Chapter Twelve

My Brother was my Boyfriend [Sequel]

Chapter Twelve : Best Friends

___________________________

 

Your heart pounded against your chest as you sat down on the chair staring into space. You tired your best to relax yourself but you ended being agitated. You could not stop yourself from breathing too fast or drinking more water. On the contrary, the atmosphere was supposed to be Jubilant and exciting but you just could not help yourself from feeling that way. 

 

It was finally the School's 50th Anniversary where all families and friends of both the students and the staffs were invited to come and enjoy the performance. The celebration/performance were held during the evening and you had invited HongKi and L.Joe. Teen Top had come uninvited but you didn't mind anyways. It is also the day that you and Zelo were supposed to be doing the performance. With the help of Beast, you were able to convince JiHyun that you and Zelo wanted to do a solo performance from the dancers. So JiHyun did grant you the permission but then, you regretted it. You were so nervous that you were about to go crazy. 

 

You had already changed into your outfit and had your make up done. You had eyeliner on and smoky eye shadows with it. Your lips were coated with a little glittery lip gloss. Your hair was styled in a messy way and half of your hair was braided to the back. About a bottle of hair spray was used on your hair to keep it that way. As for your outfit, you wore a baggy top that was torn in a few parts with a plain white singlet inside and you had three-quarter pants that were tight only around your knees. Plus you wore your Nike high-cuts. All ready for the performance. 

 

Zelo also had make up with the same concept but his eyeliner as a little thicker. He wore a white top that had a pink star at his top right chest and a colourful jacket over it. His pants were shiny black and his high-cuts were a little green and white. His neck was covered by a skull mask and he had been standing there for the past half and hour observing you fidgeting once in a while in your seat. He was leaning against the table, backstage, opposite you with his arms crossed. There, you fidgeted again. He sighed. 

"Yah." He called out to you but you were too oblivious to realise it. He frowned and paced up to you. Slowly he bent down to match you height and his eyes stared into yours but you were still not realising he was there. 

"Yah." He pushed your forehead and you fell back onto the chair. You blinked a few times as your eyes locked with Zelo's. 

"What's wrong with you? Its as though you have fits." Zelo raised a brow. 

You sighed and jumped a little on the chair, "I'm nervous! Don't you feel nervous?!" 

"Nope, I'm good. Thanks for asking." Zelo chuckled. 

"It's not funny!" You yelled. 

 

"Please quiet down." One of the backstage crew gave you a stern look. 

You turned away in embarrassment while Zelo tried to hold in his laugh. 

"This is your fault! Now my heart is beating 3 times harder!" You whispered loudly.

"You're welcome." He smiled. 

You rolled your eyes. 

 

"~~~~ and Zelo you're up in 5 minutes!" Another stage crew called out. 

"OMG! What do i do?!" You jumped up and began to walk back and forth on the spot. 

Zelo just watched you. Then you heard laughter, you turned and saw Beast. 

"Since when is our secret weapon SO nervous for a performance?" HyunSeung slung an arm around you. 

"Yeah, the last time i remembered, she was the one that was always wanting to go up on stage!" DongWoon laughed a little. 

You pouted, "Because this time i'm going on stage with that stupid giant over there." 

Zelo pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on and glared at you, "What did you call me? I'm not stupid."

DooJoon shook his head and patted Zelo back, "Take care of her for us Zelo-ah. She's one trouble maker."

"Yeobo! At least we're here to support you!" Yoseob smiled. You felt slightly better. 

"Yeah, even when you fall or trip on your own leg we will always be here for you!" Kikwang nodded in agreement.

You immediately froze at the thought of messing up the routine.

JunHyung hit Kikwang's head, "See what you did to her?!"

"What?" Kikwang rubbed his head and looked at you, "Oh."

 

You began to panic again. "What if i do fall? What if i do make a mistake?!"

JunHyung placed both his hands on your cheeks and looked deep in your eyes.

"You will not fall and you will not make a mistake because i believe that you are going to rock that stage. We believe that you will shine out there, with Zelo of course." JunHyung looked at Zelo.

 

"~~~~~ and Zelo!"

 

You stiffened.

"LET'S GO!" Zelo cheered and pushed you to the side of the stage. The curtains closed and Zelo pushed you to the center of the stage. You took a deep breath. The MC for the night was talking to the crowd about the previous performance and was about to introduce the next performance with was you and Zelo. 

"Hey. Listen here..." Zelo tilted your chin up so that you were facing him, "We're going to go through this together. Even if you make a mistake or fall, i'll purposely make a mistake or fall too. We're a team right? Understand?" 

 

*He'll do that for me?*  You nod your head and turn to the curtains. 

Zelo went to his position which was two metres away from you on the right. You took deep breaths and relaxed your muscles. 

 

*I can do this!*

 

"Let's welcome them now!" The MC cried followed by a round of applause. 

You looked at Zelo and the two of you nodded. You and Zelo bent your knees slightly and rested your elbows on your knees as your heads hung low. The curtains were drawn and the spotlights were . 

 

*This is it...*

 

The music came on. 

 

*No turning back. Give it your best!*

 

The two of you gave your best and did the dance routine as the crowd of different ages were cheering loudly. As you were dancing, you spotted HongKi, L.Joe along with Teen Top sitting at the corner. You smiled widely as you saw them cheering you on. You suddenly made eye contact with L.Joe and you felt more confident. You continued with the dance with Zelo. 

Beast was watching from the side of the stage where they were not visible to the audience. They were cheering along as they watched. You felt like you were flying, the cheers, the love, the excitement. It was the ending part of the dance were you and Zelo were supposed to face each other and make a cartwheel with one hand, passing each other. Your eyes met with Zelo's but he was frowning. He was slightly limping on one leg and was about to do the cartwheel. You stopped and went to him. You turned him around so that your back was facing the crowd. 

"What's wrong with your leg?" You whispered. 

"Muscle strained" he quickly replied.

"Give me a lift."

 

With that, Zelo held his hands out and you stepped on it as Zelo gave you a boost and you did a back flip from there and the song ended on time. You went to Zelo and held his hand, taking a bow. The crowds cheered endlessly as the curtains closed. You rested Zelo's arm on your shoulder and helped him. Beast ran over and started throwing questions. They quickly helped Zelo to the side and sat him down on the chair that Yoseob brought over. You worriedly looked at his leg. 

"I'm fine really! Now go!" Zelo pushed them to the stage. It was already their turn to perform. You too lightly pushed them to the stage.

"We've got a surprise for you later. Watch us carefully alright?" Yoseob winked.

"Arasseo. Faster! The curtains are about to open!" You pushed him.

 

You stood next to Zelo who was slowly massaging his leg. You frowned and shook your head.

"You should've stretched before you did the performance instead of just staring at me." You quietly commented. 

"Well, how could i NOT stare at you when you were fidgeting almost every minute?" Zelo back fired. 

"Psh. Worry about yourself for once would ya?" You knocked his head and laughed a little. 

Then the crowds were cheering again. You turned your attention to the stage, the curtains were already drawn. The spot lights were on them. Soon most of the crowd was cheering 'Beast! Beast! Beast!'. You smiled and felt goose bumps creeping up your skin. It was as though you were in past seeing them on the school stage again. 

"They're really cool." Zelo stated as his eyes were also glued onto them on stage. 

You softly nodded your head and a smile crept on your lips. *And i'm so proud of them*

The upbeat and familiar song came blaring out of the speakers. Your jaws dropped and your eyes widened.

"This song.. This dance.." You thought out loud.

Zelo looked at you, "What with this song?" 

You were in a dazed and too mesmerised trying to recall the dance moves that you were dancing to in the routine. Flashbacks came to your mind in a flash. You were starting to move to the dance move bit by bit. It was the song that you and Beast did for the competition 2 years ago. The one you screwed up at the ending. 

Half way through the song, Beast froze and the song paused. You were surprised. It wasn't supposed to be that way.

The lights dimmed and the crowds were questioning what was happening. You were trying to see in the dark but then you felt some one holding you hand and pulling you somewhere.

"Time to complete the dance, secret weapon." It was HyunSeung.

 

The hand pulled away from you and you stood there in the dark. Suddenly, the lights went on again and you covered your eyes with your hands as a reflex. Soon you regain your sight and saw yourself standing on the stage facing the crowd. They cheered once again. You turned to Beast, panicking. 

"Let's do this!" DooJoon gave you a nod. 

Finally you realised what was happening and you nodded back. Secretly Kikwang who was at the front held his fingers behind his back. Counting down...

 

3...2...1 

"Let's go.." Kikwang softly said and the music came back on. 

 

Thankfully, you still remembered the routine of that dance and you swiftly did your best to do it perfectly but of course it was almost 2 years ago since you did that routine. Even though it wasn't perfect you still managed to pull through. You smiled all the way as you and Beast were dancing together again on stage. The crowd cheered louder than before. 

JunHyung stood beside you. "Ready?" 

"I'm still not sure if i can do it." You huffed as you were afraid of messing up again. 

"Let's see.." JunHyung held your waist and helped you up his and Dongwoon's thighs. You wobbled a little but then you gained balance and at the last beat, everyone ended well. Sweat running down their foreheads, panting hard they stood there. 

"WOOO!!" The crowd yelled.

 

After a few seconds, Dongwoon and JunHyung helped you down and everyone held hands as you and Beast took a big bow. Everyone stood back up together and raised their hands up. You smiled and looked at the crowd.

"You did it.." JunHyung smiled at you.

"Thanks oppa.." You returned his smile.

 

The curtains closed and you went backstage to Zelo. His mouth was ajar in shock as it was his first time seeing you perform with Beast. You pushed his jaw back up and chuckled. 

"How was it?" You smiled cheekily. Zelo blinked continuously and his mouth was opened but nothing came out.

"Come on! Say it! I was cool right?" You cockily lifted you chin up.

"You weren't cool." Zelo said in a bored manner, "But Beast was WOW!"

"Yah! Meanie!" You hit his shoulder. Beast came over and looked at you.

"Did Zelo make my yeobo angry?" Yoseob eyed him and hugged you. You frowned.

"I didn't!" Zelo defended himself. 

"He said i wasn't cool!" You let out a fake sob. 

"You made her cry!" Kikwang pointed to Zelo as his eyes were piercing.

"I-I didn't m-mean to! I swear!" Zelo put his hands up as though he was surrendering, "I-I'm Sorry!" 

 

 ...

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" You and Beast burst out laughing leaving Zelo dumb founded. 

"That was seriously the best one ever!" You cracked up. 

"He was about to pee in his pants!" Yoseob pointed to Zelo. 

Zelo frowned, "That was SO not funny." 

"Alright cut it out. We did enough damage." You tried to stop laughing.

Soon everyone was back to their usual self laughing and making jokes. Suddenly, you had the urge to use the rest room. You excused yourself and ran off.

Beast chuckled as you sprinted off.

"Ahh~ Life is so boring. When was the last time we had this much fun?" Kikwang laid on the empty table near them.

"I know right. Ever since ~~~~-ah wasn't with us anymore, everything felt so empty." HyunSeung tagged along. 

Yoseob crossed his arm, "Long distance relationship is so hard." 

DooJoon knocked yoseob's head, "You were never in a relationship with her. but yeah, things were so much fun back then." 

"I miss her. A LOT!" DongWoon sighed. 

"Everyone of us miss her." JunHyung quietly mumbled. 

Zelo just sat down there observing them zoning out. He needed no more evidence. That moment right in front of him made him realise how much you were to them. 

"You know, she talks about you guys a lot." Zelo smiled. 

"Really?" Yoseob's eyes sparkled, "What did she say about me?" 

"Aigoo..Look at this small kid here." DooJoon shook his head. 

"Well, to cut short, she misses you guys as much as you guys miss her. She said you hyungs were her everything." Zelo explained. 

All of Beast smiled widely at the thought of you missing them. 

"Zelo-ah." DooJoon called out. 

"Neh?" Zelo looked at him. 

"Take good care of her okay? Seeing that EunYoung and Junghae isn't here to protect her. Well they went against her instead. You are the only one that can protect her now. There a bunch of girls here who hates her to the core." DooJoon shook his head. 

"Yeah. Half of them are out fans and the other half is L.Joe's fans. No wonder she's having a tough life." DongWoon sighed again. 

"We're counting on you Zelo. Make sure she smiles and never let her cry!" Kikwang sat up.

Zelo took a second to react, "I'll do my best."

Right on time, you came back.

"What's with the heavy atmosphere? What were you guys talking about?" You asked out of curiousity.

 

Everyone went silent and looked at you.

"~~~~-ah!" Yoseob hugged you tight, "Study hard okay?"

This time DooJoon didn't pull Yoseob away, instead he join in the hug. Soon, one by one Beast were giving you a big hug with you squished in the middle.

"OPPA!" You squirmed and squealed but they wouldn't let you go.

"~~~~~-ah! SarangHae!" They chimed. You blushed.

"Shhh! That's embarrassing!" But still you smiled. 

 

Zelo was just watching the heart-warming scene from there.

*They really are something*

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The celebration ended at 10pm at night. You had just took your bag from the waiting room and you were now searching for Zelo. He suddenly just disappeared into thin air. The hallways were filled with people moving out of the school, going home. You tried to find Zelo everywhere. Then you heard someone calling out your name. 

"~~~~~-AH!" You swirled back and saw ChunJi and the others. You ran to them. 

"Oppa!" You beamed.

"You are really cool out there." ChunJi praised you. You smiled.

CAP ruffled your hair, "You were great there."

"Thanks."

"You're moves were flawless. Like this! Like this!" Niel tried to the wave but he was a little stiff.

"You're an embarrassment!" Ricky made Niel stop.

"Like you can do any better~" Niel argued.

"Aish. Stop fighting already!" ChangJo snapped.

You chuckled.

"~~~~-ah." HongKi called out, "You were amazing there. I'm so proud of you." 

"Gomawo HongKi oppa." You couldn't keep your happiness hidden and gave him a hug. 

"Yah. Hug him but you don't hug me?" A voice snarled. 

You looked and saw L.Joe with a pissed face. You softened and went over to him. You stood in front of him and smiled to him. He was clearly unhappy and you couldn't help but to think that he was cute that way. 

"Forget it. If you aren't gonna hug me too then i'm going home first." L.Joe placed his hands on his sides. 

"L.Joe oppa~" You sang and gave him a tight hug around his waist. 

L.Joe was still a little mad but then it faded away in a split second. He returned your hug and snuggled against your neck. 

"You looked so beautiful out there baby. I love you." He said to your ear. 

You giggled, "Gomawo oppa. I love you too." 

 

You pulled away and looked at them. 

"Thank you all for coming today. I really appreciate it." You bowed a little. 

"Aigoo~ Anything for you!" Ricky crooned. 

"Anyways. Where is your friend? I haven't met him personally.." HongKi looked around. 

Your mind finally snapped and realised that you were finding for him earlier. 

"Ah! Right! I was finding for him just now before ChunJi oppa called me." You said. 

"Well, i think he went home. Shall we head home now?" L.Joe's jealousy was building as he heard that you were searching for Zelo instead of him. 

"i guess so.. let's-" You were cut off when your phone vibrated. You pulled out your phone and read the message; it was from Zelo. 

 

Hey, wanna hang out for a while before we head home? I'm at the roof top right now.

-Zelo

 

Your eyes sparkled and looked at HongKi. 

"I have to see someone first before i leave. Oppa can go home first. I'll come home before you know it." You quickly said and ran off.

"~~~~~-ah!" HongKi called for you but you were already racing towards the roof top.

 

You were panting hard as you were climbing the last flight of stairs leading to the roof top. You swung the door open and searched for Zelo.

"Zelo?" You called out.

"Over here.." You saw a hand.

Zelo was lying on the ground gazing at the canopy of stars in the sky. The half-moon was also shining brightly in the sky. You walked over to him and squatted next to him. 

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Come lie down. The stars are especially beautiful tonight." Zelo patted the empty space beside him.

You went to his other side and lay there. He was right. The stars were twinkling beautifully that night. The sky was in a calm dark blue colour and the air was fresh.

"Beautiful right?" Zelo asked.

"Mhmm.." You were mesmerised by the small lights in the night sky.  

"So...~~~~~-ah..." Zelo started off with the conversation. 

"Yeah?" 

Zelo uncomfortably bit his lips and swallowed hard. He wanted to ask you if you had any feelings for him but he was too shy to say it. *Com'on! Be a man! SAY IT!* Zelo yelled mentally. 

"Y-you...D-do y-you..." He stammered. 

"I-I-I what?" You imitated him. 

"D-do you....I mean....When is your birthday?" Zelo came out with the wrong question. 

You raised a brow and looked at him, "Why the sudden question?" 

"Curious?" 

"Well...It's next week actually." You turned back to face the sky. 

"Next Week?! Really?!" He was surprised and stared at you.  

You nodded. 

"Then.....You're my Noona?" he slyly joked.

"Yah! I'm not older than you okay?!" You protested. 

"Yeah.. My birthday is on 15th October." He stuck his tongue out at you. 

"Even so, i'm not a noona. It makes me sound so old." You pouted. 

Zelo kept quiet. 

"So, Noona…" Zelo joked. 

You glared at him. "I was just kidding!" 

"I just wanted to say, let's start being....Best Friends from today onwards."  Zelo smiled as his eyes never left the stars. 

"Best Friends?" 

"Yup. You know. Share secrets, talk crap, hang out... Best Friends." 

"My last best friends turned into my enemy are you going to be the same too?" 

"Ani. I'll never do that to you. Instead, I'll protect you." Zelo's voice seemed fragile and sincere. 

Your heart raced as he said those words and your stomach felt weird. 

*Why this feeling?...He's just a friend.*

 

You rolled on your tummy and held out your little finger. 

"Promise?" 

Zelo too rolled on his tummy and looked at you. He held out his little finger and laced it with yours.

"I promise. Rain or shine, I'll always protect you."

"Best Friends."

Zelo swallowed hard, "Best Friends."  

_____________________________________________

 

 

 

WassupitsLO: I'm alright :D CCAs are a pain in the . Anyways, thank you for reading ^^  I'll try to update more often. 

 

annyss93:Thank you for worrying :D I'm fine because of you all who support me :P

joanna_MAgic : Hah. I don't like both my teacher and Eunyoung too. They're so urgh. >:) Thank you for your support :D 

Joker892809: L.Joe is always jealous ^^ Heehee~

 

YAKSOKHAEMiki: EunYoung making a comeback? :D We shall wait and see~ 
 

Keiko89: Neomu Neomu Neomu Kamsahamnida :D Yes Hwaiting! Thank you for reading :D