One

claim you

 

Kyungsoo impatiently taps his shoes on the hospital's floor, it's been almost an hour since Jongin was taken inside. He balls his hands in tight fists and closes his eyes as he listens to his omega's screams. Jongin is in labor, and he is beyond happy.

 

He smiles when he hears shrill cries of a baby and stands up as a doctor approach him with a warm smile. “Congratulations, Mr. Do it's a baby boy.” The doctor then pats his shoulder. Kyungsoo nods, thanks to the doctor and take a few steps toward the room. He takes a deep breath as he enters the room. His omega's scent filling up the whole room.

 

He walks towards the cradle. He pokes his son's cheek gently and chuckles when those beautiful brown orbs stare at him. His heart melts as he watches his omega, stirring in his sleep. He kisses his son and pulls him into his arms, gently swinging them back and forth and smiles lovingly. He has been waiting for this for so long. And now it's happening. He feels a stinging pain behind his eyes, as he walks towards Jongin.

 

He sits next to his omega, brushes aside his fringes from his forehead and leans in to press a gentle kiss there. “Thanks, love,” He whispers.

 


 

Jongin plops himself on the farthest corner of the cafeteria. It's almost two in the afternoon and he is dying to complete his assignment as soon as possible. He reads the English poem before noting it down in his notebook along with their meanings.

 

He peeks from his book when he hears the sudden commotion. It's him. Jongin purses his lips in a thin line as he watches the couple making a move of sitting on the busiest side of the cafeteria. He feels hollow from insides, a stinging pain behind his eyes. He was always a loner. And probably he doesn't even know someone like him exists in the world it the first place.

 

There is an undeniable pain in his heart, sometimes he wishes to be like them. To be among them. But alas he can't. He is born to be a loner and probably will die as a loner. He watches as Kyungsoo's boyfriend moves with elegance, Baekhyun. His name is Byun Baekhyun. The school's eyeliner queen. He is beautiful, to say the least, is funny and can lighten up your mood with just a simple quirk of his lips. He has beautiful white skin unlike him. He is perfect; he is not lanky like Jongin or clumsy like him. He looks like perfection, made to be protected.

 

He looks down at his own body and frowns. Bile rises in his throat, as he inspects himself. He is not like them. He has darker skin than an average Korean. He is too much taller, is clumsy and uncoordinated. And somehow these are enough to make him an outsider in between them.

 

He is an omega which his family members never thought him to be. Most of his cousins are either alphas or betas, and in the whole family line he is alone as an omega kid, and on top of that a male one. They are disappointed in him, and even if his father doesn't speak on his face he knows he hates him from his guts. That's why it was not a surprise for him when he heard his dad calling him a . Though he still cried and felt lonely when no one came to comfort him.

 

His heart picks up a fast pace as he finds his gaze locked with the alpha. Kyungsoo's expression is neutral, but it still stirs something inside his weak heart. He feels his cheeks heating up when he sees Kyungsoo smiling, still looking at him. Though he can feel a mischievous glint in others expression, though he tries to not think about it, now. He looks down in submission, as he sees Kyungsoo approaching him. His heart is beating too fast too loud as Kyungsoo stands in front of him.

 

“Hey.” He says. His voice his deep, dark and seductive. Just like an alpha's.

 

“H-Hi...” Though Jongin can't see himself, he knows his cheeks will probably be tomato red by now.

 

“Sorry about what I am going to do, now.”He says. As soon as Jongin looks up in confusion, Kyungsoo pours the cold water on his head. He faintly hears the laughs of others in between his own tremor. Kyungsoo is not looking at him but at his boyfriend. He is laughing with them. He feels suffocating bile rising in his throat, and the warm tears are falling from his eyes. He is still looking at Kyungsoo, hoping he will explain this. But he didn't.

 

Jongin quickly gathers his books, his vision blurring, as he hears them laughing. Kyungsoo looks at him when he chokes on a sob.

 

Kyungsoo watches the disappearing figure. His lips parts as the realization hit him like a truck. It's the familiar scent. He balls his hands into tight fists and growls. It's him.

 

His Omega.

 

****

 

Jongin splashes cold water on his face as he stops crying. It's almost an hour since the incident and Jongin feels broken. Maybe he was seeing all the signs wrong, it was bound to happen to someone like him.

 

He hates himself, his wolf. His submissiveness, he hates it. He hates being omega. He looks at his own reflection and smiles a pained smile.

“You are the same useless, pathetic scum Jongin.” He mutters as he feels himself crying again.

 

****

 

Hey, Jongin!” Jongin looked back at the voice, it's the same boy. “This is for you,” He says. It's a red carnation now. His heart flutters at the meaning of the flower.

 

“Can't you tell me who gave it to you?” He asked. It's happening to him since the last week, someone's giving him the flowers. They all hold meanings and there's not a single hint of who's giving him.

 

“Oh no, I can't. I am sorry.” He says as he walks away.

 

Jongin takes a deep breath as he looks down at the flower. He bites his lower lip as he feels the blush rising on his cheeks. He feels giddy inside, and a warm feeling settled itself in his heart.

 

 

*

 

 

“When are you going to tell him?” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow and sighs.

 

“I can't now, duh. I practically humiliated him. Duh, how can I be such an idiot?”

 

“I mean as an alpha you should have known that he's your mate, dumb.”

 

“Geez, now I know. And I feel stupid. I-I hurt him.” He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

 

“Dumb Alpha. I don't know how you are even going to be the head alpha.’’

 

“Show some respect, duh. I will kill you,” He says smirking.

 

“Whatever duh. Well, I hope your flower game is working.”


 

Jongin bites his lower lip, as he saw his parents talking rather in a serious tone. He thought of just walking away, which was not a good idea if the glare he received from his dad was an indication.

 

“Jongin sit here.” His dad called, Jongin gulped and nodded. Several thoughts ran through his mind if he had done something to upset his parents, again. Or if they want to take their frustration out on Jongin, again. He bites his lower lip as a shiver ran down his spine at both thoughts. He sat on the couch, and hangs his head low; he intertwines his fingers on his lap as he takes a deep breath.

 

“Are you now ing around?”

 

Jongin's mouth was wide agape, his eyes widened at his father's statement, he felt a stinging pain behind his eyes, and a bile rose in his throat. “What??” It was barely a whisper but he knew his dad had heard when he started shaking his head.

 

“Honey, please.” He heard his mom, but he didn't bother to look at her. His dad was still looking at him with complete hatred, though there was something else in his eyes which he couldn’t pinpoint.

 

“Jongin, I am happy for you, son.” His mother said patting his shoulder lovingly, which was rare.

 

“Our Pack's head alpha wants us to dine with them this evening. According to him, you have captured his son's attention. And he says both of you are destined mates.” Jongin's lips parted, he blinked as the words finally sank into his mind.

 

Head alpha's son?

 

What about Kyungsoo?

 

His heart sank at that thought. Kyungsoo is not his mate. He bites his lower lip hard enough for it to bleed as he thinks of how many times he felt the connection, but was it all just nothing? He bitterly thinks. He had never heard about the head alpha's son, or not even the head alpha itself. The man is a reserved person; he doesn't like to meet many people. He is a total control freak. Though he is a good leader, a very good one at that.

 

“... And son, go get ready. We are needed to be there in four hours.” Jongin blinked and nodded, he stood up from the couch with wobbly legs and a heavy heart.

 

While walking away he heard his dad and stopped dead in his track.

 

“I mean seriously without spreading his legs how could he even get his attention. Look at him. I knew it. He always humiliates me. First being an omega now this. Though it doesn't matter if he is the reason that we are going to be close to the head alpha.”


 

Jongin ran a hand through his locks as he took a deep breath. They have finally reached the restaurant. He looks up. It's expensive, he can say. Though he was never into expensive things, in the first place, meeting with head alpha in a roadside street shop is probably not a good idea.

“Behave, Jongin,” His father sternly said. Jongin nodded as he followed his parents into the restaurant.

 

They were escorted to the VIP section, completely different from the other part of the restaurant. It is decorated in Victorian Style, completely mesmerizing...

 

But what gave him shock was his presence, Jongin blinked several times to confirm, and yes it is. It's him.

 

Kyungsoo, is his alpha? He thought as a blush rose on his cheeks. He felt giddy inside when Kyungsoo smiled at him. It was full of warmth. He bites his lower lip as his heart picked up a dangerous pace when Kyungsoo comes forward and takes his right hand in his, kissing the knuckles softly. He gulped as Kyungsoo led him towards the table. He pulled the chair out for Jongin; Jongin had to bite the inside of his cheeks to stop grinning stupidly.

 

Mr. Do cleared his throat, as he knowingly smiled at them, Jongin's blush deepened as he looked down at his lap.

 

“It really is a good match,” Mrs. Do says. “Kyungsoo told us about it. We were happy and now we are much more excited to have such a cute omega as our Kyungsoo's wife.”

 

Mrs. Kim chuckled as she shook her head. “It is. They are cute together.”

 

The elders nodded in agreement, leaving the other two flustered. More like only Jongin, as Kyungsoo scooted closer to him and leaned to whisper in his ear. A shiver ran down his spine at the closeness between them. His wolf already ready to submit to his alpha.

 

“You are looking pretty, Jongin. Beautiful,” He whispers and leans back, clearing his throat he looks back at his mother with a raised eyebrow. He really needs to divert his attention to something else; Jongin smells really good, he smells sin, and his wolf is losing control, slowly but surely.

 

He really wants to claim Jongin then and there, he takes a deep breath – immediately regretting it, because wow! Why does he smell like that – as he gulps down the cold water,

 

He really needs to tell his omega how beautiful he is.