Im Young Min (1) -- What's Your Name?

Produce 101 season 2 imagines~

(This is the top choice so far for the poll of who you guys want to see in my next imagine, so here you go~!)

40 - 42. The girls were beating the boys again, thanks to (Y/N). 

She smiled at the cheering crowd of girls, then scored.

She stole the ball again from a lanky boy, then realized that she was surrounded by five other male players.

Dribbling was easy. Passing wasn't, when no one was paying attention. The only problem with being in a girls vs. boys team in basketball was that some girls were too busy drooling over the boys, particularly one gorgeous boy by the name of--oh, she couldn't remember. (Y/N) was the champion athlete around here, but she wasn't one for great memory.

"Over here!" Chaeyeon, an enthusiastic rookie in the I.O.I. basketball team, waved her arms. (Y/N) passed it to her with a sigh of relief. At least someone was paying attention to the ball!

That was when a blond boy from the opposite team elbowed Chaeyeon's side, slamming her to the ground.

"Hey!" (Y/N) yelled out in indignance. "How dare you--"

A hurting Chaeyeon had to restrain (Y/N) from punching the boy in the face. Thank God he was being scolded by the teammates. They immediately switched him for a different player--a red-haired boy. Right! This boy was the one all the girls fangirled and fought over. 

(Y/N) scored the free shot, ready to take revenge for Chaeyeon.

But this red-haired boy was way too good at the game. He immediately scored a three-pointer, then later executed a perfect dunk shot. Okay, this was unfair. How was she supposed to beat a boy who was literally 6 feet tall and who had perfect form and techniques?

She tailed him, stealing the ball from him and bringing it all the way back to the opposite team's hoop. She couldn't dunk shot like this red-haired boy, but she sure could make a three-pointer. Tiptoeing, she aimed for the perfect circle above the hoop and it went through. 

50 - 43. They were still losing, but winning was still possible.

But the red-haired boy was unstoppable. His dunk shoots and three-pointers were endless, and he was too tall for (Y/N) to reach.

That was when the whistle blew, and (Y/N) realized that they had lost.

"Good game, girls," she encouraged her teammates, then shook hands with the boys. As she was walking away with her gym bag, a hand tapped her shoulder. She turned around to face the red-haired boy that had made all of those dunk shots.

"How do you stay on your toes for that long?" he grinned.

She shrugged. "I honestly just force myself, since I'm not as tall as some players." 

"Haha, you still make the shots though!" He smiled at her, hoping she couldn't notice his nervousness. "You did...amazing."

"Thanks." She raised an eyebrow, trying to squeeze out a name from her brain. Young...something. Young-shik? Young-Gook? No. "I'm sorry, but what's your name?"

His eyes drooped in disappointment. "You don't...remember my name?" 

"I'm sorry." (Y/N) felt a pang of guilt. After all, her team and his team played against each other every week, and it was already the end of a semester. That's right, she couldn't memorize his name for a whole semester.

"Youngmin." He grinned again, this time a little less confidently. "Im Youngmin." 

"Wait...do you know my name?" she asked.

"(Y/N)," he said without a hint of hesitation. "You're the star player." 

"Oh...right." She gave him an embarrassed smile. 

"And your jersey." 

"Right. And hey, I want a rematch!" (Y/N) exclaimed. "I'm going to try to beat you." 

Youngmin stared at her, trying not to break out into a sweat right in front of her. Gosh, she was still so gorgeous after a game, when she was in a simple jersey and wide basketball shorts. And she, the basketball star, was asking him for a rematch? Thank goodness that he had practiced his basketball moves all week. "Yeah, that sounds fun!"

"Okay, cool! Wanna meet after school on Monday?" 

Today was...Friday, right? So three days....of torturous waiting and butterflies in his stomach. "Sure."

 

On Monday, Youngmin woke up at 5 A.M. just to figure out which clothes would be just right. Well, of course, they couldn't be too formal, because they were just going to play basketball...he finally decided on a red hoodie and gray basketball shorts.

He waited for her after school, and walked her to the basketball courts. 

"I'm so excited....umm....what was your name again?" (Y/N) asked. "I'm super super sorry, I've been studying for finals and I haven't been in my right mind." 

"Im Youngmin," he said. "It's fine." 

The rest of the time was spent in laughter and playing basketball--although of course, Youngmin was smitten by her and yet afraid that she really had zero interest in him. Why else would she always forget his name?

"Tomorrow, wanna hang out again? Maybe you can teach me how to dunk shoot."

Youngmin nodded. It was torture to have your crush right next to you and have her want to spend time with you, yet not remember your name.

 

Tuesday.

"What's your name again?" 

Sigh. 

(Y/N) smiled to herself. It was a joke now. She now loved the name "Youngmin". She thought it was the handsomest name in the world--because yes, she was starting to have a crush on him, too. It was just so funny to see him try to introduce himself to her every single day, in such a flustered, fake-casual way. 

 

The week went by, with constant introductions, basketball-playing, and, of course, crushes. 

On Friday, Youngmin swiftly swiped the ball from (Y/N)'s fingers.

"Hey!" She yelled. "That's not fair!" 

He laughed and made another perfect shot. "Jealous much?"

"Yeah, right....what's your name again?" Her eyes twinkled.

That was the last straw. Youngmin dropped the ball and immediately sat on the ground, his expression darkened with worry. The sudden movement shocked (Y/N).

"Hey, what's going on?" She sat beside him.

"Youngmin. My name is Youngmin." He closed his eyes. "Am I that forgettable?"

"No!" She gasped. "That's not what I meant..."

"Then why do you forget my name all the time?"

"I don't, I was just joking..."

"Why would you joke about that?"

(Y/N) felt another pang of guilt and blurted out, "Because it's cute."

His jaw dropped.

She stood up and picked up the ball, passing it to him. "I like you."

Youngmin stared at her. This couldn't possibly be happening in real life, could it?

He slapped himself.

"Why are you--"

"I thought I was dreaming." He laughed. "I can't believe it. I like you, too, (Y/N)." 

(Y/N) smiled with both relief and excitement. "Really?"

He nodded. "And don't worry about forgetting my name anymore, because you can just call me oppa."