Three

claim you

It happened too fast. Kyungsoo runs towards the commotion as he hears the pained cries of him. He is sure it's Jongin; a rage settles itself in his heart when he hears the omega's screams getting louder.

 

He runs through the crowd towards the center and gapes. It's unbelievable, to say the least, he feels his eyes getting blurred; he doesn't even register his friends' arrival behind him. He fists his hands in balls as he walks towards the group of bullies, his friends following him, equally raged.

He comes forward and punches one of the bullies, officially starting a fight between the two groups, there's now a large commotion, with ear-piercing screams and sounds of beatings.

 

Though what catches his or rather everyone's attention is when one of the bully kicks Jongin straight on his stomach, resulting in an ear piercing scream. Kyungsoo growls before launching himself on the other boy, not stopping once, he started beating him in the most painful way, with all the strength he could muster.

 

“Kyungsoo, take Jongin out, we will look after them.” Kyungsoo stops and looks back at the almost unconscious omega and after kicking the bully on his stomach he walks towards Jongin. His whole body is covered in blood, though there's still pained whimpers coming out of his mouth, Kyungsoo pulls him gently in his arms and runs out of the area towards his parked car.

 

 

****

 

 

He fists his hands as the screams get louder inside the hospital room. He looks up when one of his friends, Junmyeon squeezes his shoulder in reassurance, but truthfully nothing can stop it, except Jongin.

 

He closes his eyes as his eyes blur again, his body starts shaking as he hears his mate in pain, in agony. His wolf his dying, to snap the necks of those bullies.

 

The door opening catches their attention; they quickly get up as the doctor approached them.

 

“How's he?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

The doctor sighs before patting his shoulder in what seems like a reassurance, it settles a fear in his heart and his throat feels like it's squeezing tight.

 

“He is fine, though not that much. He will be okay, don't worry but...” He stops looking at everyone standing there and again sighs. “I don't know about that much but the kick on his stomach was hard and I am not sure but maybe he will have difficulty in conceiving the future child.”

 

Now that's exactly what he dreaded most to hear.

 

“And...”

 

“Don't worry. It will be difficult for the omega for the impact was hard enough. But I am not sure, but it's still possible for him to some extent.” The doctor then pats his shoulder and nods towards everyone else and walks away.

 

It's impossible to stop the tears now, so he lets them flow, burying his face in his friend's shoulder.

 

 

*

 

 

He silently walks into the room. His heart is still heavy, but he tries to keep it at bay for now. Jongin looks vulnerable, weak. His whole body is covered in bruises, his face looks pale. He quietly sits next to the omega, the action catches the omega's attention and he can see a lone tear falling from the younger's eyes.

 

Kyungsoo brushes aside the fringes on his forehead and smiles at him, despite the ache in his chest. The doctor's voice rings in his head, making it impossible to think rationally.

 

“How are you?” He asks.

 

Jongin shakes his head and chokes on sob in pain. It breaks Kyungsoo's heart but he can't let himself break down in front of the already injured omega. So he just smiled, wiping his tears away and caressing his cheeks lovingly.

 

 

****

 

 

It's been one week since the incident and Kyungsoo is avoiding Jongin.

 

Jongin looks out of the window as he waits for the older boy to visit him. He didn't know why Kyungsoo is doing this, but when he heard the reason it broke his heart like no one can.

 

The doctor already told Kyungsoo that it's almost impossible for Jongin to get pregnant, and I don't think that Mr. Do wants a barren omega in his family. They need an heir.”

 

Kyungsoo had told him that they are mates, that it's an unwritten rule that they are needed to be together in whatever situation they are facing. He thinks if they are even mates, if yes then Kyungsoo must be feeling the pain he is going through.

 

He needed a support after whatever happened a week ago, after what he heard the doctor saying about him.

 

“It's almost impossible for him to get pregnant after the kick he received on his stomach.”

 

He wipes his tears as even after waiting for hours, Kyungsoo is not here. He checks the time and it's one in the morning, he is growing weak, and with the absence of his mate, his body is already getting crazy. He can feel his body is still in pain, the dark circles are prominent under his eyes and it's clearly showing that he is not taking care of himself and neither anyone in the family.

 

It doesn't matter, it's not like they cared in the first place.

 

He walks towards his bed and slips under the cover.

 

He is losing control over his body, his wolf his drowning itself in the ocean of agony.

 

And he thinks if he will be saved or left alone like always.

\

And if Kyungsoo cared about him in the first place.

 

It's been one month since the incident and the Kim family received the news that the DO's has already canceled the wedding.

 

 

****

 

 

It's been one month since the incident and still, there's no sign of Kyungsoo approaching him. Kyungsoo isn't even looking at him anymore, though still sometimes Jongin can feel the alpha's gaze on him. But still, whenever Jongin approaches him, Kyungsoo avoids him like a plague.

 

The situation at his house is getting worse day by day. His parents are getting more violent towards him now, they didn't let him eat anything for more than three days continuously, his father is more violent than before, he always finds a reason to beat Jongin, but Jongin never protests. He takes them, as he tries to convince himself that he was born to be like this, so it's reasonable to be in this situation.

 

It's late in the evening and Jongin's still not home. He knows his parents will be upset and he probably will receive another punishment but he can't think straight anymore so he doesn't care.

 

It's not like it will be his first time, anyway.

 

He walks towards the dark road. He knows it’s dangerous, but he didn't care anymore, it’s better anyway to die and never wake up. That's exactly when he smells a strange smell, he looks back and gasps.

 

It's a rival pack.

 

And the most important thing is they all are alphas. And some of them are in their rut.

 

 

****

 

 

Kyungsoo runs towards the familiar scent and stops dead in his tracks when he realizes what the situation is.

 

Jongin turns around when he smells Kyungsoo's smell and a wave of relief passes through his body, but he doesn't respond to Kyungsoo's gaze, too hurt to even look into the eyes of his supposed to be mate.

 

He flinches back when he hears a growl from members of the other pack, but as soon as he turns back he finds one of the members of the other pack is already by his side, he shouts in pain when he is pulled closer by his arms; grip hard enough to leave a bruise on his skin.

 

‘‘Leave him Himchan,” He hears Kyungsoo growling. Jongin shakes in the arms of Himchan's hold, his face now tears stained, his breathing erratic, he feels his wolf submitting itself in the presence of so many alphas.

 

“Why? Is he your mate?” He asks back as he nuzzles his nose in the crook of Jongin's neck. His hands wandering around the omega's lithe body. Kyungsoo fists his hands and growls as he changes into his wolf form, his friends following the suite.

 

“You will pay for touching him,” Kyungsoo growls before launching himself on the other man.

 

Jongin didn't know what's happening anymore, as he feels his head being hit by a rock, quickly losing consciousness. Though he can hear ear-piercing screams and growls and a distant sound of Kyungsoo approaching him.

 

 

****

 

 

When he wakes up the next time, he finds himself in his room, he quickly sits up on the bed and looks around the room, there's no one beside him but he can smell him.

 

He stares at his hands and finds few scratches here and there, and then he remembers about the last night, a fear settles itself in his heart, for him, for his alpha.

 

“Kyungsoo,” He mutters as he feels tears falling from his eyes. As if Kyungsoo heard his call, quickly comes in the room.

 

Everything is numb, between them as they stare at each other in silence, not once breaking the contact, there are bruises on the alpha's face and his body is covered in bandages.

 

“Jongin,’’ Kyungsoo whispers.

 

It hurts.

 

Jongin shakes his head and wipes his tears away. He can't cry for someone who left him when he needed him the most, he can't cry for someone who told them that they are mates but still left him alone when he was supposed to be by his side no matter what. Jongin avoids his gaze as he scrambles out of bed and walks out of the room, he can't handle being in the same room as him.

 

“Jongin stop, you have bruises.” Kyungsoo stops him, by grabbing his arm, it's a gentle hold but Jongin hates it, hates the fact that he is even being touched by someone who called himself his mate. He yanks his hand away and walks towards the hall, though it's a surprise for him that he finds all of Kyungsoo's friends there.

 

“Jongin, stop and listen to me.”

 

Jongin doesn't, he walks towards the kitchen, his movement though catches the attention of everyone present there, even his parents. “Jongin you need to rest, listen to me,” Kyungsoo says in an almost authoritative tone, and Jongin curses inwardly. His omega quickly submitting to his alpha.

“And why?” He snaps back, though his voice quivers when his gaze connects with the alphas.

 

“Because I am your alpha,” He says and Jongin hates it. He bitterly chuckles and nods.

 

“Alpha, your alpha Jongin. My alpha my ing alpha.” He mockingly mutters. The tone gathers everyone's attention as they stand up from their seats.

 

“What do you m-”

 

“AN ALPHA WHO LEFT HIS MATE WHEN HE NEEDED HIM THE MOST,” Jongin shouts, his face covered with tears.

 

Kyungsoo looks ashamed to say the least, his face turning into hurt and longing, but he didn't care not when he can voice his thoughts aloud.

 

“I WAS ING ALONE KYUNGSOO. YOU DIDN'T COME BACK. YOU NEVER ASKED ME WHY I WAS BEATEN. WHY I WAS BULLIED. DID YOU?’’

 

“YOU NEVER TOLD THE WHOLE SCHOOL THAT I AM YOUR MATE. YOU NEVER TOLD THEM, KYUNGSOO THEY HATED ME. YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE A NOBODY OMEGA WAS SEEN WITH AN ALMIGHTY ALPHA, A SOON TO BE HEAD ALPHA.” He stops wiping his tears away.

 

“YOU NEVER ASKED ME WHAT THEY WERE CALLING ME BEHIND YOUR BACK KYUNGSOO. SO I THINK I SHOULD TELL YOU.”

 

“I WAS BEING TOLD THAT I AM A . WHO IS SPREADING HIS LEGS NOT JUST FOR YOU BUT FOR ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. I WAS BEING CALLED A KYUNGSOO.” He stops and chuckles when Kyungsoo lowers his head in shame, the alpha is shaking and he has no idea if it was because he was hearing the truth or because he was angry, but he didn't care even a bit.

 

“You left me alone when the doctor announced that its almost impossible for me to get pregnant.” He whispers now no more strength to shout. “I needed you Kyungsoo. Then a month later you even canceled our wedding. You didn't even try to contact me. You cheated on me, alpha.” He jokingly calls him.

 

“Kim Jongin shu-”

 

“Mr. Kim not a single word from you,” Kyungsoo growls as the tension in the room increases, his alpha pheromones taking a control over everyone. The whole hall went silent, only Jongin's cries get louder minute by minute.

 

“Jongin, I want to talk to you?” Kyungsoo asks, his voice laced with desperation.

 

Jongin shakes his head and continuously wipes his tears away, but it doesn't matter as it keeps flowing. “Mates are meant to be K-Kyungsoo.... H-How can you leave me alone when I-I needed you the m-most?” He asks, his body almost losing consciousness.

 

“I-I am sorry Jongin.” Kyungsoo whispers. “I want to make it alright.” He quietly adds.

 

 

****

 

 

“I was a coward Jongin and I am still is.”

 

“My parents were not allowing me to meet you, claiming they will hurt you. And I can't let that happen, Jongin. I know I am not strong alone to fight against my parents and all those scums who are faithful towards my family. I didn't want to lose you. I can-”

 

“-Is that what you wanted to say to me, Kyungsoo?” Jongin cuts him off, his head hung low not enough courage to look into the alpha's eyes.

“Jongin, I can't just let that happen. After the reports came, dad was angry. He was still worried about you but it was an almost impossible decision for him to let you be my omega, he needs an heir, Jongin. And it w-”

 

“-I was dying here, Kyungsoo. You don't know how I was living, without you. My parents were against me, you never contacted me, never looked at me."

 

"I was living in hell Kyungsoo. Even whatever you spoke, told me about the situation, you shouldn't have left me alone. I needed you the most. The most Kyungsoo. I never cared about anything else. You changed my life, made me realize that I am not that much useless what I think I am or what my dad tells me."

 

"Not being able to be pregnant is one of the most embarrassing and heartbreaking things for an omega, Kyungsoo. And you have heard, the doctor told you, it is still possible for me to be pregnant, but still, you left me.” He looks up at Kyungsoo, the alpha's eyes are watery, it breaks Jongin's heart but he had gone through much worse.

 

“I only needed you. A powerful alpha who told me that I am worth all the happiness in the world, who made me feel giddy inside, which made me feel loved.”

 

Kyungsoo hesitantly brings his hand and interlaced their fingers together, relief washes over him when Jongin doesn't pull away. “I was an idiot Jongin. I never thought like this. I was too scared, so much. I didn't want to lose you. My parents are capable of doing anything Jongin, they can even kill my mate.”

 

He looks up, his eyes holding longing. “I was dying Jongin, without you. Every night I came to your house, your room to just watch you. I was dying to talk to you. But I knew I can't. I am sorry, I am so so sorry.” He buries his face in the omega's hand and cries harder.

 

Jongin smiles, though he is still angry, he can still feel a rage in his heart, but he can't do it again. He is tired, he is too much tired.

 

Kyungsoo looks up, a look of determination in his expression.

 

“Let's run away. From them. I can't do this anymore. Let's run away.”