Chapter Four

My Brother was my Boyfriend [Sequel]

Chapter Four : After-Effect

________________

 

You were walking as though you were a lost soul. On the contrary, the atmosphere around the neighborhood was lively and sunny. But it was not enough to cheer you up. You were lost in your train of thoughts. You saw your whole world tumbling down and being crushed into pieces. Each step you took was as though you had a metal chain weighed as heavy as 100 kilogram locked around your ankles. 

 

*If only i remembered EunYoung's birthday sleepover probably this won't happen..Its all my fault.* 

 

You were walking aimlessly. As usual you were just walking to where your legs were taking you. Little did you know that WHOLE time, Zelo was right behind you. He witnessed everything. After EunYoung and JungHae left, Zelo couldn't get himself to suddenly pop out of nowhere and ask for his skateboard. He somehow sensed how you felt. You’re confused and guilty. Zelo thought he could just return back home and ask for his skateboard the next day but then he saw you walking that way. He became cautious and so he decided to follow you back to your house and so, there he was a few meters behind you; making sure that you stayed out of any form of trouble. 

 

"HEY! WATCH IT!" A middle aged man yelled at you but you feeling too numb to realize it. The man was about to grab you but luckily Zelo came over and bowed to the man. 

"I'm Sorry." He apologized on behalf of you. 

"Shesh. Kids these days." The man growled and stomped off. 

Zelo bit the side of his lower lip and scratched his head. He can't be possibly be doing this all evening. He was starting to wonder where you were heading to. 

 

You let out a deep sigh and walked to the traffic light. You did not notice that the light was red and the cars were driving across the roads. You were about to take a step forward when someone yanked you back to the pavement and a lorry drove pass as it honked its horn. You blinked. Zelo's eyes were wide and in rage. His hands were on the sides of your shoulders, gripping them hard. You tried to free yourself but Zelo shook you hard.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" He yelled; not willing to take anymore chances of you getting hurt.

You just blinked at him. You were still not familiar with his facial features but what made you remember him was his height. 

"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF?! HUH?!" Zelo continuously shook you; hard.

"G-g-giant." You blurted out.

Zelo frowned, "What?" 

You tilt your head, "What are you doing here, giant?" 

Zelo's jaws practically dropped at your statement. He then pointed to himself.

"Giant?"

You quietly nodded as your big eyes were glued to his, "I'm sorry but i can't remember your name." 

Zelo let go and stared at you in disbelief. He gritted his teeth then squatted down as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

You jumped slightly and took a step back. Zelo let out a small yell but it was muffled as his head was faced down.

Passer-bys started to whisper and murmur among themselves. You were feeling slightly embarrassed so you quietly backed away and turned to the traffic light.

Zelo looked up still in that squatting position to find you gone. Immediately he stood up and grabbed his bag and skateboard from the corner and looked for you. The traffic light turned green and the crowd started moving towards it and a mini stampede was formed. Even with his height, Zelo couldn't spot you anywhere. 

 

You blended in with the crowd and slowly made your way back home. 

*That was awkward*

Thanks to Zelo your mind was now filled with him and you temporarily forgot about your depression. You unlocked the front door and check out for Zelo in case he followed you before locking the door again. You turned around when you saw L.Joe standing in front of you. 


"How's my baby's first day of school?" He smirked, "Had fun reuniting with your friends?" 

At the word 'friends' you went back to your depressed state. Your facial expression disappeared in a split second and the aura around you became dull. You looked down. L.Joe was surprised at your sudden change. He bent and little to look at your face and he used his finger to lift your chin up to see your face better.

"Something happened?" L.Joe questioned. Concern was written all over his face. You didn't want him to worry so you just tried to make up another excuse.

 

"I missed you." You pouted slightly.

When L.Joe heard that his lips formed into a small smile and pulled you into his embrace. You inhaled his scent and tears were threatening to escape from your eyes but you did your best to held it in. L.Joe softly your hair. 

"I missed you too baby."

 

After dinner, you went into your room to study. L.Joe decided to leave you alone since you needed to focus on your school work. You took out all your books and laid them across your table. You stared at your books. You didn't felt like studying. You had no more interest in studying. You looked at the clock and it showed 9pm.

*I'll take a small nap first* 

 

Time passed and it was already 11pm. You were still asleep on your desk with your head rested on your arms. HongKi just came home from work and he wanted to check on you. Slowly he peeped into your room to see what you were doing. Your whole room was dark and only your table lamp was . There you were sleeping on the desk. HongKi opened the door and shook his head. 

*Probably too much for a first day*

HongKi walked to you and bent down to be on the same level as you were. His expression softened as he watched you sleep. HongKi tucked a hair behind your ear and smiled. Suddenly you started to frown and stirred in your sleep. HongKi thought that you were having a bad dream. HongKi your hair lightly, "Shh... Oppa's here." 

Your frown slowly disappeared and you returned back to your angelic sleeping expression. HongKi slightly chuckled. 

"You look uncomfortable." 

 

HongKi carefully carried you bridal style and lay you down on the bed. Just then L.Joe came in. 

"She's asleep?" L.Joe asked and walked to your bed. 

HongKi nodded and covered you with your blanket. L.Joe stood there and gazed at you. The two brothers walked out of your room and went downstairs to the living room.

"I think something happened in school today." L.Joe spoke. 

HongKi turned his attention to L.Joe ,"Really? What happened?" 

L.Joe shrugged, "When she came home, she was frowning. When i hugged her...she was slightly trembling. She said she missed me but I think it’s more than that."

HongKi grew concern, "Maybe she really did miss you. For now let's just keep an eye on her."

 

The next day you wake up with dark circles under your eyes. You weren't sleeping peacefully at all. You were having continuous nightmares throughout the night causing you to wake up almost every hour. And the scary part was that all the dreams were the same.

 

It was about you, JungHae and EunYoung having fun in the school's dance studio. Everything was perfect until you saw JiHyun standing there with that same stern expression she would give when anyone makes a mistake in the dance routine. You flinched as JiHyun approached you, and every step she took she grew bigger. You called out to JungHae and EunYoung for help but they said 'I don't know who you are.' The scene then changed into a maze and JiHyun was as tall as a building. You were like a small ant trying to find a way out of the maze. When you were finally out of the maze, you dropped into a black hole and no one was there to help you as you were falling down. The other funny part was, that the 'giant'; Zelo was there to pull you out of the black hole but he would always miss and you would wake up after that. 

 

You felt Goosebumps as you sat up from your bed. You looked around to see your books in your bag and your uniform ironed. Your lips formed into a small smile. But then you frowned again. You had to face EunYoung and JungHae and this time you could expect them to ignore you again. You didn't felt like going to school anymore.

"~~~~-ah? You're awake." HongKi peeped into the room.

You turned to the door, "Morning oppa."

"I'll be going now. Breakfast's ready, ByungHun said he would send you to school again today." HongKi smiled.

"Neh. Annyeong Oppa." You waved.

HongKi looked at you for a minute trying to find the right words to say to you.

He cleared his throat,"~~~~-ah. Study hard alright? Once you graduate you can leave the school and move to a new environment." You tilt your head, not understanding why HongKi said that but nodded anyways.

HongKi was about to leave your room when he popped back in, "And remember! I love you!" He quickly said and ran down out of the house feeling embarrassed.

You giggled and shook your head, "Silly oppa. I love you too."

 

At the thought of HongKi's words you were committed to study hard and graduate High school. You took a warm bath and wore your uniform. You looked at yourself in the mirror and then looked at your drawer. You opened it and scanned it. You raised a brow then took out a light blue beanie. You smiled at your reflection. perfect

You walked down to see L.Joe eating his waffles. You went over to him and pecked his cheek.

"Morning oppa." You sat down across him and ate your waffle.

L.Joe looked up, "You ready for the 2nd day?"  

You swallowed hard and nodded while putting on your best smile. You went back to eating your breakfast. L.Joe looked at you. His concern for you was growing more and more.

*Why can't you just tell me what's happened yesterday?*

 

Once you were done you grabbed your bag and put on your shoes L.Joe was holding onto your skateboard when he noticed the design was different. He looked at you. 

"Since when you liked bunnies?" 

You were busy tying your shoe lace as you replied him, "Who said i love bunnies?" 

"Then why do you have bunnies on your skateboard?" L.Joe showed it to you. 

You looked up not understanding what L.Joe meant then you jumped up snatching the skateboard.

"THIS ISN'T MINE!" You shrieked. 

 

______________