Ten

claim you

 

Kyungsoo has started spending his time more outside of the mansion, understandable and acceptable since he's now the Head Alpha of their clan. He basically has to rule the whole city on his own—alone. And according to the most respected older alphas and betas of the clan, he's doing well, keeping in mind that he was never trained to be The Head Alpha, and from the words of a few recognized alphas, their clan is only going to be stronger than ever.

 

Kyungsoo is fulfilling his duty as a Head Alpha very well; however, when it comes to his duty as Jongin’s mate, same couldn't be said—not exactly, at least.

 

But Jongin’s not complaining, not to Kyungsoo and nor to Kyungsoo’s mother.

 

Kyungsoo comes back home at late hours of the night when Jongin’s already slept and goes out of the mansion during early hours of the morning because apparently, he has to look after his father's company too, even before Jongin wakes up. They don't see each other more; however, Kyungsoo does call Jongin every so often just to know if he's doing alright since he's nearing the date. Other than that, to make up for his absence during the most important part of Jongin’s, their life, the alpha sends him gifts regularly, whether it's a bouquet of red roses or his favorite chocolates or anything else of his desire.

 

They might be not spending a lot of time with each other but their love hasn't grown weak. And the still unborn child makes sure of that.

 

 

*

 

 

Kyungsoo’s mother is a generous, kind, loving woman (and a little evil, Jongin can’t deny, though, during her days). And so when Kyungsoo’s not present — whole day — Jongin either spends his time with the woman or his books, he's going to go back to school to finish his studies, he's making sure of that. It's understandable that Kyungsoo’s mother, now a widow, does not speak much in favor of spending her time inside her bedroom. With the memories of her husband, Jongin believes.

 

Now that he's in his eighth month of pregnancy, he couldn't do much more than lay on his bed or waste his time sitting on the balcony chair, alone and getting bored to death. His right-hand stays on his huge bump as if it's home.

 

 

“You haven't noticed but they've started kicking,” Jongin rubs a hand over his stomach, hissing as the child does kick right after he says that.

 

“I-I really haven't,” There's a heavy sigh on the other side and Jongin can imagine Kyungsoo’s hunched form, leaning heavily over his work desk. He feels guilty of disturbing the alpha, only a bit. “When, though?” Jongin hums, trying to calculate the time and in the end giving up because the kid's restless.

 

“It's been time.”

 

Kyungsoo stays silent after that, though Jongin can still hear the rustling of papers. “You're still overworking yourself?”

 

I have to overwork myself, baby. And besides don't worry; you are there to take care of me, aren't you?

 

“I don’t think so,” He hums, adjusting his legs on the coffee table kept just in front of him. “When you come home, I am sleeping and when you go out, I am still sleeping. I won’t call it taking care of my alpha.”

 

“Stop thinking nonsense, Jongin,” Kyungsoo reprimands, the elder still sounds gentle despite the sternness in his tone. “You know very well why does that happen, don’t you?”

 

“I don’t,” He petulantly replies, he knows he must be annoying Kyungsoo but he doesn’t care. He can do anything to hear more from the alpha, he missed his voice.

 

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo sighs from the other side. “Do I need to remind you that you’re pregnant and that you don’t need to think about these things?”

 

“Uh, huh?” Jongin distractedly whispers, preparing himself for the oncoming lecture from his lover.

 

“Jongin, I am at work,” Kyungsoo reminds. Jongin hears some rustling from the other side of the call and he imagines Kyungsoo leaning back on his sofa chair. “Okay fine, let’s talk –Jongin, don’t tell me that you just yawned,”

 

“I did, Kyungsoo. I feel sleepy all the time,” Jongin answers instead.

 

“Uh, I-I understand,”

 

“Kyungsoo?” At the hum Kyungsoo passes him, Jongin smiles. “Sing me your favorite song, I’ll sleep quickly,”

 

“Do I really need to?”

 

“Yup,”

 

“Alright, then. But sleep, I have work to do.”

 

Kyungsoo sweet voice fills up his ears and before he knows he’s already sleeping, right hand still on his swollen belly. He missed this so damn much.

 

 

*

 

 

Kyungsoo came home to find Jongin sleeping in the balcony on a sofa chair in the most uncomfortable looking position out there. He was well aware of the fact that his lover can literally sleep anywhere, in any position (the one you cannot even think of sleeping in) at any given time of the day, even then, he’d ended up cringing at the sleeping position of the pregnant omega. He would’ve ended up scolding Jongin for being so careless; however, a single look at the omega’s calm sleeping face stopped him from doing anything that would hurt the omega.

 

Jongin was just too beautiful to be true.

 

Sometimes he does think that he’s dreaming some sort of dream, a fairytale kind of dream. The only differences are that they are both males and his omega (call him whatever you want) is even more beautiful and ethereal than any fairy out there.

 

He’d ended up kneeling beside the sofa chair that Jongin was sleeping on, still clad in his tight work suit–and even though his tight, white button down and his jacket was hugging his body in the most uncomfortable way in the warm weather–, he couldn’t help but ignore them as he’d taken in the view of the sunlight hitting his lover’s features, giving him the softest glow.

 

God, whoever says that Jongin’s ugly is an idiot, seriously.

 

He doesn’t understand how he could do what he’d done to Jongin when they’d first met. It was the most insensitive, the most, thing that he’d done in his entire life. He doesn’t say it to Jongin, doesn’t tell him that how much his teary eyes and sad face haunt Kyungsoo. And if it weren’t for the scent that he’d smelled on Jongin the same day, he wouldn’t have known that Jongin was no one else but his own mate.

 

 

“Kyungsoo, I am honestly disappointed in you,” Yixing had said, shaking his head so hard at him in disappointment that Kyungsoo had no other option but to lower his own head down. “I wouldn’t have known, actually We wouldn’t have known, if it weren’t for Baekhyun and God, I wanna kick both of your asses. You guys are cruel to some student out there,”

 

“And not only to students out there but to your own mate,” Kyungsoo had muttered some incoherent words under his breath because he was already feeling guilty and scared for the future of him and Jongin and Yixing’s scolding was doing nothing but intensifying the fear. “And moreover–”

 

“I am going to make up for it,” He’d answered back, pursing his lips in a thin line and had looked into Yixing’s eyes, his eyes screaming determination. “I-I know that I did a mistake, it was wrong what I did, but I can’t take back my action now, can I?”

 

“The only thing I can do now is ask for his forgiveness and it… depends on him, if he would accept my apology or not.”

 

Only Kyungsoo knows how much scared he was when he’d told his parents about Jongin and how nervous he was when he’d been informed that Mr. and Mrs. Kim will meet them the same evening with Jongin in the same restaurant his father owned. “What if he didn’t accept my apology?” was the only question inside his head and honestly there was no one to answer him that, except Jongin himself. Jongin was looking beautiful that day, Kyungsoo remembers, and he’d felt guiltier when he’d understood the emotions running in those warm, brown eyes. Eventually, the dinner had ended without a problem or whatsoever and he’d asked Mr. Kim to allow him to talk to Jongin for some time. Mr. Kim had immediately accepted with a big (a bit creepy, Kyungsoo admits) smile, but it was Jongin who needed to say yes for the small talk Kyungsoo wanted to have with him.

 

Fortunately, Jongin had said yes and their conversation had ended pretty well too. Jongin had ended up accepting his apology, and they’d kissed for the first time.

 

Kyungsoo still couldn’t forget the sensations that came with the touch of Jongin’s lips on his own. He still feels all those butterflies in his stomach, even after so many months that they spent together, but nothing could be compared to what he’d felt when he’d first kissed Jongin, the soft, pliant body against his own buff one gave him such strong emotion that he still feels warm whenever he thinks about that day. And when Jongin had given him that softest of smile that he’d ever seen, he knew he wanted to protect the omega. He’d ended up failing in that too, hence what Jongin was going through during his pregnancy, but he’s glad that it worked out for them, after all–

 

“We’re meant to stay together, hyung, no matter what.”

 

Jongin was just too beautiful to be true.

 

And he was an idiot to not notice how beautiful Jongin was (inside-out) and had failed to notice that Jongin was no one else but his own omega.

 

 

He’d leaned up and had pecked Jongin’s soft, plush lips. He was tired, but that didn’t stop him from gathering Jongin’s sleeping (and a very heavy body, because he wasn’t one but two) form in his strong arms and bringing him to their bedroom. He was glad that Jongin was a pretty heavy sleeper otherwise the omega would’ve definitely ended up being awake when Kyungsoo had tripped on his way to their bedroom. He wasn’t lying when he said that he was tired and he was sleepy as . He’d laid Jongin on their bed, had covered him with the blanket and had given him a small peck on his forehead.

 

It took him another hour to step out of his clothes and take a bath. After finishing so, and wearing his cotton pants (he loved sleeping shirtless) had snuggled up to Jongin, spooning him from behind, his strong arm was wrapped around the omega’s swollen belly. There laid their future, a part of them that they have been waiting for so damn long.

 

Sleep came easily that night (than any other in recent weeks), as he dreamt about living happily with his omega, their pup and quite surprisingly, his mother was a part of that dream too.

 

 

****

 

 

“You’re here,” That was the first few words Kyungsoo heard when he’ woke up, Jongin looked shocked but pleasantly happy nonetheless. “I-, wait, today’s Sunday, isn’t it?” Jongin asked, eyes, sleepy eyes, adorably wide. Kyungsoo nodded with a small yawn, burying his face further into Jongin’s hair but soon ended up placing a kiss on his temple. “B-but, last Sunday you were in office, does that mean, you need to go to the office again, even today?” Jongin asked, tone edging on sadness thinking that Kyungsoo would leave him alone today, again, on a Sunday.

 

Truthfully, Kyungsoo was needed in the office today too. But he’d ended up canceling the appointed meeting with one of the top businessman of South Korea because he knew he wasn’t in a state to overwork himself more than he already did. That did sound like a selfish move to Kyungsoo’s ears but he believes that his father will forgive him for letting out the deal slip from his hands.

 

After all, he wasn’t made for the business world.

 

“No, I am planning on spending this Sunday with my adorable omega. Would you like to spend this Sunday with me, Jongin?” Jongin giggled at that but ended up burying his face further into Kyungsoo’s firm chest. That was a bit difficult, they both knew. Jongin was pregnant and his huge baby bump wouldn’t allow them to hug each other as they used to do. So Kyungsoo only sighed and asked Jongin to turn around, just so he can hug him better, Jongin did so without a word, because, “when you hug me it feels so good, Kyungsoo,” “So, I was actually planning so, J-, babe are you sleeping again?”

 

Jongin sleepily nodded, curling against Kyungsoo’s warmth. “Mmmm, feeling sleepy,” The omega nodded. Of course, the boy’s pregnant and is in his eighth month of pregnancy so he is expected to feel more sleepy and tired. Jongin brings Kyungsoo’s hand to his swollen stomach and giggles when Kyungsoo slightly jumps.

 

“Woah, what was that?”

 

“Kyungsoo, I think they like your touch,” Jongin whispers, excited. He turns his head around, smiling widely at the blown out look on Kyungsoo’s face. “You look ugly but I love you so it doesn’t matter,” Jongin teases, but almost screams when Kyungsoo suddenly flips him over his back, a bit gently, and quickly places a hand over his belly. A wide smile blooms up his lips.

 

“J-Jongin, , t-they kicked,” He laughs a little placing both of his hands on Jongin’s belly. Jongin giggles with every touch of Kyungsoo on his swollen belly, nearly cooing when Kyungsoo places his ear there, jumping every time when the pup would kick.

 

There’s nothing better, Kyungsoo decides than being here.

 

 

****

 

 

The day came sooner than expected for them.

 

Jongin was still in his eighth month and they’d expected (doctor gave them a date) that Jongin’s delivery wouldn’t come for at least next three weeks.

 

It came sooner than expected and Kyungsoo received a call from his mother when he was in an important meeting and he’d to cancel the meeting in haste with a small, insincere apology as he impatiently ran out of the room, his manager followed soon after him, calling the driver to bring the car to the company’s gate before Kyungsoo reaches there.

 

After that everything was a blur, nearly whole city was gathered in front of the hospital as the news spread around their city like wildfire. Not only them (him and Jongin and Kyungsoo’s mother) but the whole city was impatiently waiting for the pup to come into the world and be a part of them.

Only Kyungsoo knows how much difficulty he’d faced when he’d to cross the cheering crowd.

 

When he’d reached the room, where Jongin was, the first thing he heard was a wailing followed by a scream of his name. He knew Jongin was in pain but there was nothing he could do except sit on the chair kept just beside the room and pray for his love’s and their unborn child’s wellbeing.

 

 

*

 

 

Kyungsoo impatiently taps his shoe on the hospital's floor; it's been almost an hour since Jongin was taken inside. He balls his hands in tight fists and closes his eyes as he listens to his omega's screaming as if there’s no tomorrow. His mother curls her own small, delicate hand in his and for the first time since that day, he’s glad about her presence beside him, beside them.

 

He wishes his father was here too.

 

“He will be fine, don’t worry,” She whispers and Kyungsoo only hugs her tightly to his chest, blinking away the tears that threaten to come out of his eyes.

 

It happens after what feels like forever.

 

A wide smile blooms on his face when shrill cry of a baby echoes inside the whole corridor. “I think it’s a boy, Kyungsoo,” His mother whispers, smiling widely at him.

 

When the sound of the door opening reaches their ears they stand up, hands clutching each other’s tightly when a doctor approach them with a warm smile. “Congratulations, Mr. Do it's a baby boy,” The doctor then pats his shoulder, quickly bowing to them later. Kyungsoo nods, thanks the doctor and looks back at his mother who only whispers a quiet, “you go see them first,” He takes a deep breath and hugs her tightly before taking a few steps toward the room. Jongin’s strong scent fills up the whole room when he enters it, closing the door as quietly as possible.

 

He walks towards the cradle and pokes his son's cheek gently and chuckles when those beautiful brown orbs stare at him. His heart melts as he watches his omega, stirring in his sleep. He kisses his son and pulls him into his arms, gently swinging them back and forth and smiles lovingly. He has been waiting for this for so long; they’ve been waiting for this for so long. And now it's finally happening.

 

He sits next to his omega and brushes aside his fringes from his forehead as he leans in to press a gentle kiss there. “Thanks, love,” He whispers.

 

Jongin only sleepily smiles at him and with a small tired ‘I love you’ falls back into unconsciousness. It must have really tired him out, Kyungsoo thinks, looking down at the small life in his arms and then at his omega.

 

A small family indeed, he thinks, his small family.

 

“I love you too.”


 

 

Thank you for staying with us throughout the story, pups. ><

 

But hold on, there’s an epilogue (of course) coming soon, because it’s still not finished.