Chapter six, he is the father

Something New

"So that's you...
-Wait dad that's just... I said running down the stairs.
-
Hi Emma, Bobby said. How are you ? You look a little pale, you should sit down.
-Who is it ? My mom asked walking in the entrance.
-
He says he is the father of our daughter's baby. Emma is it him ?
-It's...
-It's me, Bobby answered, why would someone joke on something this serious ? I'm sorry to come here like this, I should have called but I have a busy schedule and, I didn't wanted to make you wait, you must be worried enough about your daughter, I didn't wanted you to also be worried about this child growing up without a father. So... Here I am. My name is Kim Jiwon, a lot of my friends including Emma call me Bobby, I'm twenty-one, I have a job and I care deeply for my unborn son or daughter...
-Bobby, I said, you don't have to...
-Oh yes he has to ! My dad said, but first come inside, we may be angry with you but we are still civilized people. Would you like something to drink ?
-I would love that..
-Emma go fetch him something while we talk !"

Instead of going fetch him a drink I ran upstairs and went into Lucy's room, she was lying on the bed.

"Lucy ? What are you doing ?
-Thinking... Hongmin completly freaked out ! He wants more time to think about this and I'm waiting for his call !
-Well I hope he won't wait too long because my... the guy I... There's a guy in the living room pretending to be my false baby's father !
-What ? She asked with a smile, is it the Jiwon guy ?
-Yes but...
-Wow... That guy's really into you right ? He's actually pretending, in front of mom and dad, to be their grand-child father ? He's got some balles !
-Yeah well that's another subject ok ? Please don't leave me alone, I mean... You have to hear it too, they will probably give the same speech to Hongmin in a few days anyway.
-What if they don't ?
-What now ?
-What if he doesn't want us to keep it, what if he doesn't care to come home at least to talk...
-He will, I put my hand in her hair, he loves you, he is just scared and overwhelmed, you were too, he needs a few days to adjust, and... I swear if he doesn't shows up in a week, I'll track him down and cute of his ok ?
-You're scary...
-Would you please come down ?
-Ok .."

We went together for drinks and went into the living room, where Bobby was standing calmly, enduring my parents anger. Why was he doing this ? I had to stand by his side, hearing again a speech I already heard, and we both pretend we were really sorry for what didn't actually happened, we hold hands, he even put his arms around me for a few seconds.

"I apologize to you two, Bobby said, I brought shame on your daughter and I regret it, deeply, I will do anything to satisfy her every desire.
-You should get married, my mom said, and we should meet your parents.
-About the marriage, I seriously don't think we should do it, I said, we're way too young.
-You're having a baby ! My father said, and you're getting married that's the end of the matter, after that do whatever you want. But your mom is right, we should meet your family. When can we do that ?
-They don't live in the city, so it's going to be complicated to meet them soon, but they will surely come, I promise.. They just need time, just as we do... Can we.. please talk, just the both of us ?"

He was asking me that question, and his eyes sinked into mine, and for a minute I thought everything was really, so I simply noded and we went outside to talk.

"Why are you doing this for me ? I asked.
-
You needed help, you're clearly a bad actress, and I felt bad for your sister too, I know how it feels to have to face your biggest fear, the world is cruel...so if she needs some more time, I'll gladly buy it for her, with you.
-You're... really kind. But what about your career ? I mean if anyone got to know...
-They won't, and anyway, what's a celebrity life without some scandals right?"

I laughed a little and put my head against his shoulder, he was a true friends, I knew him for only a few weeks, and here he was, standing by my side, helping my family even if he never met them before. We went back inside the house, his hand was still on my back, it felt like he was protecting me, somehow. My parents asked him more question about him, and I knew, for that part, he was telling the truth.

"So, you have a big brother,  do you get along with him?
-Yes totally, he is a model for me, he always has...
-And with your parents ? My mom asked, do you fight a lot ?
-Not anymore, he said with a smile, of course when I was in highschool we had a lot of fights, but after some time I understood they only wanted what they thought was the best for me and...they understood I had to do my own mistakes if I wanted to make it in life, I guess it was the same for you, your daughter isn't a lawyer but that doesn't make her less loved right ?
-You're right, my mom looked at her feets, she was moved, I'm glad we met you, we didn't even knew Emma was dating someone...
-It haven't been that long indeed, I said, but...things happens.
-Yes, and I'm glad I'm with your daughter, she is a really special young lady, Bobby said, you shouldn't worry about her.
-Well she still got pregnant my father said, I'm not saying I don't want any grand-children but it's still...too soon ! Way too soon ! How do you plan on living you two huh ?
-We will figure it out, I said.
-
I have money, Bobby said, I know I'm not the step son you were hopping to have but.. I can take care of your daughter and our... child, he looked at me with a gringe, right honey ?"

I kicked him under the table, making him smile even more. I sighed, it was actually fun to have him here with my family, and he was probably enjoying it too, afterall, he was away from his family for a while now. But what would happen when my parents find out about the truth ?

When the night came he left us with a bright smile on his face, and I looked at him leaving, with a little of regret, how hard it must have been for him to do this.

Later Lucy came to my room, and she was smiling again.

"Hongmin texted me, he didn't said anything about the baby yet, but he said he loves me and he wont let me down whatever happens, and he is thanking you, I told him you were helping me out.
-Well I'm glad he is there for you, I just beg you to tell mom and dad before I have to get married to Jiwon.
-That kid looks familiar by the way, did you went to highschool with him or something ?
-Nope, I giggled, what about you ? How do you feel ? Sick ?
-More tired than sick I have to say, I'm getting bigger so I can't wear some of jeans already.. Bye bye flat stomach..
-I finally get my revenge!
-You're not fat !
-Well next to you I look like an elephant. How do you manage to be this skinny, succeed in life, have a boyfriend and please mom and dad, all in one life time. ?
-I get pregnant, she laughed, but seriously, don't be afraid of taking risks Emma. I know it's looks scary out there but, if you don't live your life, nobody's going to do it for you. Plus, you have a wonderful boyfriend supporting you.
-Yeah about that...
-Come on, you can do better than me, don't get pregnant and achieve all of your dreams, it's safer to become a lawyer, but if you don't like it how could you ever be good at it ?"

After hearing her advices and after she left the room, I felt weird inside, was I too careful ? Was I scared by life ? I closed my eyes for a few minutes and finally, thought about Bobby. I needed to talk to one more person that night, and that person was my bestfriend.

"Eunae ?
-Yes ?
-I think you were right, this isn't a good idea.
-Did something happened ? She asked.
-
Yes, something big, you should sit down before I tell you, and I want you to be... as sharp as you can, I might need a kick in the here."

So I told her everything, how we were in a relationship, and how we suddenly lended on being close friends, how he helped me, how he was acting like the perfect guy.

"He isn't perfect Emma, but that doesn't mean he has something to hide. But if you feel uncomfortable...
-I don't know, I .. I just don't want him to get into my mess, I don't have a boyfriend because of that, I thought he would stay out of it but it seems like he is more involved every day.
-You don't want him in your life ?
-It's not like that, I sighed, I don't want him to get in this.. He has his career, his life, I just want to be free of that kind of responsabilities.. He is really usefull right now, but I don't want to use him this way, I think, after the pregnancy drama.. I'll tell him we shouldn't see each other again. I mean, he has his own problems, imagine if this was going public !
-If you thinks it's the best.. But don't let your fears control your life..
-I'm not afraid.. It's just the way things are right now. Anyway, what about you and Hanbin ? You know, the six months guy you still haven't introduced me to.
-Oh we're doing great, he is the cutest guy you could imagine but... he's working a lot of I don't see him as often as I want to.
-You're not actually complaining are you ? I said with a laugh.
-
Of course not, he is perfect for me, and I am a patient person, I can wait for him, I have time."

I smiled, she really was perfect, that Hanbin was lucky to have her.

"He is downstairs, I don't mean to be rude but...
-I understand, we'll see each other later ok ?
-Great! Sleep well..
-You too, if you can !"

She hanged up and I sighed, I went to the bathroom and prepared a bath, with bubbles, I had always loved bath time.
The phone ring as I was reading in the bath,  I took it, feeling completly fine.

"HI!
-Bobby ?
-Yes...I'm soooooo drunk right now, he giggled, how did it go with your parents ? Did they liked me ?
-Well yes... But.. You didn't had to do that !
-I know.. But... It helped your sister, your parents are more relaxed now and... it was fun for us both ! I saw you smiling !
-You should have told me before anyway..
-Wouuuuuuh Bobby come here, someone shouted, the girl is taking her top off ! I'm so going to that..
-Anyway, I said trying not to hear what his friend was telling, you're busy.. just go watch that girl's s.
-Jealous ?
-Why should I ? I don't care.
-Really ? So if I tell you I'm going to bring some random chick back to my appartment and her in every way I can you won't be jealous ?
-You did that with me, go ahead, do whatever you want ! You're a free men !
-So you really don't care ?
-No !
-Then I'm going to watch that girl undress ! By the way, you're welcome for this evening !"

I hanged up feeling extremly angry, why did he called me just to tell me that ? Ask me that ? Why did he even bother coming if he didn't care ! And why was I reacting this way ? I was the one that told him I didn't cared. But did I ?
I sighed, he had done something amazing for me, for my family, and he was nice.. He was cute, he was fun.. And I didn't wanted him to just pick girls around, I wanted him to be exclusively in bed with me.
I went off the bath, quickly dressed up with my hair still wet and run outside to his appartment. An hour later I knocked at his door, he wasn't there, so I waited, I sat on the floor and waited until he showed up, three hours later.

"Emma ?
-Hum ?
-Wake up... Hey..."

Someone was denitely shaking my shoulder, I opened my eyes I saw Bobby, crouched just by my side, he helped me getting up, he smelled perfume and vodka...

"I hate you, I said.
-
No you don't, why are here ? Is there something wrong ? Your hairs are so wet ! You must be freezing !
-It's hot outside...
-No it's not, it's raining.
-Really ? I didn't noticed... anyway I... Did you saw the girl's s ? Did you brought her home ?Or did you do her in her own appartments.. She doesn't live with her parents does she ? She doesn't have an unmarried pregnant sister I guess !
-You're crazy, but if you want to know I didn't... hit on anyway last night, I just wanted you to...
-I want us to be exclusive, I said, I don't want you to touch an other girl while you're sleeping with me..
-I agree, he said with a smile.
-
Really ?
-Yes..."

He laughed and help me get inside the appartment, then he help me undress and put me to sleep, my body was shaking, and I was feeling cold, but he took me in his ams and warmed me up all night, until the fever got away, that's when I realized I was screwed, I had got attached to him...

To be continued ~