Chapter four, Six months

Something New

He was still here, in my room, and everyone was already up, what a really bad idea to let him sleep here !

"I don't mean to push you, but.. I'm a little late for work, he said.
-
How late ?
-One... hour late ?
-Oh my... Serisouly ?
-I'll find something.
-If you ever get out, I sighed. My sister's wondering somewhere in the house, my mom is probably in the living room, and my father at work, I hope at least..
-So..?
-So I have to distract both my mother and my sister while you get out. I'll go downstairs and talk with them about something, and you will get out by that time.
-How will I know when I can get out ?
-You'll hear me talk, I'm going to call my sister then go down, you will see us, when we'll be in the next room just go down as discretly as possible and run away !
-It's sounds like a suicide mission ! I can let you do that ! He laughed, mocking me.
-
Hey ! Shut up and do as I say.
-Yes... Wait.
-What ? I said turning back to him.
-
You should get dressed, you know... if we want the plan to be successful.
-Shut up I said ! I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him."

He was still laughing as I put on a dress and joined my sister.

"Hey Lucy ! I yelled.
-
Yes ? She answered surprised by my tone.
-
Let's go downstairs ! I... really want to eat something, I'm really really hungry !"

Lucy and I went down and I don't really know what happened to Bobby at that moment, the only thing I remember is me, trying to catch my mother's attention by asking her about every single photograph of the room.

"You know that one Emma, you're on it ! My mom said.
-
I... just have a really curious mood today ! Oh a bird !"

I sighed one I left the room, knowing my mom and my sister were probably both talking about my mental health. I heard a weird sound coming from the bathroom and I went in there. I almost screamed when I saw Bobby hiding in the dark.

"What the hell are you still doing in my house ? I whispered.
-
I can't find the door ! You're house is much bigger than it looks like !
-It's the one just in front of the stairs!
-No it's not exactly in front of the stairs, that one is a storage room, he said.
-
You ..I had to hold back a laugh. Seriously ? It's the door next to that one !
-I didn't had time to open every single door of your house !
-Well next time just..
-Emma ? Are you alright ? My mom asked, what are you doing in the dark..?
-Just... picking up something... Just, can you search for my highschool graduation paper ?
-What ? Why ?
-I need it for a work."

She went upstairs and I took Bobby by the hand to lead him outside, when I finally get him out and closed the door I sighed, raising my eyes up to the sky.

"Emma...?"

I couldn't moove a single muscle, I knew she was just behind me.

"Emma who was that ?
-Lucy...
-Did he spend the night here ?
-Please don't tell mom ! I said.
-
We'll see. She smiled, so... you have a boyfriend... You should introduce him to the family.
-What ? Why ?
-Because, if he is spending the night here, he should as well have dinner, you can't only have the good side of a relationship ! That's unfair ! You stupid selfish little girl.
-But... But...
-You know what ? Forget about the brunch ! She yelled, and be careful with that guy ! They always seem nice but there is only one thing that can catch their attention ! Specially with a girl like you, face it !"

I didn't had time to say a single thing, she was pissed without any reason, as always... I went back to my room, even if I didn't wanted to admit it, my feelings were hurt. My own sister thought I wasn't worthy of any attention or affection.
I jumped on my bed, it was still summer, it was hot, and I was sad, what could possibly improve my mood ? I smiled and took my camera, it was time to go outside. I took a few things with me and went to a bus stop not far away from my house. After an hour of bus I was in the countryside, I walked for a few minutes before I spotted some butterflies, I did my best to not scare them and took a few pictures, I followed a couple of birds as well, and was even able to see some rabbits running away from a dog. The dog stopped chasing them when he saw me and headed straight to me, I smiled and took a few pictures of him before he left, his masters were calling him. I sat on the grass, already dryied by the sun, and looked at the pictures I had took.
My mood was already better, and I felt like the day was good again, like I was able to make something out of it. But when I get back home for dinner, everything went bad again. I was talking with my dad about his work, asking him questions when my sister suddenly smiled and asked:

"Hey, it's been a long time since you introduced us to some of your friends Emma, did you made any at your work ? Or, have you been seeing someone ? She smiled winking at my mother.
-
I... haven't met anyone that special yet, I smiled as my dad laughed.
-
Nobody's good enough for our Emma, he said.
-
Are you sure ? Lucy asked.
-Why would I hide anything from you ? I asked trying to stay calm.
-
Are you ashamed of us ? My mom suddenly asked.
-
Not at all! What's the matter with you two ?
-Nothing sweetie, my dad said, we just want you to feel free to tell us about any ... relation you might have, now or in the future... It's not because we do'nt approve all of your choices that we don't love you.
-I know, I smiled, finally calm again, I love you too."

After the dinner, I faced Lucy, not really knowing how to talk about this as adults. So I decided to talk about it like sisters do.

"What the hell was that ?! I yelled once in her room.
-
Excuse me Emma but some of us have to study, my vacations starts in a week, remember ?
-You seem to have time to spy on me or talk about me, so why should I bother respect your little selfish schedule ?! What did you tell mom and why did you brought that weird conversation on dinner !
-To let you know to not mess with me like you're doing right now ! She stood up, why do you hide the guy ?! Let us meet him !
-So you can judge me again ? Lucy this is so stupid ! I'm allowed to have my privacy !
-If you brought him home it's clear you're not searching for privacy ! It's like you wanted me to see him ! Why do you react like this anyway ? I was just playing with you ! We do that all the time !
-Well I'm tired of it ! Tired of your mood jumping, of your anger and of your ing attitude ! Can't you just leave me alone for once ?! I yelled until I couldn't breath.
-
I'm afraid that guy might just be using you ! I'm worried about you why don't you get it ?!
-Oh I can protect my self ! Thank you for your concern !"

I went out of her room banging the doors of both her and my room. I saw I had a new message on my phone and red it.

"I left a ring in your room, can you find it ? I hope you're well, I had a great time last night even if in the morning it was a mess. I'll see you soon I hope."

I smiled and as a respond I sent him one of the picture of the dog I met that afternoon, then I started to search for that ring. It was under the bed, I put it on my nightstand and went to bed, afterall, maybe the next day would be a better one.

A few days passed, I didn't heard from Bobby but I could see him on TV or on Youtube, he wasn't lying, he really was busy lately. Since I was feeling lonely I met with my friends, Eunae was here, and Hyomin too. We met at a restaurant, just after my work. At first we only spoke about work, studies, then, we started to part about boys, there is always a time of that part in a conversation.

"So, Eunae started looking at me with a gringe, you hooked up with someone on your birthday didn't you ?
-I...Yes, but I was so drunk I can't say I remember a lot about it. I looked down at my feets, I hated to lie to Eunae.
-
Was he cute ? Hyomin asked.
-
I guess he was, he was tall right ?
-Yes, Eunae smiled, Hyomin can you fetch us some water ?
-Sure!"

Hyomin left the table and Eunae kicked me in the kneel.

"Hey ! What was that for ?
-You hooked up with my boyfriend's best friend !
-What ? No I didn't, since when do you have a boyfriend anyway ?"

She get me an intence look, and for a moment I thought she might know the truth.

"Yes you did ! You don't have any idea in what you're stepping in !
-I'm not stepping in anything stop it Eunae.
-I know you're still seeing him, and even if I'd love to be happy for you I can't ! I know him and... I know right now it's all exciting and new but he will always be busy, he won't have time for you, he won't ever be a part of your life so you shouldn't get attached, that's all I'm saying, or you'll get hurt we both know that.
-I have no idea what you're talking about seriously."

Hyomin came back right on time, and for the rest of the evening Eunae and I didn't spoke, but inside my head, it was like someone had pushed the "alarm" button.
Even if she couldn't actually know the truth, Eunae's words were really close to reality, and worst of all, she was right, how was that possible ?
I suddenly stoped walking, I was heading back home but I had a really intence feeling that I was bing followed buy a weird guy with a hood. The street was dark, but I knew there was a more crowded street not that far away, if I managed to get to that street before that guy get to me... I took a deep breath, but I could here him, he was closer than I thought. I grabbed the first thing I could see on the floor, it was a handlebar and I turned back to hit my stalker with it. He stepped back without making a noice and took of his hood, looking quite surprised and worried.

"Are you insane ?!
-Bobby ?! What the hell are you doing here.. following me !
-I saw you coming out of that restaurant but I couldn't just come and talk to you in public ! I thought about doing it here but you agressed me !
-I thought you were some sick stalker ! I screamed still under the adrenaline.
-
I'm not.. calm down, you're ok ?
-Yes;.. Yes, are you ? Did I hit you ? Oh my god... did I hurt you ?
-No, I'm ok... Hey... don't panic, come here..."

I didn't think twice and went straight in his arms, he hold me tight for a few minutes, his head on mine. When I finally could breath and think again he took my hands in his.

"I wanted to ask you if you want to come to the appartment tonight but... It doesn't seems like a good idea anymore.
-No.. I .. I just, I'm going to go...
-I'm not sure that's a good idea, just come with me, I'll make you some tea, and then I'll drive you home.
-Do you even have a licence ?
-I'll call a taxi, it's the same thing !"

I laughed, it was good to know he was here with me, even if he was the cause of my stress and panic, I was still shaken, and I didn't wanted to again, be home alone.
So I went to his appartment again, we chat watching TV and drinking tea, then we decided to put all the Jurassic Parks and at some point I fell asleep.
I woke up because I heard someone unlocking the door, Bobby was still sleeping, lying on the couch, his head on my knees... But who was trying to get in here ? The door suddenly opened and I saw a guy I hadn't met at that time, and Eunae. She saw me first and we both remained silent for a few seconds, before I stood up, awaking Bobby.

"He is your boyfriend ?
-You're here again ? I told you it's not a good idea !
-Why didn't you tell me ?!
-Did you told me about Jiwon ?
-Jiwon ?
-That's my real name, Bobby said not quite awake yet.
-
Anyway...
-Wait, you don't even know his real name ?
-That's not the point !
-Oh yes it is !
-How.. when did you..
-It's been six months now!
-Six MONTHS ?! So at my birthday...
-I was meeting with Hanbin and he was there with his friends, somehow Bobby hit on you and bam, here we are a few weeks later !
-What do you mean "somehow" ? And.. What ? Six months and you didn't even mentioned there was a guy in your life ?
-You should know better than anyone why I didn't, I mean, why didn't you tell me you were sleeping with Bobby ?? Hanbin had to told me he was thinking Bobby was seeing someone, you never had time for us and I had to guess my bestfriend was.. doing this.She sighed, it's not like I don't wish happiness for you but..
-This is just what I need right now, I don't.. want a boyfriend.
-So you just want ? Hanbin asked.
-Hey easy buddy I know you for only five minutes so don't screw all your chance, I'm still Eunae bestfriend and I have a veto right against you."

Eunae laughed and took me in her arms, we were stupid sometimes, but we both knew each other better than anyone, and I knew, somehow, she had read what was happening in my heart, hope was happening, and I needed to stop it at once, she was just helping me.
I looked at the time and gasped.

"I'm going to be late for work... I have to go but... I'll call you Eunae, you too Bobby and you... I looked straight in Hanbin's eyes, Be careful, I'll be watching you."

I just ran all the way to the coffee house, I wasn't late, but I had forgot my phone. All day long my brain was singing "stupid stupid stupid" .
I had no choice but to go to Bobby's appartment and hope someone was there. And he was, he opened the door, his expression was bitter, and before I could ask anything he took my phone in his hands.

"You received a message, I thought it was you asking for your phone with someone else's number, so I red it. It was your mom, anything you want to tell me ?"

I didn't understood, I frown, but when I saw the picture following my mom's question I didn't knew what to say.

"Honey, we need to talk" was the message, and just below was a picture I never thought I'd see at twenty years. A positive pregnancy test.

To be continued ~