Chapter 6

Jellyfish Waterpark
Please log in to read the full chapter

*unbeta'd

 

June 13, 2017 9:10 AM

Let’s call off the bet -JH

 

June 13, 2017 9:32 AM

Okay -HY

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

 

Tuesday soon came, and luckily for Hakyeon, he had the day off. Unfortunately, Jaehwan did not, so the young man’s day off was going to be spent alone.

 

Before, Hakyeon wouldn’t have really minded it. Usually his days not spent with his best friend are instead spent in bed – in a deep, worry free sleep. Now, however, that seemed to be the last thing on Hakyeon’s mind.

 

Through his clouded thoughts, he had the urge to go to the park today, to get some fresh air. Once he actually got there though, he immediately wanted to go back home. The sun was brightly sweltering and the temperatures were high, truly giving everyone outside the summer experience. Hakyeon sighed heavily as he sat down on one of the seats of the park’s swing set.

 

There were still many people out today despite the heat, basking in the sunny and playful day. It was such a shame Hakyeon had to spend it all by himself.

 

The young man pouted as he kicked a lone rock, and watched families and their children play around and laugh boisterously. “So lonely,” Hakyeon sighed as he pushed himself back and swung forward once, getting an eyeful of the clear blue sky – not a cloud in sight.

 

Hakyeon groaned out of frustration as he sat up. The day was just too bright for his mood. Another sigh left him as he stared at the dirt beneath the bottom of his converses, debating whether to stay or head back home – where he could crawl into bed with a tub of ice-cream and watch the rest of ‘Tunnel’ on his laptop. So far, the latter was winning the most votes.

 

With his mind made up, Hakyeon sat up from the low swing set seat – his lower back aching a little from the uncomfortable position. Just as he was about to turn around and walk home, he felt something hit the back of his foot. Looking down, he noticed it was a soft bouncy ball. A kid must have kicked it over by accident.

 

After picking it up, Hakyeon turned around. As if on cue to retrieve the toy, a small child was running towards him.

 

“Minyul!”

 

Before the child could reach Hakyeon, a tall man ran up behind the boy to stop him. The realization hit the brown haired boy like a truck. “Leo?” he muttered to himself.

 

“Minyul, I told you not to run off by yourself,” the raven haired man chided softly. “It’s dangerous.”

 

“Sorry,” the young boy apologized, eyes glued to the ball still in Hakyeon’s hand. The bouncy toy then slipped out of the latter’s grasp, catching Leo’s eye. The man finally looked up – his expression immediately taking on a surprised one. “Hakyeon?”

 

Said boy stood motionlessly. “Taekwoon…ARE YOU A DAD?!”

 

“…Do you want to get hit?”

 

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

 

“Ah, so he’s your nephew,” Hakyeon said, after Leo finished clearing up the misunderstanding.

 

Hakyeon eyed the man’s casual looks. There seemed to be something different about Leo today. Most likely, it was the toddler by his side. The once cold, hard staring young man was now all smiles around his nephew. It was an interesting sight to see, especially how he talked to the child. Hakyeon cooed to himself at the adorable interaction.

 

“Uncle, what is this?” Minyul asked, pointing at the ground that flattened under the black bench they were currently sitting on.

 

“That’s grass,” Leo replied, happily.

 

The young boy parroted his uncle’s words, and began rolling the ball he lost earlier in his hands. Hakyeon noticed Leo’s smile increase. He felt joy just looking at it.

 

“Why are you smiling like that?” Leo raised a brow.

 

Hakyeon’s eyes caught his and he smiled wider. “Nothing.”

 

Leo didn’t believe it, but shrugged it off anyways. He turned his attention back to his nephew. “Minyul, do you want to go with uncle for some ice cream?”

 

The child’s eyes lit up at the last words and nodded in agreement. The pair sat up from the bench, and Hakyeon was slightly disappointed that he was now about to be left alone once again.

 

“What are you doing?” Leo asked him, his hand warmly holding Minyul’s smaller.

 

“What?” Hakyeon asked, confused.

 

“Let’s get some ice cream, I’ll pay,” was Leo’s reply as he looked anywhere but at Hakyeon.

 

Oh.

 

The latter was smiling once again. He quickly sat up from the bench, and the trio happily headed for the nearest ice cream shop. Hakyeon made a mental image of the smile Leo threw his way when Minyul grabbed his hand, so that they were all joined together.

 

The brown haired boy blushed, and grinned down at the smaller boy as he gripped his hand tightly.

 

Maybe Hakyeon won’t have to spend the day alone after all.

 

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

 

There was an unspoken agreement that all bets were off. Hakyeon didn’t bother asking why Jaehwan had ended it first, despite being the one who created it. There must have been a reason, but the brown haired boy wasn’t curious at all – because he was dealing with his own .

 

Jaehwan was extremely thankful, because he just wasn’t sure how he could explain his crush peeping on their co-worker showering. It took him a while (and a day of no sleep) to even process the fact. Still, all he was able to think was: What. The. . Even.

 

The chocolate haired boy sighed as he watched families with their kids slide down the water tube – dark circles (from the long clueless nights) under his eyes.

 

Even after Hongbin explained himself, Jaehwan still couldn’t understand.

 

 

“I have no excuse,” Hongbin muttered, his dark orbs attached to the cemented ground beneath him. “I’m a voyeur.”

 

Jaehwan’s face paled. “Do you…get off on it?” seemed like the right question – beyond the hundreds that could be asked.

 

A light flush took over Hongbin’s exposed, kissable porcelain skin. His tank top did little justice to one’s imagination. Jaehwan hated himself for noticing these little things.

 

“I do,” Hongbin responded, his voice barely audible, but enough for the other to hear.

 

It was Jaehwan’s turn to blush. He hadn’t expected a genuine reply. “Oh.”

 

A few suffocating seconds flew by before Hongbin’s nervous voice sliced through the silence. “Are you..going to tell anyone?”

 

Jaehwan flinched. “What? Of course not. I mean – it’s really none of my business so..”

 

Hongbin’s glistening orbs widened as he stared at the other. A faint grin quirked upon his petal-like lips. The mortification was still there, but Jaehwan’s words eased his nerves. “Thank you, Jaehwan. You’re a good person.”

 

 

And so, that day Jaehwan went home with tight lips, but loose ends.

 

He cursed himself for remembering the moments where Hongbin still seemed so beautiful.

 

Jaehwan didn’t understand the boy’s voyeuristic hobby at all – he was a little put off – mainly because the target of the kink was Kim-ing-Wonshik, someone Jaehwan could never really click with.

 

Reason for that is probably because both are as different as day and night.

 

T

Please log in to read the full chapter