Bae Jinyoung (1) -- "Us"

Produce 101 season 2 imagines~

Requested by @exobts19

 

(Y/N) walked into the classroom and immediately smiled.

On her desk was a bag full of mochi and a small carton of strawberry milk--as always. They were her favorite snacks and she was ever so grateful. She wasn’t sure how, but she was certain some sort of fairy was watching over her and supplying her with delicious treats every school day. It was pretty much the highlight of her days.

She looked up to see Bae Jinyoung, the boy that sat to her left, immediately look away. “Hey, want some mochi?”

He met her eyes and blushed, then shook his head. “I’m okay.”

“Okay.” She turned to her right, where Park Jihoon was sitting. “Umm...do you want some of the mochi?”

Jihoon grinned at her, leaning closer to her without any hint of embarrassment. “Sure.”

She handed him two, and their fingers brushed past each other. He winked at her and she had to admit--he was beautiful.

“Thanks, gorgeous,” the boy said.

She pretended not to hear it, knowing that Jinyoung was probably listening. “Do you know who’s giving these snacks?”

“Guess,” Jihoon said, winking again just to see her reaction once more.

Jinyoung stared at both of them, forgetting to close his mouth. What was going on?

“Jinyoung, do you have something to say?” Mrs. Park, the teacher, asked as she entered the classroom.

Surprised, he shook his head wildly.

“Are you sure? Do you have anything?”

Eyes on the ground, he mumbled, “No, ma’am.”

Jihoon wrote something on a pink slip of paper before air-nudging (Y/N), who then took the note. Her eyes widened and she held a hand over to hide a smile. Jinyoung wished his eyes were antennas--so he could somehow see what was written inside.

She then wrote something back and lightly passed it to him. The two exchanged amused looks before the teacher caught them.

“(Y/N) and Jihoon, please keep your flirting outside of the classroom,” Mrs. Park said.

Everyone in the class laughed, except for Jinyoung, who was trying not to fume inside.

Yes, he was head-over-heels for (Y/N). And yes, he was the one that secretly left her favorite food for her in case she was ever feeling down, tired, or hungry. Jihoon, Jinyoung’s best friend, already knew about the latter’s huge crush on (Y/N). Honestly, it was way too obvious. The shy boy had his eyes on her for every second she wasn’t looking, so the entire class pretty much knew, too.

So why were the two of them flirting? Of course, Park Jihoon was really popular. Even as a best friend, Jinyoung had to admit it. Besides, all of his fangirls already told the story. And, of course, everyone had a right to choose who they liked. But could Jihoon possibly like (Y/N), too? Or worse, did she like him?

He decided that he would be happy for them both. He’d probably be the first to comment, “Congratulations” when their social media statuses would switch from “Single” to “In a Relationship” or when his feed would be filled with their cute couple photos. Gosh, they’d probably wear matching outfits and share drinks with each other and--

Yes, he was overreacting, but that was Bae Jinyoung’s specialty.

At lunchtime, the two best friends fist-bumped and smiled at each other.

“Hey, wanna grab some pizza together?” Jinyoung asked, knowing how much his friend loved pizza.

Jihoon shook his head. “Actually, I’m eating with (Y/N).”

His face fell. “Oh.”

Jihoon lightly patted his friend’s shoulder. “Sorry. Tomorrow, I promise, let’s eat pizza together. Okay?”

“But--but--we’re having pasta tomorrow,” Jinyoung began, but it was too late. (Y/N) and he were already walking together to line up.

Was he going to lose his best friend and his crush on the same day?

He sat at a table behind them, where they were laughing and joking with each other. Jinyoung drank ten glasses of ice water by himself, not knowing how else to soothe the burning hot sensation that he was feeling inside.

When he got home, his eyes were watery. His forehead and insides were burning up.

“You did what?” His mother screamed, when she touched his forehead.

“I drank ten glasses of ice water in two minutes…” he admitted.

“What were you thinking?!”

He was immediately in bed. At least tomorrow, he wouldn’t have to feel as much pain in his heart. Wait...but what if Jihoon confessed to (Y/N)? He immediately sat up in his bed but was forced back down by his mom.

The next day, (Y/N) stared at Jinyoung’s empty seat--then at her own desk, which was also equally empty.

“Where’s Jinyoung?” she asked Jihoon.

“He’s sick. His mom called me.” He stared at her, as if watching her reaction.

What?! Hopefully he was okay. Worry filled her mind until she couldn’t stand it. What if he was really sick? She already missed seeing his smiling, shy, absolutely breathtaking face--as well as his kind and sweet personality. Yes, she was also in love with Bae Jinyoung--who wasn’t?

First no Jinyoung, now no food?

“Here’s his address, and the key’s under the doormat,” Jihoon said, handing it to her. “After talking to you so much yesterday, I realized how much you like him. So you both have my blessing--just make sure I’m the best man at your wedding.”

“Thanks!” And as soon as school ended, she made some chicken noodle soup and raced to his house. Sure enough, the key was beneath the doormat.

She heard someone sneezing from upstairs and followed the sound until she saw him on his bed with a now burning-hot, dry towel.

He jumped in surprise and immediately tried to hide his used tissues, his cheeks burning with embarrassment.

She took his towel and soaked it in water before putting it back on his crimson, steaming face. Then she fed him the soup, both of them trying not to show how flustered they were.

“I’ll get you some water,” she said, and proceeded to look for the fridge. She opened it and was face-to-face with a whole package of her favorite mochi and three rows of strawberry milk cartons--the exact same as the ones that were always on her desk…

“(Y/N)!” He was behind her, as if he had suddenly realized something and had rushed out of his room.

“Is this…” she began. “Is this what I think it is?”

He nodded. “But I know you like Jihoon, and--”

“Wait! Who said I like Jihoon?”

He stammered, “W-well you guys were always together and he winked at you…”

She laughed. “He was winking at me because he was teasing me--for not knowing who was giving me the food. He kept on saying I had a secret admirer…”

His cheeks reddened again. That Park Jihoon! At least he wasn’t actually flirting with her, then.

“And he supports us.” She smiled at him.

“‘Us’?” he repeated.

She kissed his cheek. “Yes, ‘us’.”