Chapter 8

[Secret Crush]

Chapter 8


Taeyeon's POV

Breathe in, breathe out.

You can do this Taeyeon.

I am on my way to the venue for MAMA 2016.

The last day where I can see him again.

The last day where I can work with him again.

But still, everything that happened was nothing and we are just friends.

The car stopped and I stepped out of it, as usual, there are the press and there are fans who are waiting for me cheering for me, taking a picture and video of me, waving at me. They still make me feel happy even after all of the things that are happening to me.

I smiled at them and waved at them, I hope they will like my performance tonight, plus my collaboration with GD tonight.

I arrived at the stage and started posing for the press and smiled at them.

Continuing my walk, I got startled because the fans were unexpectedly met with GD going out of his private car.

The fans started shouting and saying "Oh? I thought YG is not going to send their artist here in MAMA?"

"WAAAAHHHH OPPPAAAAAA!"

"So handsome oppa!"

The ladies started to shout and fans are eager to take a picture of him.

I ignored it and then went inside of the venue.

When I arrived at my waiting area I changed my clothes and then wore a simple burgundy asymmetrical lace cocktail dress, paired with mysilver colored Jimmy Choo oslo shoes, with my tied in a bun with a messy effects in it.

While waiting for the event to start I passed my time by scrolling in my phone, the news of GD attending MAMA 2016 has already reached a hot topic in Korea and even around the world since he is known all around the world.

Many people started commenting asking what he is doing here and some people telling that maybe he is a surpise guest and will be playing one of their songs alone.

They ain't wrong though.

There was a knock on my door then my manager opened it. 

"The event will now be starting please come now, Taeyeon-sshi."

"Ah, thank you. I'll be going now." I told the event coordinator then stood up to go to the artists zone, many idols are already there some stood up and then bowed at me, and I also greeted them.


The event was and there were many performances that was performed before it was my turn, I already went to the backstage to get ready.

"Here we go now, Taeyeon-sshi, I hope you do not stutter again." G-dragon told me while we are getting fixed.

I laughed at him and shook my head, "Tayanaji, this is a real performance now, and I will make sure that the people here will be awed and shocked." I told him confidently.

This is the night where we will be showcasing what we have been practising for how many weeks, and after those practices we became just friends yesterday.

"I hope your fans do not attack me after this." I looked at him incredulously, "They won't, they will be appreciating it, it is your song and people will still like you. I just hope that your fans won't attack me though." It was his turn to look at me like that he shook his head and laughed, "They are kind, this is a performance not as if we are dating." After that sentence was dropped, both of us just laughed.

See, your crush can also be your friend, even though he is going out with somebody else.

"Okay, let's show them GD-sshi."

With that I went to the platform that will raise me.

When the platform is raising the guitar intro was now playing, when I reached the top the spotlight turned to me then I sang the first note,

She is leaving
And I can’t do anything
Love is leaving
Like a fool, I’m blankly standing here

Isn't it ironic that I am singing this song? I need to think that someone who I love is leaving me, and he gave up on me.

I looked at the camera projecting a melancholic face and closed my eyes.

I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times. I remember you

I looked once again at the camera and looked down.


Jiyong's POV

While the instrument is being played I can hear the fans murmur, then they started cheering at her when the spotlight turned to her.

People cannot see me being raised on the another platform.

So when the other spotlight revealed me all of them are shouting.

Then I sang the chorus.

IF YOU IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

Thinking of my inspiration and reminiscing the days wherein I was suddenly strucked by inspiration while writing this song made the audience sing with me in the chorus.

Then I looked at Taeyeon, then she looked at me, but we did not meet in the middle instead,  we went to the stage in front.

While she sings at the next verse.

How about you?
Are you really fine?
Guess our break up is setting
I should forget you but it’s not easy

I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times. I remember you

 

While we are walking towards the front stage where we can get close to the audience, some fans are screaming, and cheering for us. Waving their light sticks, while some of them turned if off.

Taeyeon's voice really resonated and I can hear her sweet voice.

With the melancholic emotion and sweet voice being combined made me glad that this is the song we chose to sing.

After her performance with Rain it made her more sorrowful with this song.

When we reached the front stage we looked at each other again, and sang the chorus part.

IF YOU IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

While we are looking at each other I tried to add some movements so that it would really feel like we are lovers trying to communicate with each other.

So, I got closer to her.

She looked at me and also did the same.

On days where thin rain falls like today
I remember your shadow
Our memories that I secretly put in my drawer
I take them out and reminisce again by myself

The fan's cheers got louder as I got closer to her.

When I reached out my hsnd to touch her I stopped it when it was almost inches before I got to touch her face, when she saw my hand she got my intention so she turned her head away, away from my hand and she turned her back at me, so that some fans won't attack anyone of us, and also have a sad effect that we cannot be together anymore since the song is all about break up. 

Why didn’t I know – About the weight
of sadness that comes with breaking up?

After she turned away, I sang those lines.

There was a dramatic pause before we started to sing the chorus part.

So, I tried to make her face me by touching her shoulders, then she turned around to face me, looking sorrowful and hurt.

IF YOU IF YOU (If you~ if you~)

If it’s not too late (Not too late)

I once again tried to touch her face, and she leaned on it. While she sang her parts, she looked at me and for the first time, it made me think that she does not want to part with me. It made me feel like we really are breaking up, made me feel like we are lovers.

Can’t we get back together? (We get back together)

IF YOU IF YOU (If you~ if you~)

She parted with me, walking away with me while I just stood at my place looking at her, reaching my hands at her so that she won't go.

If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

After the song ended we both looked down to show that we are affected by it.

The fans cheered so loud after the last note.


Taeyeon's POV

After singing the last note we both looked down to show that we are sad, and the audience cheered for us even after the song.

Sigh, it is now finished.

Our stage, our practices and those times I steal glances from him are now done.

When we got back to the backstage G-dragon approached me, "Congratulations, we finished the song properly, with the audience's cheers I think they liked it."

I smiled at him then said a congratulations also, "Congratulations, as expected from you G-dragon-sshi so professional hahaha."

"Not really, all of the team did it to support our collaboration and truthfully, I am glad that I got to work with you Taeyeon-sshi."

Waaaaaaaaahhhhh! He said he would like to work with me again! WAAAAAAAAHHHHH 

This is no good!

I told myself that this crush would end!

But theeeeen, ugh!

G-dragon-sshi you are a playboy!

So I laughed at him.

"Same with me, G-dragon-sshi. I hope that there will be more projects for us to collaborate more."

We went to the artists zone and sat there waiting for the others to be finished and for the event to finish.

When they were announcing who will be the best female artist SONE's are already shouting and cheering for me.

G-dragon-sshi who is sitting next to me was trying to cheer for me also, "It would be you, Taeyeon-sshi" 

"No, there is a possibility that it is not-" I was suddenly cut off when they mentioned my name.

So the camera went to me and they showed my face, I stood up and smiled for the camera.

I bowed down to all of the artists that I am going to pass by, what? I though I was not gonna win this, there are other artists which is a good singer like Lee Hi, so while walking towards the mic and MCs I got overjoyed that it made me like I wanna cry.

I gave my speech, "Firstly, I was very happy to sing so many songs this year. I really want to thank all of the staff who always helps me work on good songs, and our fans, who always search for my voice, I think it's all because of you I can sing for a long time. I won't forget and I'll become a Taeyeon who continuously repay you with music. Thank you." Before I get carried away by my emotions and cry I ended my speech then went back down to give my trophy to the event organizer.

When I went back to my chair, there were idols who congratulated me, even G-dragon-sshi congratulated me once again.


After the event, there will be a party, since it is only me, I have decided not to attend there. My girls are not beside me so there will be no use for me to attend.

When I went back to my hotel room, I got so many messages from the girls asking me how was the collaboration with G-dragon-sshi.

"Sigh, these ladies are sooooo persistent." I laughed at them, while getting inside my room then I decided to reply to them later and washed my body first.

When I got back to my bed, I saw a message from Tiffany.

Tiffany:

Waah! Boo! I saw the articles! I saw it live! You! Are! So! Amazing! You really did a great job! Jjang! Taenguuu jjang!

Then attached to her message is the link of an article talking about my collaboration with G-dragon-sshi.

When I read it.

It talked about how amazing we portrayed a breaking up couple in the song and on how we acted it out.

To be honest some of the movements that happened were not practiced just like the way I walked away from him, as if really breaking up with him.

That was just an impromptu.

I guess, some of them really liked it.

Next was from Sunny,

Sunny:

Yah! Kim Taeyeon! I never knew you could act like that kkkkkk But still congrats!

I replied to them telling them that I miss them so bad because I am so alone in the event.

The never ending barter from me and TIffany never get too old.

Tiffany:

Really? It looks like you were enjoying *wink *wink

To Tiffany:

Yah. I was not, because you guys were not there. Aigooooooo Fany-ah.

Tiffany:

Aigoo~ our baby leader is soooo cute kkkkkk you should rest now. It has been a long day for you boo.

To Tiffany:

Arrasseo umma, Gomawo. Good night!

With that I got ready for bed then slept like a baby.


x

So, hi guys! This is Chapter 7.

I hope you guys liked it!

What do you want to see in the next chapter?

Comment down and I might even put it in the next chapter!

Ciao! Love you guys!