Chapter 4

Jellyfish Waterpark
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Lot of stuff was going on yesterday and my forgot to update, sorry about that...

 

It was the third and final day of the new recruit’s training. They had just finished, and Hakyeon was thanking the Heavens.

 

“Great work today everyone,” Hyuk smiled. “You’ve all worked hard. Now, you’re finally Jellyfish life guards, and will begin working tomorrow morning.”

 

“That means no slacking, or being late anymore,” Inguk added. Hakyeon held his tongue. He briefly wondered if he really should hide Inguk’s beloved whistle in the public restroom toilets. It was just a thought, of course.

 

Hyuk’s next words made him quickly discard it. “And since you all have done so well with your training, we have decided to gift you with a little treat. Tonight, we will be paying for a BBQ party.”

 

The groups of recruits were immediately pleased with their senior’s idea.

 

“Don’t be late, and with this, let’s all work hard for the rest of the summer.”

 

“Wow, the seniors are paying? I never expected that,” Jaehwan said. It was only after did he realize that the person he spoke to didn’t even listen. His friend, Hakyeon was staring off in a whole other direction. Jaehwan followed where his eyes were glued to. It was their three seniors, who had walked off to clean up the materials they were using for practice.

 

“Hey! What are you staring at?”

 

Hakyeon broke off his gaze to look at his brown haired friend. “What? Oh, nothing.”

 

Jaehwan didn’t believe it, but decided to drop it as they began walking to the locker room.

 

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

 

Hakyeon might be a little screwed. He hadn’t realized until earlier when he wasn’t listening to Jaehwan that his mind and eyes kept wandering the whole day. Where they were wandering to was – well – that’s the problem. The reason for such was none other than tall, lean, sharp eyed, cute , Leo.

 

The fact that the man was his senior around the park didn’t really help either. Hakyeon was curious, like a lot. He wanted to get to know Leo. He wanted to understand why he rarely spoke, and what was going on inside his head. He wanted to be friends with him, to be someone the raven haired man could trust. He wanted to touch him, maybe his hand, or something else. He wanted to monopolize him, to uncover that poker face, and watch his whole body turn a pretty shade of pink. Dear God, help Cha Hakyeon.

 

The boy didn’t seem to know what to do with himself as his eyes instinctively searched for the reason of his desire. With Jaehwan by his side, he and Hakyeon arrived at the party.

 

It was the senior’s decision to hold it at Hyuk’s family’s cabin. There was a rumor going around the park that the young man was the son of the people who owned the park. It was just a rumor, but after seeing the cabin, Hakyeon wasn’t so sure. It was a simple honeymoon lodge with a small pond in the back. Well – if you considered two-stories of wood and windows with sliding doors, and a decked out patio (plus the balcony upstairs) to be simple.

 

“Wow, maybe the rumors are true,” Jaehwan whistled.

 

Hakyeon shrugged. Before he could get a word in, two very familiar figures walked up beside the pair. It was Wonshik and Hongbin. They always seemed to be around each other.

 

“Damn, this is so nice,” Wonshik said in awe.

 

“Yeah, it’s very calming too,” Hongbin agreed. It was the most Hakyeon had heard the boy say since they met.

 

As the rest of the newly lifeguard group gathered, they were able to talk and get to know each other more than they did when training together. The diminished pressure seemed to take part in their mingling, as they had no worries. Thankfully, even Hakyeon wasn’t completely being a spaz around gorgeous Greek God - Kim Wonshik. No - his attention was only half into his co-worker’s conversations, as the other was glued to Leo. And lord have mercy did he look delicious.

 

The

Please log in to read the full chapter