Epilogue

claim you

 

“Mom?” Kyungsoo calls, noticing as his mother looks up from the kid and at him.

“Yes?”

“Can you please take care of Jin for a few hours? I am taking Jongin out,” he asks, pursing his lips in a thin line as he tries to not look at their adorable son. He taps his foot in impatience when his mother continues to stare at him before looking over his shoulder. His mother smiles and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes—he knows why his mother's smiling, it's Jongin. The Omega is peaking adorably at them over Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“I-it's alright if you can't mom, we can bring him with us—”

“We can't,” Kyungsoo cuts the Omega off and passes a small glare at Jongin. Jongin passes him his own. “I-I mean, yes, we can't.”

“Oh dear, that's okay. Take some time you two, you both are taking care of Jin day and night, you deserve a break. Go, go.”

Kyungsoo nods at her and quickly pulls Jongin with him and out of the room. He takes a deep breath, fast walking as he pulls Jongin along with him.

“I don’t understand why you are not bringing Jin with us. You clearly want that too,” Jongin says, looking back at the closed door then back at his lover. “Hyung, he is our baby. Why do we need to leave him back, the mother needs rest too.”

“Jonginnie, after meeting them we need some time alone. Like really alone, you know what I mean don’t you?”

Jongin blushes, biting his lower lip before pouting. “But still, Jin is our child. We really don’t need to leave him alone. And besides I don’t think if our friends would appreciate the absence of Jin, you know how much they love him.”

“Ah! Stop making me feel guilty, please,” Kyungsoo pleads, quickly opening the car door before gently ushering Jongin inside. The man sits in his seat before resting his head back, he looks back at Jongin eyes narrowing. “Did you really need to do this with me?”

“Do what?” Jongin asks, innocently, eyes blinking adorably before passing him a smile. “What am I doing Kyungsoo?”

“This, this. You are making me feel guilty and now I feel like I want to bring Jin with us no matter what and now it doesn’t even matter if we don’t get to spend some private time with each other.”

“So, what are you going to do now?”

“Bring Jin with us or what,” he huffs before getting out of the car and quickly runs away from there and inside the mansion. Jongin giggles with a nod, whispering a quiet “you’re just so sweet, hyung.”

Jin is eleven months old now and although the baby is still very young, Jongin and Kyungsoo can’t help but think that their baby is growing up too fast, believe them or not but both of them talk to each other in the silence of the night about how “their baby’s getting older too fast, too soon”. That’s the biggest concern between them. Kyungsoo’s mother would say that that’s how life works and no matter how many times they talk about the “serious topic” in the end they couldn’t do anything because Jin will grow up no matter what. Jongin knows that Kyungsoo’s mother is right but they are parents and parents always think like that about their children no matter how much young they are.

Since Jin is only eleven months and a few days old the kid still couldn’t speak and no one can understand how much they are waiting for even a single word to come out of the baby’s pretty small mouth. Jin would speak but usually they are incoherent “garbage” (as Sehun would playfully call Jin’s adorable incoherent words but Sehun is also the closest to Jin after the three of them, the young alpha would spend hours playing with Jin and wouldn’t even get tired). Jongin would never forget to record every single moment of that, the time that they spend with Jin (just the three or four of them) and whenever they are with their friends—who seem to favor Jin more than them but that’s okay because the couple favors Jin more than anyone else too.

 

A gentle tap on the window of the car brings him out of his thoughts and he looks up, grinning widely before opening the door of the car. “Jinnie, baby, come to papa,” Jongin exclaims excitedly, gently taking the small life in his arms before sitting him on his thighs. “Daddy is so bad, he wanted to leave you alone, say bad daddy, say, Jinnie.” Jin giggles at that, obviously not understanding what his papa wants to say, and buries his face into his papa’s chest stretching his small arm towards Kyungsoo when the alpha sits on the seat and starts the engine.

Kyungsoo smiles, “you are so cute, Jinnie,” he says kissing the chubby hand before pecking Jongin on his head. “You two are so cute, I don’t know if I can even survive without you two.”

“You are cute too, hyung. We all are cute and we are a very cute family, the cutest on the earth, isn’t it Jinnie?” Jongin asks rocking the baby in arms and pulls him closer to his own body when Kyungsoo finally starts driving. “Let’s go and meet uncles! YAyyyyyy!"

“Jongin stop acting like a two year old.” Kyungsoo scolds, but he absolutely can't stop that fond smile forming on his lips

“Shut up, hyung.” Jongin bites back with a playful grin.

 

*

 

“We were about to kill you Kyungsoo, we thought you wouldn’t bring Jin,” Sehun glares at the said alpha before looking down and smiles kindly at the baby still playing with Yixing. “Jongin too but Jongin is too beautiful to die so we wouldn’t kill him.”

“Why did you think like that anyway?” He asks, scrunching his nose in distaste when the smell of poo fills up the whole room. “Did you bring diapers, Jongin? Change Jin’s it’s… uh smelling.”

“I did, it’s in the car,” the omega then looks at Yifan before showing his puppy eyes at him. “Hyung, can you bring them for Jin? And change them too?” Yifan passes him the funniest look he has ever and he nearly breaks into a fit of giggles when Yifan only nods at him and soullessly walks out of the apartment and probably to the parking lot.

“You are cruel, Jongin,” Sehun says, “and I like that.”

Jongin shrugs, “he is Jin’s uncle, and it’s his right.” He declares, picking the carrots from the floor. “And we have to wash this, I still don’t understand why you guys didn’t order take out or why we didn’t go out to a fancy restaurant.”

“It’s all Kyungsoo’s fault and we all know that we wanted to do same,” Baekhyun says, “and it’s okay, Jongin, it's only strengthening our relationship with each other.”

It does, Jongin can’t deny that so he only smiles and asks others to follow him to the kitchen to prepare dinner. They’ve been at Baekhyun’s house for more than five hours already and no matter how much he tries to not think about it, in the end, it feels as if time flies too fast with one’s loved ones. It’s been more than a year and he hadn’t contacted his parents until now, not that they even tried to find him in the first place. Jongin believes that they already gave up on their “worthless omega son” and a part of him is okay with that. Wasn’t it what everyone in his family wanted? For a disgrace like him to just leave them alone so that they can grow into a healthy and “respectable” family as if Jongin being an omega was the biggest disgrace that ever came upon Kim’s. Kyungsoo would call him an idiot (albeit lovingly) and Kyungsoo’s mother would try to talk him into calling them but Jongin isn’t brave enough to hear more rejections from his family.

Besides, now he has his own family to take care of—Kyungsoo, their baby, Kyungsoo’s mother and their small group of friends who are more than friends to them (they are their family).

In between all this, he completed his school too and it wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for Kyungsoo’s constant support to him. Kyungsoo encouraged him to go to school and finish his study, after all, it was Jongin’s dream to stand up on his own and do something great with his life. Although it wasn’t easy to focus on studies when he had his son at home waiting for his papa and the constant thought that Kyungsoo and his mother wouldn’t be able to handle the small life after all a newborn needs his mother beside them the most, was making it worse. But Kyungsoo would uncomfortably remind him that “don’t be so stressed Jonginnie, we all know that you can’t feed him then Jin can live with me for some hours.” Okay, Jongin can’t because he is a male but that doesn’t mean that it’s easy for him to leave his son alone at home, knowing very well how much of a careless and inexperienced Kyungsoo is with babies.

“Kyungsoo was fifteen that time and my sister just gave birth,” Mrs. Do says, “and we left her twelve months old baby with Kyungsoo. I don’t know why he was always nervous with the babies and kids but, him treating other kids badly was definitely one of the many reasons. Kyungsoo wasn’t affectionate with anyone other than us not even with the adorable babies.”

“He was as cold as ice,” she says, “I and my sister were in a different room and we left the baby with Kyungsoo. A few minutes later when we came we saw Kyungsoo shouting at the baby to shut up. The scariest part was that he wasn’t fazed by the baby crying his eyes out. I was really scared for him.”

Jongin didn’t know that Kyungsoo could be so cold, ever, seeing how much he loved both him and their small baby.

“I think you changed him, Jongin,” she says, “you helped him realize his real self and you helped him see what he didn’t want to. You brought him out of his self-made cave and I am very much thankful for that, Jongin.”

“After you came to his life, we saw him changing into a human. Jin’s birth made sure that he knew and always remember his responsibilities, towards you both. He must feel like a responsible father and a soon to be husband of yours.”

“And that is great.”

The dinner went rather merrily, Jin decided to sit on Yifan’s lap throughout the dinner and the alpha didn’t mind the constant tiny slaps that Jin gave him to grab his attention “back on him”. Instead, he had smiled every time when Jin would do that and Jongin knew that the man would probably soon go on a hunt of finding his own mate so to start his own family. Truthfully, the beautiful relationship between them envied the others and no matter how hard they tried they ended up saying so with “I want a sweet family like you too” constantly on their mouths. Jongin and Kyungsoo wanted that too, for them, but Kyungsoo would always give them advice to be responsible first. Having Jin with them was the most precious moment of their life but the other reality was that they were still inexperienced themselves. They were still kids themselves, Jongin was barely nineteen and Kyungsoo barely twenty-one and in the midst of looking after his father’s business (which was now his) and their pack, he barely got any time for his own small family.

Jongin was free from school but the next stage was university, although he scored brilliant marks (like he did since years) he decided to apply for an open university instead—it would be easier for him to focus on Jin, Kyungsoo, and Mrs. Do (the lady was constantly ill) and his own studies.

It was perfect, their life seemed perfect than ever and truthfully they wouldn’t trade it for anything else.

 

*

 

“I’ve decided that I need a break from everything for some time,” Kyungsoo says before continuing, “and that I want to spend time with you all. I seriously need a break otherwise I will go crazy.”

“That’s a great idea, son,” Mrs. Do says, coughing slightly before speaking again, “and you two stop fussing about me. It’s merely cold it will be over.”

Jongin pouts before digging in his own food, “I’ve only you as my mother why wouldn’t I fuss over you?”

“Oh dear Jongin, you are just too sweet,” she sighs. “Every time that I look over at you two smiling faces I become guilty and I just want God to call me—”

“Mother, not now,” Kyungsoo cuts her off, passing her a bowl of rice. “You’re eating too little, eat some more.”

Jongin watches the interaction between the two and feels proud of himself. He believes that he probably did a lot of great things in his nineteen years of life but nothing was greater than this—helping a mother and her son to come closer once again. Truthfully if it wasn’t for the omega they (Kyungsoo and Mrs. Do) wouldn’t even be on talking terms right now, they wouldn’t be talking as they were talking now. But nothing feels better than this—Kyungsoo got his mother back, Jongin got a mother figure to love him like a “real” mother and Jin, their baby got a loving grandmother.

Jongin didn’t know what they needed more than that. His own parents’ absence doesn’t bother him, not anymore at least.

 

 

“Okay I know that I may sound cruel but I am so happy that Jin finally slept,” Kyungsoo whispers, left hand sneaking under the omega’s shirt. Almost nothing is visible the lights are switched off and Kyungsoo is . “And you have to stay silent. I didn’t need to remind you that but you still scream so much that you will probably end up waking—”

“Shut up you ,” Jongin whispers back, pulling Kyungsoo’s hand away. His cheeks flush red because Kyungsoo is right but Jongin will be damned if he admitted so. “We are not doing this, Jin is still here.

“That’s why I told you to keep it low.”

“Kyungsoo don’t, ah,”

“You just screamed and I just touched your ."

“You didn’t just touch my , you , you-you put your finger—”

“Don’t tell me that you didn’t like it.”

“Kyungsoo—” Jongin stops, looking in the direction of the sound. “Jin woke up.” He giggles.

Kyungsoo huffs, “that’s why I told you to keep it low.”

“Shut up and bring Jin here.”

Kyungsoo sighs and with a heavy nod, switches on the light before picking up the crying baby in his arms. Don’t blame him, he is just and Jin’s constant presence doesn’t allow them some alone time. “You gotta make him stop crying now.”

“Yeah, sure, sure, after all, Jin is only my baby and not yours,” Jongin teases, looking down as Kyungsoo dives in on the bed, burying himself under the blanket just a second later. “I am his mumma, I will take care of him.”

Just then the baby stops and looks up at Jongin with his teary eyes, small hands trying to reach Jongin’s cheeks, “Mummmm, mummah.” Jin whimpers, eyes getting teary again at his papa’s silence.

Jongin’s heart skips a beat, beside him, Kyungsoo stiffens on the bed before peaking over the blanket. Jongin slaps him on his arm, “Kyungsoo did you… did you hear?” Jongin looks over at his baby, getting teary-eyed, “baby, say it again. Mumma, mumma,”

“Mum… mummah!” Jin shouts before bursting into a fit of tears. “Mummah.”

“Kyungsoo he just—”

“Give him to me!” Kyungsoo nearly screams before pulling Jin in his arms. “Now say daddy, daddy.”

Jin doesn’t, instead, cries harder after that, stretching his small arms toward Jongin, his small shaking body asking for his mother’s touch.

“Give him back to me, he must be hungry,” Jongin says through tears. Kyungsoo dejectedly gives the baby back and sits against the headboard, silently sulking. Why daddies always come second in winning their babies affections? “Quit sulking hyung, Jin will call you daddy soon, let him sleep for now.”

“You are saying so because he called you mumma.”

“Yeah that and because my baby’s sleeping already and shut up now,” Jongin hisses but there’s no bite in his words. The omega smiles at him before laying down, gently laying Jin down with him. “Come sleep with us.”

Kyungsoo sighs, already feeling dejected and brutally betrayed by his own son but follows nonetheless. “I am letting this go for now but I will make sure that Jin calls me daddy tomorrow.”

“Yeah, yeah okay,” Jongin giggles, already on cloud nine. Kyungsoo switches off the light and slowly the moonlight brightens up the whole bedroom, casting a small glow at them.

“But he called you mumma and not papa.”

“Why do you care?” Jongin asks though blush soon coats his cheeks. “I like that anyways,”

“Yeah, I know you did.” Kyungsoo huffs and after that everything goes silent. After about ten minutes he looks beside himself, unconsciously smiling when he finds them sleeping already.

He is annoyed, but as he looks over at them, he decides that no matter what he wouldn’t trade this for the world.


 

Thank you so much for getting this featured, we almost didn't believe that. More from my side because I always thought of this story as nothing but a piece of . But thank you so much! We both love you all! ><