Chapter 1

Jellyfish Waterpark
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Kudos to the people who subbed before the first chapter, you all rock! This fic is kinda messy, but I hope you'll stick around till the end. ^ ^

*Anyways, hope you enjoy!

 

Opening his eyes, Hakyeon suddenly sat up quickly in a drowsed state. He cursed at himself when he looked at the clock. He was late, and Jaehwan was definitely going to kill him. Getting out of bed, Hakyeon rushed to his closet, grabbing everything he needed and stuffing them into a black duffle bag. He quickly put on a pair of basketball shorts, not caring about changing out of the shirt or briefs he wore last night. Patting down his bedhead, he jolted downstairs, slipped on his sneakers, and ran out of his apartment. There was really no time to waste.

 

When he raced to the bus stop Hakyeon thanked God that the bus was there. Seriously lucky, he thought, as he ran to the bus and hopped inside. The bus driver gave him a frown but he shrugged it off with a smile. Hakyeon walked down the bus and sat in an available seat in the back. After catching his breath, he his phone, and not so surprisingly there were over 15 missed messages and over 5 missed calls, all from Jaehwan.

 

June 7, 2017 11:58 AM

Really Hakyeon???? It's the first day and you're already late?? -JH

 

June 7, 2017 12:04 PM

Hey!! Answer my calls!!!!

 

June 7, 2017 12:09 PM

Hakyeon please >_<*

 

Hakyeon couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at his friend's pleas, which led to a couple of people giving him strange looks.

 

June 7, 2017 12:28 PM

Just got on the bus I'm heading there now ^^ -HY

 

Hakyeon sighed, sending the text. He felt bad that he was giving Jaehwan such a hard time. But he couldn't help it. After school ended and summer started, Hakyeon became really lazy. He started staying up all night and sleeping in all day, completely wrecking his sleep schedule. And waking up with the objective of going to work wasn’t exactly the biggest motivation.

 

Combing through his messy brown locks with his hand, Hakyeon only hopes that the day could go well.

 

                                                                                           ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼                                                                                            

 

As he walked through the tall yellow gates, Hakyeon was already sweating. The sun was beaming brightly and the heat was especially suffocating today. Hakyeon looked around the wide park, watching people laugh as they swam and splashed around. He glanced at the pools that looked deep, clear, and very tempting. Swallowing dryly, Hakyeon looked at the groups of people who enjoyed their refreshing swim in envy.

 

Suddenly, he could hear his name being called from far away. He turned to find Jaehwan running over to him with a not so happy expression. He flinched as the other put him in a headlock. "Ah! Hey Jaehwan!" he yelled out in pain. Letting Hakyeon go, Jaehwan instead grabbed the boy by his arm and dragged him down a long corridor, away from wandering spectators.

 

After they entered one of the many rooms, Jaehwan let Hakyeon go and crossed his arms. Hakyeon rubbed his arm, looking at it to see if there were any bruises.

 

"Hey!" Jaehwan yelled loudly, making the other cover one of his ears. "Why are you so late? You were supposed to be here hours ago!"

 

Hakyeon waited silently as the other scolded him. He apologized and explained why he was late to the other, using a little aegyo because he knew Jaehwan was weak to it. After his best friend sighed, his angry expression left his face, thankfully for Hakyeon. It was a really rare sight to see Jaehwan mad at anything. Usually everything was a joke, to both Jaehwan and Hakyeon.

 

However, the latter knew that this job as a lifeguard wasn't a joke. That's why

Please log in to read the full chapter