Chapter 3

Jellyfish Waterpark
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sleeping at Jaehwan’s made it a lot easier for Hakyeon to wake up for work. His messy chocolate haired friend was his alarm, and made sure he wasn’t late again.

 

It was probably due to the strenuous exercise he did yesterday, but when Hakyeon lied down last night, he slept like a log. But he was wide awake now, as he walked alongside Jaehwan through the men’s locker room door. The fact that Wonshik and Hongbin were already there half with towels wrapped around their waists was just another wake up call for him.

 

Hakyeon bit his lip when he heard his best friend almost choke on his spit as they eyed the pair.

 

As the door shut, they were also noticed. Wonshik smiled and greeted them as he dried his hair with another towel. “Morning, guys.”

 

Hongbin gave a small grin, the top half of his body taking on a light pinkish tint, as if he was just under the hot water spray.

 

“Morning,” Hakyeon greeted back with a smile as he went to his assigned locker. It was a shame that it was at the end. Jaehwan seemed to have a of luck however, as it was beside Hongbin’s. Hakyeon bit back the fit of laughter that wanted to be heard as he noticed that his best friend couldn’t even look his locker mate in the eye.

 

“Did you two shower here?” Hakyeon asked curiously, opening his locker to find his gaudy uniform.

 

“Yeah,” Wonshik replied. “Just a quick wash up before the test.”

 

Hakyeon sighed. “Oh right, we have a test.”

 

Wonshik chuckled. “What? Did you forget? Does that mean you didn’t study?”

 

“Nope,” Hakyeon said. “I passed out yesterday after I had dinner.”

 

“Not like you would have studied anyways,” Jaehwan commented, knowing his friend.

 

Hakyeon shrugged. “I fail tests even if I do. This time I’ll just rely on my dumb luck.” Luck was what Cha Hakyeon did have. It was dumb, but it was still luck. He takes pride in it, as it was dumb luck that had gotten him out of high school.

 

“Don’t be like that,” Wonshik said softly. “I’ll study with you before the test, okay?” Hakyeon’s eyes went wide as a hand was then placed on his head, straightening the bed hair he didn’t bother to fix.

 

Hakyeon swallowed thickly and ran a glance over Wonshik’s still bare glistening body. He was so close, Hakyeon could see his muscles flex at the tiniest action. “O-Okay,” he nearly whimpered.

 

Wonshik removed his hand, still wearing his friendly smile as he walked back over to his locker. As they all quickly began to dress into their uniform, Hakyeon ignored the way Jaehwan gave him a smug smirk.

 

We’ll see who gets the last laugh, Lee Jaehwan.

 

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

 

The test had been surprisingly easy, but it still exceeded Hakyeon’s brain limit for the day. It was lunch now, and the trainees were allowed to eat something light before moving onto their next lesson at the pool.

 

So, Hakyeon and Jaehwan resided to the nearest vending machine outside the park. They both heaved a long sigh as they sat down opposite of each other at one of the conveniently placed picnic tables.

 

“I’m so done,” Hakyeon said, poking a straw through the banana milk he just bought. He sipped the refreshing drink, his taste buds being attacked by the familiar flavor. It was his favorite.

Please log in to read the full chapter