Eight

claim you

 

The fourth month of Jongin’s pregnancy and an almost stable job of Kyungsoo in the city strengthened their relationship but as much as the unborn baby, strengthened it also separated them. Kyungsoo thinks so.

 

Jongin has started spending his time talking with the baby more than him, okay alright… Jongin does tell him to talk to their baby too but, Kyungsoo knows Jongin better than their unborn baby, and he knew Jongin before the baby, he came in Jongin’s life before --

 

“Hyung, if you've done pouting, can you please help me with this?” Jongin pulls him out of his trance; jealousy fades away as soon as it came when Jongin passes a sweet smile with puppy eyes at him. He points toward the set of cups kept on the highest shelf in the kitchen and Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at him.

 

“Are you making fun of me, Jonginnie?”

 

“Fun?” Jongin tilts his head, resting his hand on his swollen stomach. “What are you saying-, oh!” Jongin sweetly giggles, placing a hand on his mouth. “Hyung, come on. I never laughed at your height before, why would I now? Now of all time when I need your help?”

 

“Okay, okay. Come down, give me your hands.” Jongin nods and makes grabby hands at him, Kyungsoo chuckles at his cute lover, instantly grabbing his hand and with other, his not so tiny waist. “You go, sit. Don't do these kinds of stuff Jongin. Just last night you were complaining about your swollen feet.”

 

Jongin actually recently started complaining about his swollen feet, especially toes, since a few weeks ago. It comes under one of the pregnancy stages and since Jongin is already in his fourth month he's experiencing so. “Hyung, I can't stand.” Jongin declared in frustration and Kyungsoo looked down at his lover's swollen feet, toes almost an angry shade of red. He sighed, he really needs to start hitting the gym again. Placing a hand behind the younger’s head and the other behind his knees; he picked him up in his arms, despite feeling pain in his lower back himself because Jongin is not exactly light right now.

 

“If you're done grumbling about my weight, can you please drop me on the couch in our living room.” Jongin stops, looking at his strong biceps. “And hyung, I know that you've strong biceps than me, but you don't need to show them off by wearing these tight shirts!”

 

Kyungsoo smirks. “Jealous, are we?” He teases, shifting Jongin in his arms, okay Jongin is really heavy.

 

“Oh, please. I have biceps too and I've abs too”

 

“You don't have any more… biceps, if there were any in the first place and God! Jongin, should I remind you that you don't have any abs, now?”

 

“Don't be ridiculous, hyung! You don't have abs too, you don't need to be so-”

 

“-do I need to show you my abs this early in the day, Jonginnie?” Kyungsoo asks, placing him on the couch before hovering over him with a self-satisfied smirk when Jongin flushes up to his ears, delicate caramel skin in a beautiful shade of red. “Should I?” He asks in a whisper, leaning in so that their faces are mere inches apart. “Should I, Princess?”

 

Jongin whines, cheeks getting redder than before, if possible. “Hyung, shut- oompfh!” Kyungsoo sighs in the kiss, finally able to do what he wanted since the morning. For some reason, Jongin’s lips look more delectable than before, shinier and healthy. Maybe because he's pregnant, for he's glowing more than before and if possible, looks more beautiful than ever.

 

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin pulls away from the kiss, placing a hand on Kyungsoo's mouth when he chases the younger’s lips. “Our friends are coming. Clean everything, go go.”

 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, easily grabbing his lover's hands before placing them beside his head, placing small kisses on his adorable face all along. “They won't come until a few hours from now; we can do a lot in these hours.”

 

Jongin scrunches his nose, red flushing along his skin tan neck. “No, we don- ah! Kyungsoo! Shut it.” Kyungsoo chuckles but doesn't stop marks on his neck. “Kyungsoo- oh!” The bell goes off and Jongin smirks in satisfaction. “They are here~” He says in sing a song tone.

 

Kyungsoo groans, his face showing complete distaste at the arrival of his friends. “They were born to be ers,” He declares, grumbling curses under his breath as he gets off of Jongin.

 

“Hey, hyung. Come here.” Jongin calls, his voice unusually adorable. Kyungsoo follows his words without a word or whatsoever and soullessly stands in front of him. Jongin grabs the front of his shirt and pulls him down at his height, placing a chaste kiss on his older lover's lips. “Now go.”Kyungsoo grins widely, Jongin’s kind, brown eyes promising of a steamy night ahead.

 

Oh, yes. There's bounce in his steps as Jongin’s sweet giggles fill up his ears.

 

*

 

“We will name him Jin!” Minseok declares, smiling proudly.

 

“And what if it's a girl?” Yixing asks, raising an eyebrow at the older male.

 

“Then we will name her… Soojung!” Baekhyun suggests – he’s the only alpha sitting between them.

 

The bickering doesn't stop there, instead continues and Jongin rolls his eyes at them. He picks up a cushion, placing it over his swollen stomach. He thought meeting with their friends would end up with a fun time and it's already evening, and they are doing nothing but bickering with each other. He wanted to relax for a bit. He is struck here and to be honest, he gets bored by living all alone, when he knows that his boyfriend is in office in the city and his friends at the college.

 

He wanted to relax and not end up getting bored to death.

 

“Hey, Jongin you didn't tell us when you both are getting married,” Baekhyun asks, grinning widely before sitting beside him. “And now you are pregnant too, don't you think it's enough of reason?”

 

Oh! Marriage. They didn't talk about the whole marriage thing since they ran away from the city. It never came to their mind in the first place. He looks at Kyungsoo, who's talking to the other friends of theirs, seemingly engrossed in the conversation. But maybe it's their bond that Kyungsoo instantly looks back at him, a frown etched on his strong features before it melts in a fond smile when Jongin shakes his head before looking back at the other three.

 

“W-we haven't talked about it, yet.” He answers, Minseok seems to understand his hesitation, so he intervenes,

 

“Marriage takes time and planning, Baekhyun. And besides, they are already living like a married couple, it's enough for now.”

 

“But still,” Baekhyun insists. “Marriage will be a final stamp at their relationship. And besides, I want to attend their marriage sooooonnnnn!”

 

“You're twenty, Baek. But Jongin’s only eighteen. They don't need to rush anything.” Yixing answers gently. “And besides, Jongin is already pregnant. Kyungsoo can't keep it in his pants.” The three of them laughs at Yixing’s remark and Jongin burns in embarrassment.

 

He looks at the mentioned male, Kyungsoo is looking at him and he turns red when his friends coo at them.

 

“You guys are just so damn adorable!”

 

*

 

“Marriage, they were asking about our marriage.” Jongin sighs, placing the folded cloth back in the closet. Yixing was right, he is still young. His whole life ahead and marriage would bind them. It's not like he doesn't want to marry Kyungsoo, only God knows how much he's dying thinking about their marriage since Baekhyun’s sudden question.

 

“Hmm. And what else? Is something bothering you?” Kyungsoo loves him but the marriage will only strengthen their relationship which in turn on one side excites him and on the other makes him feel nervous. Married life with Kyungsoo. Do Jongin, that sounds beautiful to his ears.

 

“Nah, nothing.”

 

Kyungsoo seems to understand his hesitation as the man stands behind him, back hugging him seconds later. “Don't you want to marry me?” He asks in a pouty tone, placing a small kiss on his boyfriend's neck. “I am dying to marry you, Do Jongin~~” He breathes in his lover's ear.

 

“I want to,” Jongin admits, turning around in Kyungsoo’s hold. Kyungsoo stares in his deep, brown watery eyes. Jongin is still… scared of Kyungsoo leaving him.

 

“We will,” Kyungsoo assures, placing a hand on his stomach. “With our baby,” He smiles gently. Jongin smiles back, wrapping his arms around his lover's neck.

 

“But one condition.” He grins, eyes holding mischievousness. Jongin scrunches up his nose face adorably confused. “You promise me that you will be wearing… a pink lacy dress.” Jongin screams in frustration, a laughing Kyungsoo picks him up in his arms, walking back toward their bed. “Oh, oh. No sleeping, you promised something this morning, Princess.”

 

“Kyungsoo, I am tire- oommph!”

 

*

 

The fifth month of Jongin’s pregnancy hits them like a damn freight train, for some unexplainable reasons, Jongin has started experiencing intense pain in his stomach and his lower region. The pain is so intense that the omega isn't even able to sleep peacefully in the night hours, instead the younger male cries at night, Kyungsoo's soothing words doing nothing.

 

The doctors said that it's because of the hit the omega received on his stomach and they are quite afraid for there is a high possibility of Jongin having a miscarriage. Scared, that's what they are. More than the baby Kyungsoo is scared about his mate. Jongin is his forever, and he doesn't want… anything bad to happen to his mate.

 

“I highly suggest you live with some older member of your family during the upcoming months. Your mate is male, he has a few complications and as I said before he needs extra care. A little mistake could lead to miscarriage.” The doctor repeated, looking straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes, expression serious and stern.

 

Kyungsoo nodded, looking at his unconscious mate. Jongin suddenly fainted in the morning; fortunately, Kyungsoo was still at home and had a few minutes to leave to his job. He gulped. It's all his fault.

 

“I am sorry, but I need to tell you this. Mr. Do, if something happens, some major complications during his labor or during the upcoming months it could end with one of them…” The doctor stopped and Kyungsoo understood what the doctor meant.

 

*

 

“I-I think we should go to your parents,” Jongin hesitantly speaks. His body is unreasonably light for he just vomited whatever he ate in the morning, it's like he's reliving his first two months of pregnancy.

 

Kyungsoo nods, curling around Jongin wholly, holding his tiny body against his own. Jongin is getting thinner than before, weaker… almost frail.

 

“We should move to the city.” He answers instead. He's still not entirely ready to go to his parents, but they can buy some flat near their mansion so that his mother could check on Jongin during his absence.

 

“I am really sorry, hyung. It's so… difficult.” Jongin softly cries, not pulling back when Kyungsoo asks him to. “But I want this baby hyung. With you and I want to live.” He cries harder after that.

 

Your baby is in danger but your mate's… I think due to a few medical issues your mate would end up… dead during labor. Take care of him, Mr. Do otherwise. Jongin’s doctor had said, unfortunately, Jongin heard him.

 

“I-I don't want to die, I want this baby with you. I want a happy family, hyung.”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart breaks and he shed a few tears. “I am here, nothing will happen Jongin, you're safe. We're alright.”

 

Maybe he needs to talk to his parents tomorrow as soon as possible. He can forgive them, it's not necessary. What's important is Jongin and their baby.