a bowl of warm water and towel. You thanked L.Joe and told Zelo to his uniform. 

Since you know very well that he wears a singlet under his uniform. He told you that random fact when he was blabbering nonsense during break time. 

"YAH! YAH! YAH! What do you think you're doing?!" L.Joe pointed to Zelo.

"ing my uniform?" Zelo simply stated. 

"What ever for?!" 

"Oppa. How am I supposed to help with his bruises when it's covered?" You frowned. 

L.Joe stood there dumbfounded. The fact that you were going to see another guy's body made L.Joe tense up. 

 

"I'll do it for you! You go and get changed." L.Joe ordered.

"Are you sure oppa?" You eyed him.  L.Joe simply nodded. He was actually not sure himself. He never treated to anyone's wounds or bruises before. 

"Are you okay with that Zelo?" You asked. L.Joe gave Zelo a look and he nodded quickly. Obviously feeling threatened. "Okay then. I'll be upstairs." You stood up and carefully walked away.

 

L.Joe grumbled and sat at your original position. Zelo felt awkward. L.Joe then ordered Zelo to take his uniform off. Zelo did as told. Zelo carefully slid his uniform off his body and there his bruises were clearly visible. L.Joe's eyes widened as he started to press the damp towel on the bruises. It was horrible. 

"What happened? Gang fight?" 

"We ran into a little trouble on the way here..." Zelo's voice was soft as he was intimidated by L.Joe. 

"What kind of trouble?" 

"Some classmates of your sister gang up on us." 

"THEY BEAT YOU UP?!" L.Joe was shocked.

"No. They threw stones at her. I tried my best to protect her. I really did. I'm sorry." Zelo hung his head low. 

"They threw stones at my ~~~~~?" L.Joe felt his blood rush in his veins. 

Zelo nodded and then jumped as L.Joe pressed the warm towel a little to hard. 

"Who exactly may i know?" L.Joe tried to calm his nerves. 

"..Uh... EunYoung was most likely to be the mastermind of it." Zelo stated.

 

*Strike one*

________________________________

 

Soon after, Zelo needed to return home without even starting on the chemistry project. You were at the door waving him goodbye and watched him slightly limped away. Your heart sank at the sight. 

 

*If only he didn't put himself in that position then he would be walking normally*

 

You were sighing as you walked back upstairs after closing the main door. You opened the door to your room and saw L.Joe sitting down on the edge of your bed. His head was hung low as his elbows were resting on his knees; his fingers were laced together. You began to clear your room and brought your backpack to your study table. 

"They threw stones at you?" L.Joe's voice was low and somewhat disappointed. 

You froze as you bit your lips.

"Zelo told you?" You saw at the corner of your eyes L.Joe advancing towards you. 

L.Joe hugged you tight but you flinched. You were wearing a sleeveless shirt and the small bruises on you arms were visible. L.Joe brushed his fingers on them and sighed. 

"I can do something about it you know. I can help you make sure they won't disturb you anymore. They must know you have Teen Top by your side." L.Joe tried to persuade you.

"Oppa. You know I don't like to involve gangs into my school life right?" You pushed your hand on his chest.

"They gang up on you first!" L.Joe protested.

"Still." You looked into L.Joe's eyes.

He softened and leaned his forehead against yours and gazed deeply into your eyes. 

"Like i said, two more strikes and I'm stepping into the game.. alright?" L.Joe sighed once more.

You simply nodded and gave him a small peck on the lips before climbing onto your bed.

 

"I'm exhausted." You pulled the blankets over you. L.Joe chuckled and went over and lay down beside you. He wrapped and arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him and you began to draw imaginary circles on his chest. L.Joe was enjoying the time but then Zelo popped into his mind and he frowned. 

"You still haven't tell me who that tall kid was."

"Zelo?....He's a new kid and my only friend right now. Don't be harsh on him oppa. He did his best to protect me you know. Without him maybe i would be in a much worst condition." You pouted. 

L.Joe gave it a though and gave in. What you said was really true.

"But if I catch him being too close to you. I might have to separate the two of you." 

"Oppa~" You whined and punched his chest lightly. 

"Ouch Baby. That hurts." L.Joe rubbed his chest. 

You were still frowning, "Zelo's not that bad you know."

"Still...I can't take chances." L.Joe snuggled against your neck, "I love you too much."

"I told him you're my Step-brother. Heh." You laughed. 

"Yah! I'm your Ex- Step brother." L.Joe wasn't happy with that word. 

"I love you Oppa..." You kissed L.Joe sweetly. 

After a while, L.Joe pulled away and pulled you closer to him, "I love you too." 

Your eyelids began to feel heavier as L.Joe your hair. You felt warm in that position. Everything was perfect. 

You were happy that you still had L.Joe. 

 

"You know. That kid is seriously too tall for my liking. What did he eat to be that tall?" L.Joe suddenly commented.

 

_______________________________________

 

 

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEEN TOP FOR THEIR 2ND WIN! I actually cried when i heard they won it again today...