Lurking In The Dark Forest

love dusted (a complicated fairy tale) || jikook

 

[Jimin] 

 

After a delightful supper,Hoseok,Taehyung,and I settle to leave for the night.We didn't pack much things but Jungkook notice my departure.

 

"Are you going somewhere,hyung?" He ask,looking through all my stuffs then back at me.

I hesitantly meet his gaze and try to act natural by continuing my packing.

"Y-Yeah."

"And Hoseok hyung and Taehyungie hyung are coming with you?"

"Yes."

"Okay,where are you going then?"

Goddamnit Jungkook!

"We're... W-We're uhm... we're gonna–"

"-collect foods!" Taehyung back me up and I sigh and relief.

"And teach Greenwings (fairies) to fly." Hoseok added.

Jungkook slowly nod his head.He step forward and close the gap between us as he gave me a hug.It was just an innocent hug.

"Goodluck then.I'll be waiting for you tomorrow." 

I let myself distracted by his scent that blooms spring water and plum roses as my arms didn't hesitate to reciprocate the hug.

 

"Ehem." And Hoseok had just to ruin the beautiful moment.

Jungkook pull away too quickly with a shy smile and a blush painting both of his cheeks. 

"Jimin,we should move while the moon is still up." Hoseok announce and I nod my head as a respond.

 

Jungkook walks us until the doorway and I let Hoseok and Taehyung fly ahead.

Hoseok just shrug and open his wings that are a brilliant emerald.Taehyung follow him after.His wings were a color of green and mostly yellow, golden yellow that looks absolutely stunning to his brown tanned skin and fair blond hair.

"You will be back by morning?" I turn my attention back to Jungkook seeing him care for me more than a brother would.

I tease my fingers through his purple locks,brushing it to the side of his face.

"I'll be early than you know."

I linger my attention to his blooming and smiling face,pondering about him being mine in just a simple drop of a love potion.Half of it makes me feel guilty but—he wouldn't mind right?

 

I bid to him once more before flapping my wing and float myself in the air and trail beside Hoseok.We were already a distance away from our house in just a few minutes.

"Now what?" I ask.

Hoseok stare at the sky so I follow his gaze to find a large moon above us with a shades of blue.It walks ahead of us.

"Now,we follow the moon.It'll lead us to our destination."

"Are you sure?"

"Nope.But it's worth a try."

I exhale deeply.

I think it will be worth my try.

 

 

 

 

 

"Ha!The Dark Forest!" Taehyung gasp and we all look up to see tall trees towering us.

I swallow the fear invading my body yet it kept coming back.

"You're right,Jimin.This is a bad idea.Maybe we should—"

"No!" Hoseok was about to finish his words but I cut him off. "We made this far.We can't go back now."

"But it's the Dark Forest!There's Goblins lurking in the shadows.Do you want your head to get eaten?!"

I grimace at the image and feel myself shiver in fear.

"I'm sure we could sneak in without passing to the Goblins.Come on,we're wasting time."

I don't know what courage came out to me but I was happy with it.

 

I started to fly deeper into the Dark Forest and Hoseok and Taehyung had no choice but to follow me.

"Hoseokie,I'm scared." I heard Taehyung whisper and cling onto Hoseok's left arm for dear life.

"Me too,Tae.Me too."

I sigh and glance at the sky seeing the moon peeking out from the leaves of the trees.

I hope you're not against us,Moon.

 

 

 

In a place where there are surrounded by lily flowers.So white and a sweet fragrance.I almost forgot we're in the Dark Forest.

"Jimin,look." I turn my head towards Hoseok,seeing him pointing something particular in front of us.

I follow his finger and saw a shelter mostly made up of woods and leaves.There were bright lights passing through the open window making it noticeable through the dark environment. 

 

"Is that it?" Taehyung ask,not taking his eyes off the house.

I look up the sky and saw the moon begin hiding through the mist of thick clouds. 

"I think we're in the right path.Come on."

 

Hoseok and Taehyung follow me to the door.I look at them and saw them nod.I gulp and rap my fist to the door,knocking in process.

We became still for a while but no one ever answer.

I knock again,this time a little louder yet no one ever respond.

 

"You know what,let's just get inside."

Taehyung lead the way as he gently push the door open and we proceed inside.

It's just like any other house where a fairy could dwell,but it seemed to be no one inside.

 

"Hello?" I called out. "Hel--"

"Sshh." Hoseok put a finger on my lips to shush me.

"Do you hear that?"

"Hear wha--" I pause mid sentence when my ears twitch to an unfamiliar sound.There were buzzing,and whizzling and such.

"The sound is coming this way." Hoseok softly whisper and point to the hallway.

 

With light steps,we walk through the corridor and follow the strange sound.

Going nearer,we begin to hear humming.

 

We ceased in front of an open door and hide through the wall.From the floor,we see shadow of a man cheerfully humming an unfamiliar tune.

 

I glance at Hoseok. "We barged on 3..." He mouthed and show three of his fingers. "..2...1!"

 

 

"AHH!"

 

 

"AHHH!WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SCREAMING?!"

 

The three of us pause and examine another fairy standing in front of us.He has layered dark brunette hair.Flower crown above his head and lily flower petals as clothing.His eyes are big and green.Lips are fat and plump.He has this incredible beauty that can make your gaze craves for his fabulous face all day. 

 

"I know I'm that beautiful but I hope you don't plan on staring at me for the entire time."

I snap out of thoughts and nudge Hoseok and Taehyung on the side. 

"ehem..Are you--"

"My name is Lily Jin,maker of magic potions.Everyone knows me." He snort.

 

When he knows we have no plans on talking,he decided to spill the beans.

"So,what are you looking for?Do you want some Ageing Potion? it will turn you into various ages.Or the Drink of Despair,a potion that puts the taker in extreme pain.How 'bout my most bought potion,the Flesh Eating Slug Repellent."

He started to blabber while going to his station where I guess potions are made.There were lots of different hues of potions as it sparks everywhere.

When Lily Jin turn around,I notice his wings were a transparent glowing white.Simple,but pretty.

 

I glance over Hoseok seeing him looking at me also.

Lily Jin keep advertising us some of his potions but he never utter what we were looking for.

"Uh,actually,we have something in mind.We need your love potion." 

That sentence was the only thing to make his stop onto whatever he was doing.He flash his eyes towards us and I gulp at the strong vibe in his looks.

He crawl to our direction and examine each of us tree.

"Who needs the love potion?"

Hoseok and Taehyung turn their heads at me and I shiver from their gazes.

"M-Me."

Lily Jin direct a smirk at me. "You do know what your requesting is dangerous,right?Love has always been dangerous.Who are you gonna use it though?"

"T-There's this friend of mine.We've known each other for so long and I started to grow feelings for him.Unlucky for me,he doesn't feel the same way."

Lily Jin walk back to his station and begin tracing his fingers to his potion bottles. 

"I had a customer once,and he ask for the same thing."

"Did the potion worked?"

He gave me a look. "Of course it worked!My potion never fail everyone...But do you know what exactly happened?"

"W-What?" I stutter.

"He got the wrong person.Instead,a frog got the potion.And now,he had a frog to his tail.After that faithful day,no one has ever order a love potion to me.So,I'm really suprise to hear you want one."

I swallowed hard,perhaps a bit difficult.What if something like that happens to me also?Would I let a frog fall in love with me?

I shudder at the thought.

 

"Back to the real intention!You said you want me to make you a love potion right?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes."

Lily Jin smile which eases me a little. "Since you look like a nice guy and I can tell you really love this friend of yours,your wish is my command."

Then the Magic starts. 

 

 

 

"Here you go." Lily Jin was about to hand me the bottle of the love potion when he quickly retract it back.

"Oh wait,I forgot one last thing." Then he kiss it.The bottle sparkles in pink and hand it to me.

I stare at it in awe.

"Woah,I wanna touch it--"

"No." I pull the bottle away from Taehyung's view and grasp it with both of my hands. "Remember,we need to be careful.Thank you,Lily Jin." I bow to the fairy as he did the same.

 

He walk us until the doorway. "Wait,I forgot one more thing."

I look back. "What is it?"

"You should remember this words,Sprinkle the dust on him,stand in front,and be the first one he sees."

"Sprinkle the dust on him,stand in front,and be the first one he sees.Got it!Thank you,bye!" I begin to flap my wings as I wave my hand to him till he ran out of our sight.