Chapter three, Dinner

Something New

I was working that afternoon, in the coffeehouse near my neighborhood, there were mostly only old people coming there, all the youth was in the center, in the newest coffeehouses, but it didn't bother me, old people were usually more patient than young people, and they always ordered something easy to make, like tea or coffee, no iced chai latte, no pumpkin spice latte, just simple coffee. So when a young men, wearing a hood and a mask enter, I was kind of surprised. Why was he in that old neighborhood by himself ? He went strait to me, and at first he only looked at the menu, but at some point his eyes encountered mine and I blushed. It was him, without that amused sparkle in his eyes I wouldn't have recognized him.

"What can I do for you sir ? I asked.
-I'd like an iced americano to go please."

To go ? I raised my eyesbrows walking to the coffee machine, why did he came all the way here just for a coffee to go ?
I prepared the drink and when he gave me the money I saw a white paper he had added to the money, I had to wait for my pause to read what was written on it.

"Surprised ? I searched for this place for a while ! I have some work to do, but let's meet tonight at 9pm, I spoted a place where we can eat in your neighborhood, it's called "The Antique", nice outfit"

I looked at my uniform wincing, I was wearing a green shirt with a really long blue apron, I sighed, would it always be this way ? He summoning me whenever he wanted to see me and I had to wait around ? I didn't thought it was weird, actually, it was refreshing, I didn't had to overthink about him and his feelings.

After the work I went back home to take a shower and put some nicer clothes on. I decided to wear a black slinky skirt with a larger croped top, I haden't time for makeup so I only put on a red lipstick and went to our "date". He was already there, still in the same clothes, all in black, he smirked.

"You're late, he said.
-
You're early.
-Perhaps, but I'm starving, can we go inside ?
-Sure !"

We went in, it was a little bit dark inside, but cosy and warm, an old men came to us with a smile.

"Welcome in our modest Antique, where would you like to sit ? Near the window ? Away from the crowd ? He laughed, there was only a few people eating here.
-
Actually, Bobby said, away from sight would be perfect.
-We have rooms with paper doors, if you want to.
-Thank you."

I followed them, surprised, was he that worried someone might see us ? Here ? No youth, only some old couples that probably never even heard of internet, or kpop...
We sat in that special room that would become one of our favourite spot later, but I didn't knew that back then.
We were sitting, in front of each other, I was feeling a little bit awkward, not knowing what to say or to do; so we stared at our menus for a while, I took a rice cake soup, and he took bean paste vegetable noodles. After we ordered he looked at me, I looked back at him, taking deep breath, not really knowing what we were doing here.

"So, I'm a singer, he said with a hesitant voice, I can't change that or.. anything actually, it has to be a secret so.. I can't date anyone, I can't take care of anyone... I'm not even sure I'm aloud to be here right now.
-Well that's...weird but, I'm not sure what we're doing here then, I'm not searching for a boyfriend, and you clearly aren't either so..
-But we have great ."

The old man came inside the room at that moment and we both shut up, awkwardly looking at the ceiling. When he got out, with a little grinch on his face we both laughed.

"Yes, we have great , I said, so we would be... partners ?
-I was going for friends but if you want to call it like that, he smiled, so, you would be ok with that ?
-Yes, I smiled looking at him, he looked uncomfortable, don't be this worried, I won't say anything and we will find a way to see each other. I hope we will be good friends, beside of that...
-Don't you think it's too... complicated ? I mean, you will have to be careful, about the journalist and stuff. I won't introduce you to my friends so your name on my phone will probably be "oncle Jihong" or something like that. We will mostly meet at motels or in my appartement.. It won't be exactly a romantic or cosy relationship. It won't even be a relationship. Ever, do you understand ?"

I sighed, looking at the ceiling, and I ben over to him to kiss him.

"Stop, I understand what this means, it's alright, let's just have dinner together, then we will go wherever you want and I'll go back home. Do you think that would work ?
-Yeah, probably, he laughed, you have more temper than you let people see don't you ?
-You'll see, I took my spoon and started to eat.
-
You were hungry ! Even more than me !
-Eat, I said, we don't have all night have we ?"

He giggled and started to eat too, we talked about our works, our day, our friends, families, childhood.

"So you were not born in Korea, he said, do you have memories of your home country ?
-I think of Korea as my home country, I don't have memories of... the rest. What about you ? Are you a native from Seoul ?
-Yup, raised here, well, not exactly in Seoul, my parents couldn't afford to live inside Seoul, but I had a really nice home, my brother and I never complained about our childhood.
-What's your brother doing in life ?
-He will soon be a pharmacist, he worked really hard for that.
-That's nice, I said, my sister wants to follow family path and be a lawyer.
-You're the only one left out of the family lawyer curse ? He laughed, if you become a great photographer I might pose for you.
-You're not my kind of model, I laughed, I like better to photograph animals, my dream would be to work for National Geographic Magazine and warn people about the global warming's effect on life...
-That's intersting, I look forward to it.
-Why did you became a singer ?
-To be famous and be good with the ladies, he laughed starting a little dance, no I just really like music, and I wanted to prove my family I could achieve my dreams, I wanted to comunicate with the world through music."

I nooded, discovering new parts of him was nice, he looked more human, more close to me this way, and I knew he felt the same way. We kept talking and then payed, we split the bill and went out, he was again wearing his hood and mask.

"You look a bit like a killer right now, I said.
-
Well then you'll be my first victim, I think the old man from the restaurant is worried about that too.
-We will have to come back to proove him you didn't and killed me in the streets."

We walked without worrying where we were going, and somehow we landed just in front of my house.

"Well... Now we're here, do you want to come inside ? I said.
-
Sure why not but... what about your parents ?
-I didn't said I would introduce you to them, you don't want your fandom to know about me ? I don't want my family to know about you.
-That's seems fair."

I slowly opened the door, checking if anyone was here, my father was probably out with his friends and my mom working, so the only person I actually had to worry about was my sister. She was asleep in front of the TV so I let Bobby in and he get straight upstairs, I followed him and smiled once in my room.

"I feel like I'm in highschool again.
-Did you had a lot of boys coming up here ?
-Not really, but friends, we were not supposed to have friends coming over in the week, but I had that friend, Eunae, she often came anyway.
-Mmh, so girls, together at night.. That's kind of h..."

I threw my pillow to his face and he laughed.

"Sorry to disappoint you but we never had that kind of relationship.
-Too bad ! So what about boys ?
-I had one boyfriend in highschool, and after that just some... one night stands in college. What about you, Bobby from iKon ?
-I was a really good person, I was pure until I met you, he said looking around.
-
So, truth, how many girls did you had ?
-Not that much actually, a few, a lot of one night stands, and one girlfriend, but I'm not sure that count we stayed together like three months, and anyway, she slept with my best friend after that so...
-I see, bad memories of couple life, that's why you're not searching for one.
-You're not searching either and I didn't heard any sad stories coming from you.
-I just don't feel that way, I don't feel like I want anyone in my life, I mean, I can't welcome anyone in my life, my family is... we ..., I can't do this with that kind of situation here, I don't have time, I have my studies, my job, and all the constrains that come with me, I'm just not a girlfriend kind of girl. It would be more of a burden, as much for him as for me.
-I don't think so, you know, couples, they're supposed to have each other's back, maybe you're a need a boyfriend kind of girl. He smiled, but right now, it doesn' matter does it ?
-No, you're right, it doesn't."

I bend down to kiss him and climbed on him, sitting precisly on his crotch, with a smile I moved my hips and looked at his reaction. He put his hands on my hips, then, his eyes sinked in mine and his mouth opened, his sweet lips were wet and ready for another kind of kiss. I let my shirt fall on the floor, already feeling his excitement.

That night we had in my old room, the room where I had spend my childhood and the place that represented me in my life, messy, childish, cosy and unique. It was the first time I brought a men there to have , I didn't wanted it to be so, but it was special for me to have a man here, with me, with all the plastic stars as witnesses.
It's the next morning that thing got a little more complicated, because he was still there, hugging me in his sleep, his dark soft hair slipping against my forehead. It was warm, and I felt completly safe there, until my sister knocked at the door.

"Emma, are you still asleep?
-Huh ?
-Emma ! I'm coming in, I have to wake you up now! Did you forgot your alarm again ? She said pushing the door."

I quickly put the blanket on Bobby and put my pillows all over his body.

"I'm awake, I said, no need to come in, I'll be right there !
-You came late last night too didn't you, you look tired... Let me make you a juice ok ? I know we haven't been the best of friends lately, I want to make it up to you...
-I... don't know what to say, I.. I have to dress up and stuff... But I will be very happy to... have breakfast with you or;.. let's go brunch tomorrow !"

I stood up, slowly pushing her out of my room

"Yes, brunch would be fine, she said, tomorrow then we'll do that..
-Great !I answered, now I just need a few minutes to get ready ok !
-I can help if...
-Thank you but no thank you ! I'll ... See you !"

I closed the door and took a deep breath. Bobby hadn't moved, so I came closer to him and pulled the blanket of his face, my eyes met his in the instant, his soft black eyes, as deep as night itself.

"I... I think you should go, I said forcing myself to articulate.
-I'll be on my way then..."

I saw, somehow, for some reason, he didn't wanted to leave, just as much as I wanted him to stay. But he suddenly stood up and started to dress up, he smiled at me once ready.

"So, how do we do ?
-What ? I said confused by the sight of his lips.
-
How do I get out ? He said with a moking laugh, you're not quite awake are you ?
-I... was thinking ! Maybe.. I don't know, window ?
-Too high... I don't want to get hurt, I have a lot of concerts coming... You'll be invited at the... aftershow, of course, if you want to."

I smiled and crossed my arms, I had to find a way to get him out, but how ?

To be continued ~