Six

claim you

 

“I have no idea what’s happening hyung!” Kyungsoo sighs as he follows Yixing out his shared bedroom with Jongin. “I mean he is vomiting and fainting and can you guess what? I do not understand anything! It’s so frustrating but more than that, I am scared for him.” He stops and shakes his head. “Maybe it was my fault to keep him here. I mean, okay alright. This place is… good.” He stops and smiles a little when Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at him. “I mean it’s a really pretty place.”

 

“But maybe it’s my fault that I didn’t care for him properly. What if he caught a bug or something? Do we need to go to the hospital hyung?” The omega is still sleeping – now a little comfortably than before. But Kyungsoo is still worried about his mate. “Did you find anything?” He asks and Yixing merely passes him a smug smile. Kyungsoo was always known as an oblivious lamb so of course, he didn’t understand the meaning behind the beta’s dainty smile. “Hyung! Are you going to say something or not?”

 

“Hmm. Let’s say you actually worked hard!”

 

“What?!”

 

“Aish, Kyungsoo. Guess what?” Yixing asks when Kyungsoo shows no sign of understanding; he rolls his eyes in mock disappointment. “Aish, your omega is pregnant, you dumb!”

 

“Your omeg... My omega is …wait! wait, what?!” He shouts as he jumps a little and steps away from Yixing and others as they will burn him alive, though he is sure as hell that he is feeling another burn behind his eyelids. “My omega’s… what did you say?” He quietly asks this time.

 

Yixing again rolls his eyes at him. “Your omega’s pregnant.” Yifan supplies with a wide proud smile.

 

“Nini’s pregnant,” Chanyeol confirms as he wraps his long arm around Kyungsoo’s broad shoulders and rolls his eyes when Kyungsoo doesn’t move – not even a bit as if frozen on the spot. “Kyungsoo, Jongin’s pregnant. Do we need to announce it in front of the whole city, wait...?” Chanyeol stops as he looks at his other friends. “We can do that too.”

 

A minute or two passes in silence as Kyungsoo stares at Yixing wide-eyed. Chanyeol and Yifan are still constantly rolling their eyes but now there are smiles on their faces. “My omega…. Jongin is pregnant? P-pregnant?” He again asks, his voice sounds unsure and hesitant. His friends finally turn serious.

 

“Yes, Kyungsoo. Jongin is pregnant,” Yixing quietly states. His tone gentle “Jongin’s pregnant… woaah!” He shouts as Kyungsoo hugs him tightly. The alpha’s a little shorter than the beta but for once he doesn’t care. He needs a little bit reassurance and he is glad to have such understanding and loving friends. When Yifan and Chanyeol finally hug him too, he cries. “Kyungsoo, it’s alright. Dude... don’t cry.”

 

Chanyeol laughs a little. “Dude, I guess the problem was about your .” He laughs as Kyungsoo glares at him. Kyungsoo is looking nothing like an alpha in that spun off a moment, with happy tears still falling from his eyes endlessly, lips wobbling and hair disheveled. “No seriously? What was happening when you guys were left alone?” He asks and then screams as Kyungsoo chases him, to beat the out of him of course.

 

The friends' laugh resonating in the whole living room.

 

 

****

 

 

When Jongin wakes up he is greeted with Kyungsoo’s handsome face, there’s concern but there’s something else too, which Jongin can’t pinpoint. He sighs as Kyungsoo brushes aside his fringes from his eyes and kisses his forehead. “You need a haircut.” The alpha whispers.

 

Jongin frowns and then pouts. His eyes are still heavy from sleepiness and body still tired from all the vomiting and all. “That’s the reason that you are smiling like an idiot?” Jongin asks. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at him, though the sweet, admiring smile is still plastered on his face.

 

“You’re beautiful, you know that right?” Kyungsoo asks, kissing his eyelids. Jongin blushes as he pulls Kyungsoo down and buries his face in the elder’s neck.

 

“Shut up.” Jongin grumbles and Kyungsoo chuckles.

 

“Our kids will be as beautiful as you are.” Kyungsoo whispers and for a moment the omega stiffens under his hold, Jongin’s arms loosening around his neck. Tears are pricking the younger’s eyes as he looks at Kyungsoo with wobbling lips.

 

“Kyung... I am sorr-” His apology for whatever reasons for Kyungsoo is cut off when Kyungsoo attaches his lips to his, pulling back when he thinks it’s alright. ‘W-what?”

 

“Why are you apologizing, love?” Kyungsoo asks, tightening his hold on the omega’s small waist as he leans down, shifting his weight on his left elbow beside the younger’s head. "Why are you apologizing?” He again asks, this time his voice more on side of a whisper.

 

Few tears escape the omega’s eyes; Kyungsoo quickly wipes them away, kissing his wet lids again.

 

"I'm-I'm s-sorry, Soo," Jongin says between sobs “I-I f-failed y-you again," he buries his face in his palms, wailing louder.

 

"What are you talking about, Nini?" Kyungsoo slowly pries Jongin's hands off his face and delicately cups his cheeks. "Baby, you never did fail me. Do you understand me?"

 

"You never ever did fail me, if there is someone who failed someone that would be me! Not you! Never! Stop doubting yourself, love." His every word punctuated by the kisses he presses all over his mate's beautiful face.

 

"Now, now smile my Angel. I don't like it when you cry." He mumbles against Jongin's lips "I need your sweet and pretty smile to get through my day"

 

"You're so cheesy, Soo." Jongin smiles, still sniffling a little, as he playfully shoves Kyungsoo's chest.

 

The alpha chuckles taking his omega's hand in his. "Just for you, baby."

 

They stay like that, for a while, looking at each other with adoration and love. Then Kyungsoo breaks their eye contact as he remembers something.

"Oh, before I forget" he starts saying as he gets up from the bed and picks up the pregnancy tests from the nightstand. He hands them to Jongin who looks at him in confusion.

 

"Hm...Yixing gave me these for you, baby." He says rubbing his nape in excitement. Eyes shining with mirth. "Hm...well, go take tests."

 

"W-why? I-i-"

 

"Nini, do you trust me?"

 

"Yes, of course, I do, Kyungsoo. But I don't under--"

 

"Just do it, please," He kisses the omega's forehead lightly. "F-for me," He squeezes his hands gently.

 

"O-okay," Says Jongin softly. He grasps the pregnancy kit from the alpha's palm and then he immediately hurries in the bathroom closing the door behind him.

 

Several minutes pass as Kyungsoo waits for Jongin. And he hears it, a croaked but loud "K-KYUNGSOO!" He doesn't waste any minute and rushes into the bathroom. The first thing he sees, as he enters, is Jongin sitting on the floor with tears flowing down his cheeks. With his own eyes filled with unshed tears, he approaches the omega and sits beside him. Jongin immediately, feeling his presence, hugs him and sobs louder. And the alpha lets him because he knows those tears are, finally, of happiness and not more filled with pain.

 

"I-I-I'm p-pregnant." Jongin croaks out against the shorter's chest, a smile forming on his lips that reaches his teary eyes. "I'm pregnant" he repeats again, this time pulling away from the alpha's embrace and placing his palm on his, still, flat belly.

 

Kyungsoo says nothing instead cups his beautiful mate's cheeks and crashes their lips together in which they both pour their unspoken feelings.

 

 

****

 

 

“I still can't believe this, hyung!” Jongin says, wiping his teary eyes as he settles beside Kyungsoo on the couch. “I-I mean what if it was wrong? What if Iam not pregna-”

 

“-Jongin, Jongin, Jongin. Baby, it's true and we are. We are going to be parents. Soon.” The alpha mutters, taking the younger's hand in his, as his eyes shine with excitement. Parents. “Finally.” He mutters, wiping Jongin’s tears with the pad of his thumbs. Kyungsoo places his hand over Jongin’s still flat stomach and charmingly smiles at his omega. “Here,” He points his index finger at the flat stomach. “Our future.” He whispers. “A part of us. A part of you. A part of me.” He stops, looking up at the younger male. “A part of us.” He repeats.

 

“A part of us,” Jongin murmurs, giggling under his breath as he protectively wraps both of his arms around his flat stomach. Kyungsoo chuckles “B-but are we going to tell our…parents about this-”

 

“-NO!” Kyungsoo answers with a low growl. “We are not going to tell them. Those…” ers. “They don't deserve to know something like that.” He shakes his head to get rid of those faces as he covers Jongin’s hand in his. “It's only me and you and our future pup. That's it.”

 

Even though Jongin thinks same, he can't help but think that it's nearly impossible to hide away from their parents now that he is pregnant. Pregnancy means constant check-ups in the hospital in the city which unfortunately comes under Kyungsoo’s father. And they can easily be found out within the next nine months.

 

He doesn't say it loud though. They were waiting for this news since forever and now that it's finally here, he doesn't want to ruin the happiness. “And our friends too” Jongin adds with a finality. Kyungsoo nods. “They deserve to know about it and I am dying to meet them. It's been months.” He says.

 

“We will call them. They are busy with school but they will come.” Kyungsoo says and, finally, the reality slaps him when Jongin freezes on the spot. Due to all these, Jongin wasn't able to finish his school. He left in his last grade which means everything is a waste now. They never talked about it but Kyungsoo knows that his mate (being the nerd he is) is dying to go back to his normal life. And probably is missing the school and his studies.

 

And for this Kyungsoo thinks if he should tell his parents about Jongin’s pregnancy. Maybe, just maybe it will be alright. Maybe they will accept it and they will be able to go back to their old normal life. He shakes his head. He has no idea about Jongin’s parents, but he is scared about his own. Maybe they won't harm Jongin now that he is pregnant, something that the old Do couple wanted to hear but then again, nothing is predictable when it comes to his parents.

 

 

****

 

 

Wait! Kyungsoo!” Jongin shouts, following the alpha towards their shared bedroom. Jongin is sure that the alpha is annoyed and tired as but he knows that it's important and the older male has to go back to the supermarket. And it doesn't matter whatever happens.

 

“Yeah?” Kyungsoo asks, already ing his shirt but stops when Jongin holds his wrist. “What now, Jongin?” He asks, his annoyance betrayed with the small admiring smile on his face. He brushes aside Jongin’s fringes from his pretty big brown eyes but frowns when Jongin shakes his head, the fringes falling back on his eyes. “Why did you-”

 

“-Did you bring the book that I told you to buy?” Jongin asks, cutting the alpha off as he folds his arms over his chest, a small pout on his face as he restlessly stomps his right foot on the floor.

 

Kyungsoo frowns at him. “No, I didn't.” The alpha answers with a raised brow. “It's not necessary, is it-”

 

“Alpha, alpha, alpha!” Jongin sighs, shaking his head in mock disappointment. He nods towards the door as he motions for Kyungsoo to follow him. “When you are busy in all work that you made a room for it all.” Jongin stops, glaring at the mentioned room’s door. “Then I am alone. Alone, alpha. And I need something to occupy myself with. And now I am not alone, I have our baby too.” He looks behind himself and smiles when he actually finds Kyungsoo standing behind himself. “You have to go.”

 

That's a final command. Kyungsoo knows.

 

 

****

 

 

After they confirmed that Jongin is actually pregnant (still based on pregnancy kits), Jongin is actually behaving like a pregnant omega. Throwing him out to buy what he demanded, then asking him to get every food he craved to eat and then finally throwing Kyungsoo out to the supermarket for the ty reasons. Buying another book is one of them.

 

It’s the next day after they found about Jongin’s pregnancy and it's just the start. Going out to the city for some necessary things is kind of dangerous. But somehow in the midst of finding that they are finally going to be parents, they are ignoring it.

 

Kyungsoo is glad that no one found him, yet. He is tired as hell, being an alpha is not easy. At all. He is running in and out since the last evening and it's already night, his muscles are aching. And somehow it reminds him of those puppies. He stops and glares at his tired legs. Jongin has puppies to play with, 'then why the hell does he need a book?’ He sighs and shakes his head. 'Well he can't play with puppies’ whole day, now can he?” He unconsciously pouts but then smiles as he nears the penthouse, the omega’s sweet smell filling up his nostrils as they soothe and relax him a little.

 

'Anything is fine. We are going to be parents for ’s sake!’ He squeaks as he closes his eyes and imagines everything. Parents. He can't wait to be called dad.

 

 

****

 

 

It's finally night, means he can finally rest. After coming back from the supermarket, Kyungsoo came home to realize that he had to prepare dinner because apparently, he forgot to teach Jongin to cook something, again. Not that it's his sole mistake because he couldn't help but think about Jongin’s swollen stomach whenever the omega is near him, or even when he isn't.

 

It's more than two and Kyungsoo’s glad that Jongin’s finally sleeping. The omega was a hyper puppy throughout the day. It's actually not easy, after preparing dinner and eating it with Jongin he realized that he needed to finish the translation of an article from Korean to Chinese and Japanese. The alpha has already started freelance writing in his spare time and he thinks it's better than doing nothing at all.

 

He crawls back to bed tiredly and yawned loudly, hoping to not wake Jongin up. 'ing finally!’ Don't think of him wrong, he loves Jongin with all his heart but going in and out for hours is exhausting. He buries himself more in bed, carefully and gently pulling Jongin towards him and relaxed when Jongin’s strong strawberry scent hit him. When he actually felt his body relaxing and sleep finally hit him hard, Jongin sleepily speaks.

“Hyung, I want to eat ice cream.”

 

And to say that it's not even the start!