Kang Daniel (1)

Produce 101 season 2 imagines~

"Noona!!" Baby Woojin ran to (Y/N), who had her arms outstretched, hugging her.
"Hi, Woojin!" She hugged him back tightly, not noticing another grinning boy next to them. Kang Daniel.
He smiled as he watched the two of them play and joke around. (Y/N) had always been the sweetest person alive. It was pretty much impossible to hate her. She hadn't changed a bit--she was still the same, beautiful and kind.
"Hi, Daniel," she said shyly.
"Hey!" He gave a small wave, as Woojin was still engulfed in her arms.
"I brought presents for you guys," she said, bringing out two boxes. 
Woojin excitedly tore his package open, revealing a denim jacket. He squealed and immediately put it on, marveling at the fit.
Daniel opened his own carefully, taking care not to rip the wrapping paper because he knew that they had been wrapped by (Y/N)'s loving hands. Out came a leather jacket, with small studs on the shoulders and looking altogether gorgeous.
He put it on for (Y/N), who he knew was watching him to see his reaction. It fit him to perfection, accentuating his broad shoulders and emphasizing his manliness. "It's amazing."
(Y/N) clapped. "Yay!!"
"Do I...look good in it?" Daniel asked carefully.
"Y-yes..." (Y/N) looked away, trying not to blush. He looked gorgeous, but she wasn't sure if it was okay to say that. 
Daniel ran his hands through his hair. It was probably time to put Woojin to sleep. "Okay, good night, (Y/N). Hey, umm...do you want to have breakfast with us tomorrow morning?" 
"Yes, I'd love to..." She hoped her voice didn't sound too eager. "And good night."
"Good night!!" Woojin yelled, although he wanted to complain. For some reason, he understood that something slightly suspicious was going on between his two favorite people.
Daniel tossed and turned in his bed that night, trying not to think of (Y/N) so much. She was beautiful...just as she had been so many years ago. They had been neighbors, and baby Woojin had truly been a baby then. Now, he was thirteen--when he had been only five years old. Of course, Daniel had crushed on (Y/N) since then, and that crush had not gone away for a single moment. She had gone to California for eight years and was finally back.

The next day, (Y/N) woke up and dressed quickly in black jeans and a flannel. She rang the doorbell to the house next door, and was greeted by a smiling Daniel. She burst out laughing.
"Why, what's up?" He asked, until she pointed at the apron he was wearing: pink, with green polka dots. 
"It looks so lovely on you." 
"Thanks, I know." And he was back to making pancakes.
(Y/N) got the silverware from the drawers--everything was exactly as it had been eight years ago. The smell of blueberry pancakes was so strong...
"Woojin loves you," Daniel said. "He was so happy to see you yesterday."
"Aww, me too," (Y/N) replied. 
Daniel himself had been so ecstatic about seeing her, but he was too shy to mention this fact. So was (Y/N).
"I think he loves me more, still," Daniel joked.
"What?" She pretended to be shocked and outraged. "Woojin loves me most!" 
He raised an eyebrow. "Wanna bet?"
"I'll take the challenge." She grinned. "Loser buys ice cream."
"Awesome."
As if on cue, Woojin came out from his room, rubbing his eyes. "Is that pancake I smell?"
They all laughed and feasted on the glorious pancakes that Daniel had made.

"Let's go out," Daniel said. He went into his room to change out of the apron. Woojin followed him like an adorable puppy.
"Daniel, can I borrow your leather jacket?" He asked.
"I'm sorry, but no..." 
"Why not?" Woojin whined.
Daniel sighed. "I would give you anything else in the world, but (Y/N) gave it to me, and it's the only thing that truly is mine. You know how much I...I...care about (Y/N). I'm sorry."
Woojin's eyes sparkled in spite of his own disappointment. Ooh yes, Daniel totally liked noona.
Daniel slipped on the leather jacket and piggybacked Woojin out, feeling sorry and completely clueless to Woojin's actual thoughts.

"So...do you like Daniel more, or me more?"
Woojin hesitated. "I like........"
The two stared at the boy.
"....Daniel."
Daniel watched (Y/N)'s face, which was covered in disappointment but weakly hidden by a small smile. 
"Yay, Daniel! I'll buy the ice cream," (Y/N) said, but Daniel stopped her and paid for her, insisting that it was okay.
Woojin suddenly said, "I have to go to the restroom. And I'm just gonna finish my homework." And he ran back to the house, hoping that it didn't sound too awkward.


(Y/N) her ice cream absentmindedly until she saw him staring at her. "What?"
"That's mine...you're eating my ice cream. Mine is chocolate, yours is vanilla."
Oh. "Oops...sorry." 
"It's fine." Daniel's eyes didn't leave her. He watched her shiver a little and immediately put the leather jacket on her. 
"Umm...Daniel?" 
"Yes?"
She braced herself. "I missed you."
And everything changed. Daniel's arms were around her in a second, pulling her towards him until there was no more space between them. The ice cream didn't matter, the years that had gone by didn't matter, it was just the two of them.
"I missed you too, (Y/N)," he murmured. "And I'm still in love with you." 
"Gosh, I'm so glad I'm back."
"And I'm so glad you're mine."